Apr 27, 2024, 02:50 PM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

World2 Reset

Started by Towelie, Sep 06, 2014, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Seing as it looks like we are stuck on this version (1.7.10 /w 1.8 compat) for at least a few months, we will wait one more week, and if there are still no developments to the whole bukkit/spigot situation, we will do the world reset, only after I discuss with Managers+ and see how they think abuot it.

What does this bukkit/spigot situation mean for SFT? Quite probably we will be stuck on the current version for a loong time (months), until this is resolved or until someone comes out with an alternative project to Bukkit/Spigot.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

supermee3

Even if we are going to be stuck on 1.7.10 for a long time, I won't stop playing! I have waited for almost a year for 1.8 so I have no problem with waiting a few months more!

Godswarpawn

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't that excited for 1.8. Sure there was new stuff, but that's just it. I wasn't really hyped up about it.

Qwerty102964

Quote from: Godswarpawn on Sep 06, 2014, 06:30 PM
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't that excited for 1.8. Sure there was new stuff, but that's just it. I wasn't really hyped up about it.

Agreed. New biomes? I'd be pretty excited. This? Meh.

1.8 is fun and all, but honestly it's more fun in single player where you can just mess around with world settings. xD

diggydogck

It's not a big deal. Besides... I knew something was wrong with Minecraft when I saw they had added Rabbits.

emm10

Quote from: diggydogck on Sep 06, 2014, 07:04 PM
It's not a big deal. Besides... I knew something was wrong with Minecraft when I saw they had added Rabbits.
Don't you dis rabbits again.

ddude_stnom

As said above, I don't mind waiting longer for the 1.8 update. 1.7.10 still is quite interesting compared to what it used to be, and at least we can all  still play minecraft. xD

Chinwonder2

This is great news but what happens when 1.8 eventually comes out. You can't reset the world again :S

-Chin 8)
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

onionboys

Quote from: chinwonder on Sep 06, 2014, 10:04 PM
This is great news but what happens when 1.8 eventually comes out. You can't reset the world again :S

-Chin 8)
Were going to have to arent we? For the ocean temples. Unless Towelie extends border when 1.8 comes out

funkymonkey245

Haha, Diggy xD
But yeah, its no problem really as it was pretty obvious something like this was gonna happen due to how long we've been waiting for the update & all the stuff thats been happening the past few weeks.
Today may seem cloudy and tomorrow not much better but you just gotta remember only you can clear the weather so whenever you're feeling down just keep your head up to the sun because at the end of the day there's always better days to come...

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: onionboyzz on Sep 06, 2014, 10:51 PM

-Chin 8)
Were going to have to arent we? For the ocean temples. Unless Towelie extends border when 1.8 comes out
Think there was other reasons to rest a world for 2.8 rather than just getting some temples lol

But I guess if this ain't resolved quickly chances are w1 would be showing some wear by the time we can.

Drag0nz69

Quote from: emm10 on Sep 06, 2014, 07:58 PM
Quote from: diggydogck on Sep 06, 2014, 07:04 PM
Don't you dis rabbits again.

"Be vewy vewy qwiet. I'm hunting wabbits!"   - I have little doubt SFT will find a way to stay awesome.

ExBlooD

I dont mind waiting, I don't even know what 1,8 brings. I just enjoy play with all the awesome peoples on SFT!! <3 :cake:

onionboys

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Sep 07, 2014, 08:31 AM
Quote from: onionboyzz on Sep 06, 2014, 10:51 PM

-Chin 8)
Think there was other reasons to rest a world for 2.8 rather than just getting some temples lol

But I guess if this ain't resolved quickly chances are w1 would be showing some wear by the time we can.
Like what ;P

Adam_Sawg

im so excited for 1.8, i mean: Rabbits =D ! armor stands  8) ! and best of all, we can get sponge in survival! but idk how to get dry sponge instead of wet  :-[

The world2 reset is a good idea, i can wait for a couple of months... the only reason i can wait is school... i cant even join sft for hours!...

King_Craftius

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Sep 07, 2014, 04:52 PM
im so excited for 1.8, i mean: Rabbits =D ! armor stands  8) ! and best of all, we can get sponge in survival! but idk how to get dry sponge instead of wet  :-[

The world2 reset is a good idea, i can wait for a couple of months... the only reason i can wait is school... i cant even join sft for hours!...

cook a wet sponge in a furnace to get a normal sponge

Limax007

Well, I certainly won't stop playing but what I can tell you that my 10 years old son who's also playing on SFT and his buddies already migrated, as they are not hardcore players and they seem to be drawn towards new shiny things they simply left.
   All in all I would say that the server will not loose to many donating players but it will certainly loose voting players.

DuaneandBrand0

Quote from: Godswarpawn on Sep 06, 2014, 06:30 PM
This