Apr 27, 2024, 06:49 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Test Phase] Mob Catcher

Started by Towelie, Aug 16, 2014, 05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Aug 16, 2014, 05:43 AM Last Edit: Aug 16, 2014, 05:56 AM by Towelie
On Survival, you can now catch Mobs (just like pokemon :P)
NOTE: The plugin is in test phase and it may get removed/altered if it causes problems

To catch a mob, throw a chicken egg at any aggresive/farm animal. It will cost 5k / farm animal and 10k / aggresive mob to catch and the catch chance is at 50% (but you get charged only when you actually catch the mob).

Some mobs (enderdragon, wither, blaze, ghast, villager, creeper) were disabled to fix any potential griefing issues.
I have tested and you cannot catch people's pets so that's good.

Enjoy!
Everyone has the permission to catch farm mobs but only  people that purchased the permission can capture aggresive mobs.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

balistic_skills

great addition to the server hope it turns out to be great!

Lazy_0ne

This looks awesome! Can't wait to try :)

Towelie

PS: If you donate for this and it gets removed for any reason (even though after extensive testing there doesn't seem to be any problems with it) we will reach an amiable sollution which we guarantee you will like (giving users that donated for this something from the donator shop of a similar value and so on).

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

balistic_skills

Quote from: Towelie on Aug 16, 2014, 06:16 AM
PS: If you donate for this and it gets removed for any reason (even though after extensive testing there doesn't seem to be any problems with it) we will reach an amiable sollution which we guarantee you will like (giving users that donated for this something from the donator shop of a similar value and so on).
solution* :P

Adam_Sawg

Aug 16, 2014, 06:47 AM #5 Last Edit: Aug 16, 2014, 11:50 AM by Adam_Sawg
my dream came true! now to make a spawn egg shop!

Post Merge: Aug 16, 2014, 11:50 AM

you guys better not remove it, i finally started a business making major profit =-)

Long Goner

Thanks for re-adding dis Towelie :)

Adam_Sawg

Quote from: Long Goner on Aug 16, 2014, 03:33 PM

wait... RE-ADD?!! woah, i didnt know that.... thx for re-adding i guess..... but tow, for the creepers and blazes, is it true the forever banned to capture them? even thought i donated for capturing the aggressive mobs?

Post Merge: Aug 16, 2014, 05:07 PM

btw, can you change the 50% --)65%? i kept getting fail when i try getting skeletons and spiders and zombies...

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Aug 16, 2014, 05:07 PM
Quote from: Long Goner on Aug 16, 2014, 03:33 PM

wait... RE-ADD?!! woah, i didnt know that.... thx for re-adding i guess..... but tow, for the creepers and blazes, is it true the forever banned to capture them? even thought i donated for capturing the aggressive mobs?

Post Merge: Aug 16, 2014, 05:07 PM

btw, can you change the 50% --)65%? i kept getting fail when i try getting skeletons and spiders and zombies...
Yes, they are banned for obvious reasons (as i said in the first post).
And I believe the chance is good where it's at.

TheGoldenKibby

In 1.8, you can change the type of spawner by right clicking it with a spawn egg.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Aug 16, 2014, 08:30 PM
In 1.8, you can change the type of spawner by right clicking it with a spawn egg.
Can disable that easily

DarkTrainer45

So im assuming that this plugin is glitching now because i cant catch anything and ryan_m004 is having the same problem

Cexzo

Out of curiosity. Things like these and Steve Co Crates, backpacks and all why are they not on Pixelmon? It'd be really nice to see some new additions.

ryan_m004

Quote from: DarkTrainer45 on Aug 17, 2014, 02:13 AM
So im assuming that this plugin is glitching now because i cant catch anything and ryan_m004 is having the same problem
Yes me and dark trainer are experiencing problems catching mobs
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Adam_Sawg

well if you tried the first time and you got a fail, you cant capture that mob again, no matter how long you try and how many eggs you throw, its 1 chance per mob cause if you can try again, then i cant imagine every person in sft has chets full of eggs, like 20-30 chests... just wow

Towelie

I did see some errors from it, however it worked fine for me. Is anyone else encountering problems with it?

Adam_Sawg

no errors tow, but seriously i wasted a chest full of eggs to catch mobs, all fail.... this doesnt look like a 50% fail, more like a 99%

ryan_m004

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Aug 17, 2014, 10:06 AM
no errors tow, but seriously i wasted a chest full of eggs to catch mobs, all fail.... this doesnt look like a 50% fail, more like a 99%
Exactly. When this was added it worked but over the day it has been failing every time. I have not caught any mobs
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Towelie

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Aug 17, 2014, 10:24 AM
Exactly. When this was added it worked but over the day it has been failing every time. I have not caught any mobs
In my experience, I catch mobs from ~2-3 throws.
I really don't know, can you tell me what mobs you were trying to catch? and maybe a screenshot of the messages.

Adam_Sawg

Quote from: Towelie on Aug 17, 2014, 10:46 AM
I really don't know, can you tell me what mobs you were trying to catch? and maybe a screenshot of the messages.
chickens/squids/pig/cow/sheep/skeletons/zombies/creepers/memga cubes /zombie pigmen/slimes

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Aug 17, 2014, 12:49 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Aug 17, 2014, 10:46 AM
chickens/squids/pig/cow/sheep/skeletons/zombies/creepers/memga cubes /zombie pigmen/slimes
Weird. I really don't know how to fix since it's not broken for me and other people

Adam_Sawg

tow, wana hear something weirder? only staff members can catch and not fail... 0% fail.... while we can't

but PLZ dont remove this plugin! i love it and i started to get $$$... lots of $$$

balistic_skills

tow, it currently isn't working, and i can't catch any farm animals.

Towelie

That doesn't make sense at all.
Staff members don't have any special permissions.
I have now set the capture chance to 100% let me know if you can catch them now

Towelie

If it still doesn't work I have one more thing i can try but please let me know