May 05, 2024, 05:32 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Pixelmon - Information on the update

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 03, 2014, 05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on the status of the update. I seem to have the new client almost done and the server seems fairly stable but I hear there are still some crash issues so I'm going to wait a bit to see if theres any mention of a hotfix being released. The update to 3.1.1 does not offer any new content to the Pixelmon mod so I am in no rush to push this update. This update is just a port to 1.7.2 and adds some new cries and animations to pokemon -- no real content.

When we update to the 1.7.2 branch of Minecraft this will break the world we currently use, and all of your modded items/blocks will more than likely be destroyed in the process. So what this means is on the update, I'll add a new world for first-joins to join, and move the current world to a secondary world to allow you guys to salvage whatever survives the update and in ~1 month I'll go ahead and delete the old world and replace it with another building world.

I tried my best to prevent a map reset, but ultimately there just isn't anything I can do to stop it. Once we're on the 1.7.2 branch of forge there won't be any point in keeping an already full, destroyed world.  So hurry up and use your Rare candies and masterballs, because after the update you will lose them.

I'll also be looking into re-adding WonderTrade on 1.7.2 as it seems to have received a lot of updates and bug fixes. But don't hold me to that

Donators - you don't need to worry, we'll work something out for you, but we won't be refunding/re-issuing items from donations any older than a ~week from the reset date more than likely as you would have already used the items.

AidenBwah

Thanks for the update! :) I'm okay with this.

SnipeMasterShark

Thanks Dpa, more than fair and I support this. Also thanks for the heads up so that we can prepare.

~SnipeMasterShark

emm10

I don't know if you're already going to do this, but could you make an announcement or countdown really close to before the update? That way we know how much time we have to use up our rare candies and TMs?

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chrisuv

Once all this get's implemented and occurs, You may just see my around.

Barbacue2

invisiblecrush1

we will still keep our Pokemon,correct?

Nubbun

Quote from: invisiblecrush1 on Jul 03, 2014, 04:45 PM
we will still keep our Pokemon,correct?
I'm pretty sure pokemons are kept since dpa mentioned in another post that it's only Pixelmon items and the world that would disappear or reset.
not ranks, money or pokemons :3

\(◎o◎)/

graven2603

Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

ItalianStallion

Okay, I just got on and I'm a white rank.. what happend? I want my master rank back from when before I was JMOD on Pixelmon.. I cannot use ./pstats either..

Dpa1991

Pokemon, MCMMO stats, iConomy money (Something should be done with the iConomy money, some players have a lot due to glitches/exploits) Will be fine. I might have to wipe out player.dats as it seems theres a glitch where when you move around worlds it corrupts the profile and prevents the user from signing on.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on Jul 03, 2014, 09:46 PM
Okay, I just got on and I'm a white rank.. what happend? I want my master rank back from when before I was JMOD on Pixelmon.. I cannot use ./pstats either..

Next time either contact me personally or make a topic in the appropriate area, this topic doesn't have anything to do with what you posted. It should be fixed now

DeltaCosmic

I can't wait for this I want to see a new world for sft I'm sick of looking at this nuked world a (kinda) fresh new world sounds awesome. I am really glad I get to keep my pokemon they have a lot of work and sentimental(did I spell that right?) value. I would play more and not get bored quickl XD

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary