May 14, 2024, 09:39 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Pixelmon - 3.1 Test server

Started by Dpa1991, Jun 30, 2014, 01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Jun 30, 2014, 01:35 AM Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014, 02:19 AM by Dpa1991
I've created a temporary modpack and server for Pixelmon 3.1 You can find the Modpack Here. In the update a lot of stuff breaks, as you can see once you join the server.

Just about every modded block from the modpack will have been deleted due to the conversion of item ID's to names. This means a lot of your items will have vanished, all except vanilla items. Nothing I can do about this -- its not my fault so don't yell at me about it.

Permissions also does not work, this means I need to find a suitable replacement for PermissionsEX and convert our current permissions to the new plugin -- this will be a lot of work.

Tl;DR I think our best bet would be to reset the world, I can keep your pokemon, but the current world is just trashed with the new update as it removes all modded blocks from the world. Don't expect the live server to update any time soon either, Pixelmon v3.1 hardly even works.

If you pick an apricorn the server crashes. If you craft a pokeball on the anvil, the server crashes. Theres also countless bug reports of crashes caused by various tasks.

Example of the destruction: Whats left of the Training Arena

Stariieyed

I wished they had waited for something more stable instead of pushing an update, it seems they were getting pressured to so they rushed one, and the result is something buggy and hard to play.

Nubbun

Just to be clear the map reset would just be the map. Not money, pstats, ranks, mctop right?

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: magl2904 on Jun 30, 2014, 03:39 AM
Just to be clear the map reset would just be the map. Not money, pstats, ranks, mctop right?

Correct, only the map.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Stariieyed on Jun 30, 2014, 03:05 AM
I wished they had waited for something more stable instead of pushing an update, it seems they were getting pressured to so they rushed one, and the result is something buggy and hard to play.

They actually dedicated an entire month to beta testing and have selected a beta testing team, what they tested -- I don't know.

Nubbun

also got another question if the world resets... i would imagine a world reset would make us lose items in chests so can we go to /w2 and place some chests with our vanilla items (tools, armor, ores etc) in em and then when /w1 is reset we get to get our items back from /w2? :D

\(◎o◎)/

gigomartin

Jun 30, 2014, 11:45 AM #6 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014, 12:08 PM by gigomartin
hmm well idk about that i spended loads of time building and stuff so it would be a readl pain ;(

Post Merge: Jun 30, 2014, 11:53 AM

Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 30, 2014, 11:45 AM
hmm well idk about that i spended loads of time building and stuff so it would be a readl pain ;(
cant we just skip 3.1 to avoid this or will this results in just a delay and we have to do it later again :/
also some peops like me only builded things with vannilla items so if we would update cant we just update only world 2 or something?

Stariieyed

cant we just skip 3.1 to avoid this or will this results in just a delay and we have to do it later again :/
also some peops like me only builded things with vannilla items so if we would update cant we just update only world 2 or something?
Basically you're saying  to put up a broken map for your convenience? And as things are, dpa isn't pushing an update. Hes not going to update until he has something stable to put out. A lot of things are broke. He's working to fix them.

Dpa1991

We could possibly do Magls idea, but Im not sure how we would go about it. No promises yet, everythings still in planning.

I dont know why we lost the blocks for Carpenter and Chisel, I took preventive steps so I'm still looking into that. Pixelmon items are confirmed lost, theres nothing I can do about that. You're supposed to start with a fresh map so I assume this is their way to force users to use a 1.7 map vs a 1.6 map with incomplete spawns/biomes

gigomartin

Quote from: Stariieyed on Jun 30, 2014, 01:22 PM

Basically you're saying  to put up a broken map for your convenience? And as things are, dpa isn't pushing an update. Hes not going to update until he has something stable to put out. A lot of things are broke. He's working to fix them.
no ik thats also not what i mean cus rather no update then buggy like this :/

SnipeMasterShark

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jun 30, 2014, 04:22 AM
They actually dedicated an entire month to beta testing and have selected a beta testing team, what they tested -- I don't know.
It might be because its early in the morning for me, but i LoL'd so hard at that ^

Magl beat me to my first question*

How would stuff in enderchests be affected?

I have a few fossil blocks, would those disappear as well?

I hate to say it but i like the idea of a map reset, its waaay too crowded as it is. As long as my pokemon collection isnt touched (Personal opinion only)

Off topic question,  how many times can an HM be used as opposed to a tm? :3

Either way I support your decisons so far about this update Dpa, its much easier to go forward than to go back. I have waited this long, i can wait a little longer. I'm just curious how best to prepare.

Thanks,

~SnipeMasterShark

deeklz

Oi, I loved playing with the chisel and carpenter items. There goes like, 70% of my home. Blah.

Personally, I really prize my Pokemon the most, and my new shiny rank... but not too much about the map. You could reset the map for all I care - if I can keep my Pokemon and ranks and money, etc. this is all aces with me.

Sucks that a lot of the map is ruined, really. Oh, well. You can still build astounding things without chisel and carpenter items.

onionboys

Quote from: Deekota_ on Jun 30, 2014, 11:47 PM
Oi, I loved playing with the chisel and carpenter items. There goes like, 70% of my home. Blah.

Personally, I really prize my Pokemon the most, and my new shiny rank... but not too much about the map. You could reset the map for all I care - if I can keep my Pokemon and ranks and money, etc. this is all aces with me.

Sucks that a lot of the map is ruined, really. Oh, well. You can still build astounding things without chisel and carpenter items.
Pixemon doesnt revolve around you ;P

Stariieyed

Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 30, 2014, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Stariieyed on Jun 30, 2014, 01:22 PM

no ik thats also not what i mean cus rather no update then buggy like this :/

Quote from: gigomartinalso some peops like me only builded things with vannilla items so if we would update cant we just update only world 2 or something?
This is what I meant by a broken map. But, re-reading, I think I can answer better. He can't just update one world. The worlds will run on the same version, the original plan was to have a 2nd world with a new map on it, for resources that would get reset regularly to keep it fresh. But, dpa has to a full map reset due to how pixelmon updated things. Just a map reset tho, pokemon are fine.

tl;dr:
The server has to be updated. He can't only update one world.

Nubbun

Jul 01, 2014, 01:46 AM #14 Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014, 01:52 AM by magl2904
Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Jun 30, 2014, 01:59 PM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jun 30, 2014, 04:22 AM
It might be because its early in the morning for me, but i LoL'd so hard at that ^

Magl beat me to my first question*

How would stuff in enderchests be affected?

I have a few fossil blocks, would those disappear as well?

~SnipeMasterShark

If you get the pixeltest modpack you will see that fossils dissapear too and only vanilla stuff in enderchest stays (so Pixelmon items can't be saved in enderchest) :/

\(◎o◎)/

SnipeMasterShark

Quote from: magl2904 on Jul 01, 2014, 01:46 AM
If you get the pixeltest modpack you will see that fossils dissapear too and only vanilla stuff in enderchest stays (so Pixelmon items can't be saved in enderchest) :/

:o

Time for me to use my angry words. Doof deflarnit concarnit ALLL! I am sure this is somehow all communisms fault.

Guess that means its time to cash in :3

Thanks for testing that out magl, i was too lazy to de it meself.
On the +'s side yay i might actually get a piece of land not at level 6 to myself.

As i tell all of my chums, Keep it sharky out there.

~SnipeMasterShark

Loasty

I know when we had the first idea of the whole world reset at the beginning and it was decided to do multiworlds; Well is it possible to do the idea of two different servers using a sever link?  or would that not work because they are two different versions?
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

deeklz

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jul 01, 2014, 01:28 AM
Quote from: Deekota_ on Jun 30, 2014, 11:47 PM

Pixemon doesnt revolve around you ;P

Never said it did. You didn't have to be so rude to someone who was simply stating their opinion on the matter.