Apr 27, 2024, 01:38 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Changing protection plugin for B-Team

Started by copen6199, May 30, 2014, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copen6199

May 30, 2014, 04:34 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:42 PM by copen6199
As of right now protections are done by players and a lot of players make mistakes with protections and end up getting griefed. What we are going to do is install a new plugin to have staff make protections for players. All your items will be protected just the same the only difference is staff will be able to track and manage protection better. This is going to make it a lot easier on staff to help players and be able to do things in the protections we can not do with grief prevention plugin. This is a notice to every one who plays on bteam to be prepared for this.
I will be recruiting extra staff to help with the large load of protection we will have to do at the start. We will also be doing a huge bcv run to clear all the inactive, griefed, unclaimed builds to reduced that number. We will also be recruiting jmods for the server to help. This being said please prepare your protections for this. We will not be protecting huge plots and we will not be protection open land.

The official date this will start will be announced in about 1 week

~ Copen

Dkx13

So All My Stuff With Still Be Protected During The Swap Over?

copen6199

Quote from: Dkx13 on May 30, 2014, 05:32 PM
So All My Stuff With Still Be Protected During The Swap Over?

Yes, But we will not be protecting huge griefprevention plots or empty land

Ploppet

What if we want to expand our claim eventually?

Obviously it isn't up to me, but I think leaving it up to players to make their own claims is a better way to do it. Players generally don't like feeling dependent on the admins for anything. If they can't figure it out, that is their own fault. Maybe just a different plugin?

How about Factions? It is extremely well known and easy to use. It has a ton of flexibility including heavy admin control. Just disable anything that would encourage or allow raiding?

Also, I like feeling rewarded for playing so long by being able to claim more. That really is the only reward for those of us who have spent over 200 hours on the server.

Thanks,
Fire_Feather

emm10

Quote from: Ploppet on May 30, 2014, 07:28 PM

Obviously it isn't up to me, but I think leaving it up to players to make their own claims is a better way to do it. Players generally don't like feeling dependent on the admins for anything. If they can't figure it out, that is their own fault. Maybe just a different plugin?

How about Factions? It is extremely well known and easy to use. It has a ton of flexibility including heavy admin control. Just disable anything that would encourage or allow raiding?

Also, I like feeling rewarded for playing so long by being able to claim more. That really is the only reward for those of us who have spent over 200 hours on the server.

Thanks,
Fire_Feather

I think that the protections will work like the survival server, so you'll still be able to expand claims, you'll just have to ask moderators to do it.

copen6199

Quote from: Ploppet on May 30, 2014, 07:28 PM

Thanks,
Fire_Feather

You can have 10 claims per world , a total of 4 building worlds. If you want to add on to your house, just ask for a staff member to expand it for you.

jimbob0102

Are You On The B-Team Server Copen?