Apr 27, 2024, 01:11 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Regarding the recent wave of posts

Started by Towelie, Sep 03, 2014, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

RecentlyI have seen a wave of posts from people trying to improve the community and resolve certain problems theyare noticing.
For example, the "girls get unfair advantages" post the "Let's be nice to each other" post, and the "Don't flamebait" post.

These posts are really good topics and commendable but I am afraid that by spamming our forums with such posts has little to no effect.
I don't want to insult any of you who made these posts and I don't want to upset you / cause you to leave, but the contrary.
However, I don't like that these posts are used for either forum post count boosting or trying to impress people.

What I ask instead, rather than opening 1000 posts that are common sense, report to me or staff members any offending facts along with proof and it will have 100 times more effect than just a post on the forum.

Also, I would like to condemn the manner in which everyone is just posting "Yes, very good post, awesome idea" and instead I am asking you to not just routinely post a phrase but instead try to get involved in these posts, tell us what you understand from them, what you think would make it better and so on.
Having 100 responses that are all saying "good idea" won't help anyone but having 100 people contributing to fixing a problem is bound to give one good result.

I feel like I had to make this topic to adress this in a sensitive manner. I didn't want to but it had to be adressed.

Another thing I'd like to adress, are the 'I'm leaving" post. Those bring nothing but drama and lower the morale. Either make the posts less dramatic ("I'm leaving, I'm sorry it has to end" etc is an example of drama), or if something made you leave, tell us so we can fix it.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Cesspitsid

okay, got it!

(not routine post, just don't know what else to say)

RallyReaper

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 03, 2014, 05:23 PM
For example, the "girls get unfair advantages"

I think it's just cause people act weird when they know theirs a girl behind the character... It's not that they are getting unfair advantages... it's just that people don't know how to treat them, they wanna be treated like anyone else on SFT and not like "OMG! IT'S A GIRL! :OOOOO" cause that's just kinda disrespectful in my opinion.

nyllekFTW

Quote from: rallyreaper on Sep 03, 2014, 05:57 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Sep 03, 2014, 05:23 PM
For example, the "girls get unfair advantages"

I think it's just cause people act weird when they know theirs a girl behind the character... It's not that they are getting unfair advantages... it's just that people don't know how to treat them, they wanna be treated like anyone else on SFT and not like "OMG! IT'S A GIRL! :OOOOO" cause that's just kinda disrespectful in my opinion.
Honestly, I think rally is right. Minecraft, like many hobbies is (not imo) considered a "boys" hobby. I have seen many players of various hobbies I have get all weird when there is a girl doing the same thing as them, because girls are normally not doing it.

Towelie

We were'nt debating the subjects, we are debating the threads that were posted.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

DeleriousLemon

I completely understand. I waited a few weeks to post mine. I thought it through, trying to figure out if it was worthy of posting. Next time I have something like this running through my head, I'll make sure to message you. Thank you Towelie. :)

lioneatszebra

This should put an end to the "what do you know and think of the person above" thread which has become a post boost. Literally most of the answers just say the rank. Post boosting imo.

On another note:
Great post Towelie. Well needed. ;)
brb, living offline

Cireshie

I was saying this before how some of them were not needed and were common sense. Some of these posts might be necessary, but some aren't needed.

onionboys

They are used more for the forum ratings and forum posts then the actual purpose of the topic