Looking for developers for a bukkit/web project

Started by Towelie, May 27, 2014, 07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

May 27, 2014, 07:18 AM Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:47 PM by Towelie
We are looking for developers for an up-coming project.
We are interested in java and php developers. The java developers should have extensive bukkit knowledge.
If you are chosen, you will have to work as a team, with our current developers.
This will be a paid project. We are only interested in established developers, that have worked in the past or are working for a company and know java/php to perfection.
Please do not apply if you don't master java or php because otherwise we are not interested.
This will be a big project and hearing "I don't know how to do this" will not work for us.
If you are interested, you will have to prove your skills by showing us your portfolio or doing a project of our choosing pro bono before becoming a developer for sft. Details of the project will only be discussed after we choose you.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Yeah that's not gonna work, we need people with extensive bukkit knowledge.
Thank you very much for applying though :D

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Cleaned posts that weren't applications, edited the first post a bit

willhill2000

My dad my be able to help out a bit with this, He is experienced in Java and Web site building. So yeah, I don't know just pm me for more details I guess xD

AzGotSwag

i know a master this project but there are 2 problems:
1) She wants a lot of $$$ (YES A SHE!)
2) its like a 5% chance she will say yes

Brightpkz

Although I'm not good at tech, I hope you guys would step up and help your favorite server!C:

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

ColesyM

If someone wants me to look at source they have created in Java I am willing to. That doesn't guarantee I will give you feedback though, unless it showed expertise.

Jyncs

I put in my offer to help but was turned down.

If you are wanting an expert in Bukkit from this community I doubt you will find one.

Pretty much the feeling from you guys I get is the same I get from a lot of job recruiters. If you don't work in the language or a specific framework everyday then you are not going to be a good fit for this position. For those few recruiters that actually look past that and realize that programming is more about constantly learning instead of thinking that one person has supreme knowledge over a certain language they have gotten me 3 job offers in the past 6 months for languages and frameworks I don't work in everyday.

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on May 29, 2014, 12:52 PM

If you are wanting an expert in Bukkit from this community I doubt you will find one.

Pretty much the feeling from you guys I get is the same I get from a lot of job recruiters. If you don't work in the language or a specific framework everyday then you are not going to be a good fit for this position. For those few recruiters that actually look past that and realize that programming is more about constantly learning instead of thinking that one person has supreme knowledge over a certain language they have gotten me 3 job offers in the past 6 months for languages and frameworks I don't work in everyday.

Well for what we need, knowledge of the bukkit api is paramount. You have an impressive resume though.

willhill2000

Tow, Did you need anymore info on my post?

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on May 29, 2014, 03:53 PM
Quote from: Jyncs on May 29, 2014, 12:52 PM

Well for what we need, knowledge of the bukkit api is paramount. You have an impressive resume though.

Good luck.

Towelie

Quote from: willhill2000 on May 29, 2014, 04:32 PM
Like i said, we are looking for java devs with knowledge of the bukkit api.

Fractalion

Maybe you already have - I haven't looked - but I think the only way your going to find such a specific set of talents is by posting on the bukkit forums themselves.

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on May 29, 2014, 05:24 PM
Maybe you already have - I haven't looked - but I think the only way your going to find such a specific set of talents is by posting on the bukkit forums themselves.
Done that.

willhill2000

Quote from: Towelie on May 29, 2014, 05:21 PM
When I asked my dad, He did say he knows about bukkit api. I don't know if this will be any help however, Is this what your after??

Fractalion

Quote from: willhill2000 on May 29, 2014, 05:32 PM
When I asked my dad, He did say he knows about bukkit api. I don't know if this will be any help however, Is this what your after??

I think I can answer this one.

Knows of it, or has used it before?

Twitchzz_

May 30, 2014, 07:14 AM #16 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:20 AM by Twitchzz_
Yo, I can help out! last time, you where interested in my work for SFT,
but said I needed some more improvement.
Well, that's all I do now. So hmuu doey.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Twitchzz_ on May 30, 2014, 07:14 AM

Towelie

Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 30, 2014, 07:33 AM
Quote from: Twitchzz_ on May 30, 2014, 07:14 AM

^

Twitchzz_

k, have no idea why you'd post here.

message me if you become desperate.

Brightpkz

I think I could answer this,

Towelie posted this here to capture the community's attention, you never know if anyone is a developer in here. I'm pretty sure Towelie knows what he's doing.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

willhill2000

Quote from: Fractalion on May 30, 2014, 02:08 AM
Quote from: willhill2000 on May 29, 2014, 05:32 PM

I think I can answer this one.

Knows of it, or has used it before?
He knows of it and has used and and built with it before