Join us on the Official SFT Plug.dj channel!

Started by Karkafi, May 31, 2014, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karkafi

May 31, 2014, 12:55 PM Last Edit: Jun 01, 2014, 11:45 PM by Karkafi

Come join us to listen to some cool music while playing on your favorite server!!

Plug.DJ is amusic playing website where friends can join your lobby and listen to the music as well! You can set up your own playlist with your favourite songs and play them in front of all the people in the group! It's completely free and anyone can sign up!

So what are you waiting for?
Come join us on
www.sftmc.org/dj

How to change your Plug.dj background:

Towelie

I'll allow it. I like this as well as the radio.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: Towelie on May 31, 2014, 01:10 PM
I'll allow it. I like this as well as the radio.
then we can just as good trash the 2 years worked radio project and replace it with a 5 minutes developed radio

itsConnor_

SFT Radio's good and Plug DJ's good; I like Plug DJ as you you can take turns being DJ :)
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

GRIMI_

I've liked plug.dj for a while. Anyone can DJ so you get a wide variety of music tastes (usually). Also the voting "woot" and "meh" make sure the listeners only have to listen to songs they like! :)

HappyNem

Soooo,

I love music. I have been on the new plug in for about 10min, and I have to say, its simply amazing.  Being able to let ANYONE DJ and not just a few people is a great idea too, and the variety is nice.

+1 to Karkafi and who ever else had this great idea.  What are the draw backs?  Are there ADs at some point or a play limit?

I'm a fan.

Karkafi

Quote from: HappyNem on May 31, 2014, 07:03 PM
Soooo,

I love music. I have been on the new plug in for about 10min, and I have to say, its simply amazing.  Being able to let ANYONE DJ and not just a few people is a great idea too, and the variety is nice.

+1 to Karkafi and who ever else had this great idea.  What are the draw backs?  Are there ADs at some point or a play limit?

I'm a fan.

Glad you like it bud

No, there's no ads, unless they come from youtube (which can be stopped with Adblock) and no play limit. We've been going  going for 12 hours straight now (Not sure if I should be proud about that or not).

Only thing is, when there's no managers to monitor the channel, the waitlist will be locked, which means only DJ's can play music (I will do an "Apply for DJ" post soon).

hobodavid

Quote from: Karkafi on May 31, 2014, 11:41 PM
Soooo,

I'm a fan.

Glad you like it bud

No, there's no ads, unless they come from youtube (which can be stopped with Adblock) and no play limit. We've been going  going for 12 hours straight now (Not sure if I should be proud about that or not).

Only thing is, when there's no managers to monitor the channel, the waitlist will be locked, which means only DJ's can play music (I will do an "Apply for DJ" post soon).

So it's basically going to turn into another SFT Radio? I thought the point of this was "eveyone is a dj!". I use neither, but from someone on the outside, it seems like this is turning into another SFT Radio.

ChoctheMilkman

Towelie

Quote from: hobodavid on Jun 01, 2014, 03:48 AM
Quote from: Karkafi on May 31, 2014, 11:41 PM
Soooo,

I'm a fan.

Glad you like it bud

So it's basically going to turn into another SFT Radio? I thought the point of this was "eveyone is a dj!". I use neither, but from someone on the outside, it seems like this is turning into another SFT Radio.
The reason for this very simple room is that we don't want people playing offensive songs. However, there is a manager around almost always and otherwise there will be residential dj's - people that can play even when the list is closed (trustworthy players)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Loasty

Personally i love both sft radio and the new one, But i feel the other people have a bit more say in this one, as where the radio we dont even get to make requests because half the time they never look at the chat for it :l   But both are prefectly good and we can use both!  I dont see any issues with it
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

Dpa1991

I don't see the point in locking the DJ list since you can vote to skip if the song it's offensive or unpopular with the group. Has anyone checked if you can restrict songs to a certain length automatically?

mordalthunder

The Lovin Spoon

Karkafi

Didn't know you were the creative genius that created "apply for DJ" posts

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: Karkafi on Jun 01, 2014, 02:55 PM
no, but im the creative douchebag who made the radio and you told me that you werent going to rip it off by saying that everyone is a dj and everyone can play music. You're turning this into the same concept as mine and bogeys radio

Karkafi

Quote from: brE on Jun 01, 2014, 02:57 PM
no, but im the creative douchebag who made the radio and you told me that you werent going to rip it off by saying that everyone is a dj and everyone can play music. You're turning this into the same concept as mine and bogeys radio

We're not turning it into the same concept that you made at all. It's a totally different system. The only thing we need DJ's for is for the small time-frame where we don't have any managers to monitor the channel and to make sure there's music playing constantly. The rest of the time, it will be like it's supposed to be, a radio where everyone can DJ and play the music they like.

HappyNem

Quote from: brE on Jun 01, 2014, 02:57 PM

The new radio system is better than the SFT radio in every single way, stop being a jerk about it.  When the SFT radio was introduced again, I tried it a few time, but it sounded bad, iffy chat, has Ads, stuck listening to what the DJ wanted, and worst of all, it was never on.  I offered to be DJ so it would have more playing time and you told me none were needed at this time.  If your SFT radio concept was supposed to be like the new one, it failed.

This radio has fun written all over it.  The avatars, the chat, the ability to have the community play and skip music, no ads, great sound, and the videos are backed off of YouTube!  The interactive system of the new radio is what makes it so cool.

What is the advantage of the sft radio vs. this new one?  The old radio was a nice homebrew try at something, but the new one was made for this and it does it well.

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jun 01, 2014, 08:11 AM
I don't see the point in locking the DJ list since you can vote to skip if the song it's offensive or unpopular with the group. Has anyone checked if you can restrict songs to a certain length automatically?

Agreed with Dpa on this one, and to Towelie's point of offensive songs, there is also now the issues of offensive videos, and who defines them as offensive?  With the ability for the community to skip songs they don't like, or deem offensive, I don't think there is a reason to lock the dj list.

tman6698

Minecraft IGN: tman6698
Total uptime:1499
Favorite types of music: Indie, metal, rock, classical and jazz.
Will you show up everyday and play music? Yeah, Ive been on the radio for most of the days ive known about it! So yes ofcourse I would be playing music everyday!!

Karkafi

Quote from: HappyNem on Jun 01, 2014, 06:29 PM
Agreed with Dpa on this one, and to Towelie's point of offensive songs, there is also now the issues of offensive videos, and who defines them as offensive?  With the ability for the community to skip songs they don't like, or deem offensive, I don't think there is a reason to lock the dj list.

The community skip feature isn't really reliable since it has to be the majority of listeners that have to "meh" the song. (8 mehs out of 10 listeners for example). Since alot of people will be AFK, we can't garantee that offensive songs will be skipped. As for "what is defined as offensive" I'm pretty sure it will be easy to define them. Nazi/ other political groups propaganda, religious propaganda, songs mocking a certain religion (i.e "Jesus Christ is my *****) and all that bad stuff.

The Lovin Spoon

The new radio system is better than the SFT radio in every single way, stop being a jerk about it.  When the SFT radio was introduced again, I tried it a few time, but it sounded bad, iffy chat, has Ads, stuck listening to what the DJ wanted, and worst of all, it was never on.  I offered to be DJ so it would have more playing time and you told me none were needed at this time.  If your SFT radio concept was supposed to be like the new one, it failed.

This radio has fun written all over it.  The avatars, the chat, the ability to have the community play and skip music, no ads, great sound, and the videos are backed off of YouTube!  The interactive system of the new radio is what makes it so cool.

What is the advantage of the sft radio vs. this new one?  The old radio was a nice homebrew try at something, but the new one was made for this and it does it well.
because i made the radio and it's official, and who the fuck are you to mind my business

it doesnt matter if this one's better, he cant just fucking come and take my idea and make it his own and then call it official and steal my listeners

it would be the exact same if i opened up a server and advertised it here

badbrad01

Minecraft IGN: BADBRAD01
Total uptime:1991
Favorite types of music: pop/70 music
Will you show up everyday and play music? yes but i have exams coming up but ill try be on
Made By Miricx

Towelie

Quote from: brE on Jun 01, 2014, 06:50 PM

because i made the radio and it's official, and who the fuck are you to mind my business

it doesnt matter if this one's better, he cant just fucking come and take my idea and make it his own and then call it official and steal my listeners

it would be the exact same if i opened up a server and advertised it here
The PlugDJ page is official too.
How about we stop all this pointless bitching about who gets to be official and who doesn't.
Continue with SFT Radio if you want, or don't if you don't.
But this is getting to be ridiculous.

Towelie