Apr 28, 2024, 09:29 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Agrarian Skies - Subscription based server!

Started by Dpa1991, Jun 21, 2014, 05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Jun 21, 2014, 05:32 AM Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014, 11:19 PM by Dpa1991
I've wanted to make this server for a while but I couldnt really do that because it requires a lot of manual work, every player who joins I have to setup their profile, spawn location, setup their island (make sure its not too close to someone elses etc.)

So with the new EULA/regulations and it being enforced I decided this is the perfect chance to show players what to expect from servers after the EULA gets enforced: Subscription based servers. Pay, or don't play at all. But don't worry, we won't do this on any other server -- our other servers will always be free to play, this server is more or less an example of what's to come.

Subscription costs:
1 month - 3.5 Eur
3 months  - 7.5 Eur
12 months - 15 Eur

Information on how to join the server:
Click Here

Extra Information:
I highly suggest you try this modpack in single player before jumping onto the server, this is a very hardcore unforgiving skyblock game. You start with 2 lives and once you lose those -- you get banned for week or you have to purchase a revive (manual delivery again, not much is automated here)

On a sidenote, staff members from any of our servers qualify for a free subscription, just post in the topic and I'll add you to the server. All staff are required to play on their own island.

Server rules, Staff rules and useful commands:
Server rules:
No griefing, No excessive swearing/swearing at other players and no advertising of anything

Staff rules:
You are allowed to visit other players islands as long as they give consent, but you are not allowed to bring players to staff island or bring items from Staff island to the players island.

Staff do not get their own island and have to share an island. If a staff member wants a private island they will have to donate like everyone else, and they can play on both islands but can not transfer items from one to the other. If your subscription lapses, you can only play on staff island.

Commands:
/tpahere <playername> - Requests the player to teleport to you, good for inviting people to your island

/tpa <playername> - Requests to teleport to the player

/warp help <#> - Lists info on creating and managing your warps the # being the page of commands

/home help - Lists info on managing your home

/rg addmember <id> <playername> - This adds people to your island protection, so they can play with you.

/rg removemember <id> <playername> - This removes people from your island protection. Your ID will be sent to you once your island is setup

MyToesAreBlue

itsConnor_

How long do you think this will be around for (only ask as you're offering 12 month subscriptions)?
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

JamMan5000

Looks really nice, I'll try it out once I get home

emm10

If I can get an island I would love to play on this. Also I can assume there will still staff members on this server to moderate the players, but will they be chosen from the main server, or all servers?

Dorritolicious

emm10

Also, do you have any extra information on how to get to this mod pack, for people like me that have never used FTB?

MyToesAreBlue

Quote from: emm10 on Jun 21, 2014, 09:46 PM
Also, do you have any extra information on how to get to this mod pack, for people like me that have never used FTB?

1. Go to http://www.feed-the-beast.com/
2. Download the launcher/client
3. Wait for all the mod packs to load
4. Scroll through to find the mod pack you wish to download
5. Let it download
6. Click the launch button

Dpa1991

If the server keeps players, I don't see any reason to close it. So thats up to you guys, I've played a bit of this modpack on my personal server and its actually really fun.

SETHAWESOMEST

Whenever you have a chance, could I be added Dap please ^-^

Chous

If gmod staff counts for this, add me. Summer has started and I have some time to play :)

Towelie

Quote from: Chaosgirasol on Jun 22, 2014, 07:51 AM
If gmod staff counts for this, add me. Summer has started and I have some time to play :)
Nope. Because I really don't appreciate your general attitude towards any sft projects.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

emm10

Quote from: MyToesAreBlue on Jun 21, 2014, 11:26 PM
Quote from: emm10 on Jun 21, 2014, 09:46 PM

1. Go to http://www.feed-the-beast.com/
2. Download the launcher/client
3. Wait for all the mod packs to load
4. Scroll through to find the mod pack you wish to download
5. Let it download
6. Click the launch button

Thanks, I'm sort of an idiot sometimes. xD

pimmerik

I feel so sad. Ever since I left the staff team the staff gets all kinds of perks. Like disguise and pet, and now this. Anyways, I won't whine too much. Seems like a fun server. Might try it out in singleplayer and if it seems fun I may buy a subscription.

emm10

Sorry that I keep asking questions, but when you play in Single Player, isn't a island supposed to spawn? Because I always spawn in an abyss.

robingoofy

Could you add me so I can play when I have some spare time.
My IGN: robingoofy

JamMan5000

Tried it out on singleplayer, it's absolutely brilliant I really recommend it, gonna be buying my subscription in a minute. It's accessible to those unfamiliar with all the mods too because there's a great quest system, and it gets you started easy. I would definitely say try it in singleplayer first so you get an idea of what to do before jumping in on the server though.

emm10

Oh ya, I forgot to give my IGN so I could play on the server. It's emm10

BattleAxium

Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Jun 22, 2014, 02:50 AM
Quote from: itsConnor_ on Jun 21, 2014, 09:47 AM
How long do you think this will be around for (only ask as you're offering 12 month subscriptions)?
It's probably going to be mostly filled with staff since they play for free while the rest of us have to pay.

Dpa1991

I have some rules I need to clarify on/commands you guys can use. I'll update the first post in a bit

Dpa1991

Jun 22, 2014, 09:02 PM #20 Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014, 09:34 PM by Dpa1991
JamMan5000's Island has been created, you can now access the server.

Emm10 and Chaosgirasol have been added to staff island, you need to be added to the party so try to catch me on skype when you can and I'll join and invite you.

burgermis

This definitely seems like something I would want to check out!
Can you please add me? My IGN is burgermis (same as forum name).

- Burgermis :3

Dpa1991

Jun 22, 2014, 11:22 PM #22 Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014, 11:30 PM by Dpa1991
Added SETHAWESOMEST, robingoofy and burgermis, message me to get on when you can to invite you to the staff party so you can share our questline/lifes.

MyToesAreBlue

You can automate the islands, you know.

UntrustedAlly

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 22, 2014, 05:19 PM
Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Jun 22, 2014, 02:50 AM
Quote from: itsConnor_ on Jun 21, 2014, 09:47 AM
It's probably going to be mostly filled with staff since they play for free while the rest of us have to pay.
Keep in mind, we all have to share one island. I'll probably end up buying my own island.

Also, please add me, Dpa :3
yeehaw