[Computers] Windows 7 support ends January, 2015

Started by The Lovin Spoon, Aug 30, 2014, 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: Times of IndiaMicrosoft is warning customers that the end is soon coming for Windows 7 in much the same way it came for Windows XP earlier this year. The company will end free mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but users will continue to get security updates till 2020.

The move will mostly affect consumers. Businesses that pay for extended Windows 7 support, as most of them do, will be supported for another five years, until January 14, 2020.

That's important, because many businesses are right now are in the process of upgrading their old Windows XP PCs, but they're moving to Windows 7, not Windows 8.

Happysheep102

Microsoft are making rubbish decisions at the moment...

Windows 7 is extremely popular and people don't have the money to update to windows 8 or don't want to because they don't like the design, this is a terrible decision.

tylerinator

Quote from: happysheep102 on Aug 30, 2014, 09:33 AM
Microsoft are making rubbish decisions at the moment...

Windows 7 is extremely popular and people don't have the money to update to windows 8 or don't want to because they don't like the design, this is a terrible decision.

Kray0ns

i doubt this is true. if it is true. then i guess whatever anti virus i can get will protect me... and not downloading anything.

Demonyte