Apr 27, 2024, 07:47 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Summary of what's going on on SFT

Started by Towelie, Jun 02, 2014, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

So, I'd like to list a few projects that we are working on (either Me/Dpa or the Developers):

- A new server (confidential at this time as it's too early to announce it. It's minecraft)
- Towns plugin (Colesy has implemented almost all of the big features, he still has some to implement and the plugin needs testing. I'd say it's in alpha. Don't expect it to happen in a few days, but it will happen).
- World2 Reset - We are waiting for 1.8 for that one. I know we said it would be reset in May, but that's when we thought 1.8 would be released. And for the reset, we need 1.8 because we need all the new chunk generation mechanics.
- A minigame server. stuart is working on this one, he can choose whether to give details or not. It's something new and original, not done by any other server to my knowledge
- Cookie Clicker update including trophy case and some competitive minigames (blackjack for cookies everyone?). Stuart can give an estimate release date for taht
- Dpa has started building Circletown v2. Not 100% what we're gonna do with that but a lot of people were nostalgic about it.
- Pixelmon updating to 1.7.2 and adding a new world (Rather than world reset).
- B-Team full reset (copen can give details about that)
- A TeamSpeak 3 server. Excon is setting it up and he's been pretty much begging me to look at it but I haven't had time lately. I'll try to one of these days though
- Miricx is working on a secret project too. It's a classic MMORPG server (And when i say classic i mean pixel art, 2d, and all that kind of stuff). He can give details if he wishes

Hope I didn't forget anything so yeah, there you go, we aren't inactive, we are still doing plenty of stuff, it just takes time and patience xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Darren64_NY

Happysheep102

beep16

GRIMI_

Many secret things! (although, they're not really secret now lol)

Fractalion

Tibia? I think that's the name of the game that Miricx has been wanting a server for forever. I remember it looking pretty interesting. If that's the MMORPG in question then I look forward to it!

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 02, 2014, 05:46 PM
Tibia? I think that's the name of the game that Miricx has been wanting a server for forever. I remember it looking pretty interesting. If that's the MMORPG in question then I look forward to it!
It sure is, it's taking shitloads of time to setup/code/map a tibia server to keep players entertained
also im working the whole summer, so don't expect it soon, sori

Tibia is though still a popular game when it comes to custom servers, so it will bring players to the community.

deeklz

Quote from: brE on Jun 02, 2014, 05:53 PM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 02, 2014, 05:46 PM
It sure is, it's taking shitloads of time to setup/code/map a tibia server to keep players entertained
also im working the whole summer, so don't expect it soon, sori

Tibia is though still a popular game when it comes to custom servers, so it will bring players to the community.

Huh, haven't seen it. Interested, though.

Green_Giant

Karkafi

I guess it's going to be a...

Superfunsummertime

tylerinator

YES TEAMSPEAK!!! I cant use skype with other people my parents dont know and the other day I downloaded teamspeak and I keep meaning to talk to them about teaspeak

ExconHD

Yea I'm waiting for towelie to say it's good to go first, probably going to have to wait till the weekend. I have sections set up for staff and it is completely locked down and secured chat rooms for all servers,  custom icons need some work but it's ready.

SkullzCrew

My guess on the secret new minecraft server is Towelie's Derpy Modpack. It could be something completely different. Who knows?

Towelie

Quote from: SkullzCrew on Jun 03, 2014, 06:36 AM
My guess on the secret new minecraft server is Towelie's Derpy Modpack. It could be something completely different. Who knows?
Nope. Wait and see, don't wanna give details.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

funkymonkey245

Today may seem cloudy and tomorrow not much better but you just gotta remember only you can clear the weather so whenever you're feeling down just keep your head up to the sun because at the end of the day there's always better days to come...

Fractalion

How robust will the towns plugin be?

Are we going to have a lot of control over the layout of our towns or are we going to be confined to a grid?

Will we be able to layer parts of the town vertically, or will people have to lay their towns out in such a way that houses are not able to overlap?

ItalianStallion

onionboys

Prison

Fractalion

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jun 03, 2014, 09:11 PM
Prison
Modpack including custom mods made by our development team and some new hires.

emm10

Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 03, 2014, 10:36 PM
Prison

Maybe it's a modded prison server. That would be cool, but I don't know for sure since I'm only a B-team moderator so I'm sorta out of the loop on these things.

SETHAWESOMEST

Quote from: emm10 on Jun 03, 2014, 11:02 PM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 03, 2014, 10:36 PM
Prison

Maybe it's a modded prison server. That would be cool, but I don't know for sure since I'm only a B-team moderator so I'm sorta out of the loop on these things.
Well whatever it will be, I bet it'll be one of the best yet! :laugh:

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 03, 2014, 07:57 PM
How robust will the towns plugin be?

Are we going to have a lot of control over the layout of our towns or are we going to be confined to a grid?

Will we be able to layer parts of the town vertically, or will people have to lay their towns out in such a way that houses are not able to overlap?
The town plugin is grid-based. However, you will have full control over who lives in your town, how much they get, etc.
Also, as the mayor, when you are online you get a comission of what the other players are doing in your town (mining/selling stuff at autoshops for now).

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 04, 2014, 06:43 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 03, 2014, 07:57 PM
The town plugin is grid-based. However, you will have full control over who lives in your town, how much they get, etc.
Also, as the mayor, when you are online you get a comission of what the other players are doing in your town (mining/selling stuff at autoshops for now).
So, for people who wish to have non-grid based towns, will they still be allowed to create a town in the same way that it is handled right now?

Cesspitsid