Apr 27, 2024, 01:42 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Pixelmon] A better solution

Started by Dpa1991, May 26, 2014, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Hey Everyone,
After spending multiple hours thinking about how we could make a bad situation better, I have finally found the best solution:
Instead of a full reset (that would cause players to leave), or having two servers (that would split the playerbase, giving each server less players), we will add a second world when 1.7.2 comes out. We will then make the current world as /w2 and all your pokemon and builds and everything will be accessible across worlds.
I believe this to be a much better option because it satisfies everyone's needs and concerns and it doesn't involve resetting anything or splitting anything.
There is however, a slight issue: pokemon will not be spawning in world2, so instead, to get pokemon, you will have to go to world1 (which is as simple as typing /normal in chat). This is because, spawning new generation pokemon in an older world could result in unexpected outcomes.
Tell us what you think about this and how you see this new idea

PS: The reason for these changes is because I've been trying to find a better sollution for this, which satisfies everyone's needs.
For those of you that supported the two server idea, if the server starts working better after the update to 1.7.2 (if it consistently has over 100 players), the possibility of having a 2nd server is still open.

NOTE: At the time of writing the previous posts, I was not aware that the Pixelmon mods have implemented multiworld capabilities into Pixelmon, so I thought this solution would not work. But after testing, we've determined that it works and it works good.

SETHAWESOMEST

This solves like everyone's problems at once pretty much xD

jackman500

It still doesn't solve the problem of duped money, items, and pokemon. A full reset would still be much better but if it means losing to much of the player base I guess this will have to do, people just can't seem to get over the idea of giving up what they have currently for the better good of the server in the future.
[/url][/img]http://i.imgur.com/7f5zB.gif[/img][/url]

onionboys

Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 26, 2014, 07:19 AM
Hey Everyone,
After spending multiple hours thinking about how we could make a bad situation better, I have finally found the best solution:
Instead of a full reset (that would cause players to leave), or having two servers (that would split the playerbase, giving each server less players), we will add a second world when 1.7.2 comes out. We will then make the current world as /w2 and all your pokemon and builds and everything will be accessible across worlds.
I believe this to be a much better option because it satisfies everyone's needs and concerns and it doesn't involve resetting anything or splitting anything.
There is however, a slight issue: pokemon will not be spawning in world2, so instead, to get pokemon, you will have to go to world1 (which is as simple as typing /normal in chat). This is because, spawning new generation pokemon in an older world could result in unexpected outcomes.

PS: The reason for these changes is because I've been trying to find a better sollution for this, which satisfies everyone's needs.
For those of you that supported the two server idea, if the server starts working better after the update to 1.7.2 (if it consistently has over 100 players), the possibility of having a 2nd server is still open.

NOTE: At the time of writing the previous posts, I was not aware that the Pixelmon mods have implemented multiworld capabilities into Pixelmon, so I thought this solution would not work. But after testing, we've determined that it works and it works good.
Whenever theres resets, people always leave. Full resets bring people back as well. Tons of people have been waiting for a full reset because they are bored/have nothing to do on the server.

Towelie

Quote from: jackman500 on May 26, 2014, 07:27 AM
It still doesn't solve the problem of duped money, items, and pokemon. A full reset would still be much better but if it means losing to much of the player base I guess this will have to do, people just can't seem to get over the idea of giving up what they have currently for the better good of the server in the future.
We have a full list of those that used the duping glitch (obtained via logs). Prior to having a second world added we will clear all the effects of the dupes, including pokemon grown by duped candy.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

gigomartin

May 26, 2014, 08:04 AM #5 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:24 AM by gigomartin
YESH LOVE YOU DAP

Post Merge: May 26, 2014, 08:24 AM

Quote from: onionboyzz on May 26, 2014, 07:36 AM
Hey Everyone,

Whenever theres resets, people always leave. Full resets bring people back as well. Tons of people have been waiting for a full reset because they are bored/have nothing to do on the server.
well after all i thinks this will let peops not leave and let more peops join so i like it

graven2603

I Still Think A Full Reset would Be Better
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: onionboyzz on May 26, 2014, 07:36 AM

Nothings stopping individuals starting from scratch either way, would imagine it's fairly easy to give away/delete all the stuff you own.

gigomartin

well why then explain me first of all the new world would have the same effect as a map reset and has better things and a full reset would mean 1 peops leave that are loyal to the server 2 if you want to restart just ask a mod to set you to zubat 3 this will means we have the soice between 2 worlds connected together and the new pixelmons spawning to  like pixel he almost rage quited yesterday and i believe many other players would do that to also if we would have a full reset that would mean for a bunch of players that they can also go to another 1.7.2 server cus that would have the same effect for many players

Zedster7777

I think that the idea for a full reset is much better because the people that abused glitches wont be able to any more and i think that the people that would quit if the reset happened we will just have to lose them and with the full reset everyone should keep there donator and anything that they payed for with real money E.G i bought a rayquaza rank /pokeheal and a shiny kyogre so i would spawn in the new server with my starter a shiny rayquaza /pokeheal and a shiny kyogre and 32 diamonds 128 ultrballs 32 rare candys from the rayquaza rank and also that hopefully encourage people to donate so they would have better pokemon when they spawn in.     Well thats what i think should happen to the server please consider what i said thank you.

graven2603

I agree with Zedster7777 because like him i would spawn with my porygon and it would make people want to donate, but i Also like the idea of having 2 worlds  :-\
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

MrEpicWonder

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

gigomartin

Quote from: Zedster7777 on May 26, 2014, 09:31 AM
I think that the idea for a full reset is much better because the people that abused glitches wont be able to any more and i think that the people that would quit if the reset happened we will just have to lose them and with the full reset everyone should keep there donator and anything that they payed for with real money E.G i bought a rayquaza rank /pokeheal and a shiny kyogre so i would spawn in the new server with my starter a shiny rayquaza /pokeheal and a shiny kyogre and 32 diamonds 128 ultrballs 32 rare candys from the rayquaza rank and also that hopefully encourage people to donate so they would have better pokemon when they spawn in.     Well thats what i think should happen to the server please consider what i said thank you.
if its you about the glitches then please read the post of towelie

eco583

but would I lose my /home or protection

xavidram

DPA so the old world will be world2, and the new one will be world 1. Will we be able to build on world 1? I assume that is a yes but I want to make sure.

And even at that. Since there will be two worlds. Many ppl will migrate from the old world to the new one and transfer their builds by tearing them down. So any chance you can give them a moving period or  put up a poll to have players move their stuff to the new world if they want an after that possibly have a second 1.7.2 world?

EeveeGurl

can we switch between worlds with a command

GRIMI_

Quote from: EeveeGurl on May 26, 2014, 04:41 PM
can we switch between worlds with a command
I believe so, yes.
everything will be accessible across worlds.

SnipeMasterShark

Ah Dpa your an absolute genius. Forget +1, ill say this will get a +1 Duotrigontillion (its a number, im a nerd)

Not only do i get to keep my shiny collection <3, this will also create a UNIQUE server that  I beleive will be even more fun than it is currently. I love this idea, and this server.

~SnipeMasterShark

EeveeGurl

May 26, 2014, 06:00 PM #18 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:51 PM by EeveeGurl
will we be able to bring all pokemon from across worlds like my eevee from w1 and back again to w2

Post Merge: May 26, 2014, 07:51 PM

can u pls just do it already though cuz im not playing until something happens
:heart: :fire: :heart: :mushroom: :mushroom: :furnace: :goldenapple: :goldenapple: :diamondaxe: :diamondhoe: :bone: 8) :grassydirt: :grassydirt: :heart: :sugarcanes: :snowball: :( :book: :egg: :painting: :ironblock: :lavabucket: :sheep: :redflower: 8)

BioPh33r

Quote from: EeveeGurl on May 26, 2014, 06:00 PM
will we be able to bring all pokemon from across worlds like my eevee from w1 and back again to w2

Post Merge: May 26, 2014, 07:51 PM

can u pls just do it already though cuz im not playing until something happens
:heart: :fire: :heart: :mushroom: :mushroom: :furnace: :goldenapple: :goldenapple: :diamondaxe: :diamondhoe: :bone: 8) :grassydirt: :grassydirt: :heart: :sugarcanes: :snowball: :( :book: :egg: :painting: :ironblock: :lavabucket: :sheep: :redflower: 8)

One its impossible to migrate pokemon between the two world, Two you must wait for 1.7.2

EeveeGurl

Quote from: BioPh33r on May 26, 2014, 08:05 PM
One its impossible to migrate pokemon between the two world, Two you must wait for 1.7.2
i think it is cuz u cant catch pokemon in one of the so yeah

Dpa1991

No pokemon will be lost, you'll have the same pokemon in w1 as you do in w2

BioPh33r

Neat thanks for making that even better

gigomartin

amneet07

Dpa i think that is a great solution.