Upcoming Improvements to our Unturned Server

Started by Towelie, Sep 10, 2014, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

ColesyM is currently working on an antigriefing sollution for our Unturned server.
Once that's ready we should finally be able to run an open server and might even be able to turn it into PvP. (But a form of Limited PvP where raiding will not be possible).

In the middle of all the Mojang DMCA drama (and Mojang being bought by Microsoft roumors), we are trying to focus on our other (smaller) server which in my opinion has a lot of potential - Unturned.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

happypinecones

Good luck colesy, this does indeed have potential!

diggydogck

That'll be great! Although I'm not so thrilled about the PvP being enabled. Unless there was a way to keep our experience points and our inventory, then that'd be nice. But that does defeat the purpose of PvP I understand. Either way, I'm looking foward to what the SFT Unturned server has in store for us!

Towelie

Quote from: diggydogck on Sep 11, 2014, 03:28 AM
That'll be great! Although I'm not so thrilled about the PvP being enabled. Unless there was a way to keep our experience points and our inventory, then that'd be nice. But that does defeat the purpose of PvP I understand. Either way, I'm looking foward to what the SFT Unturned server has in store for us!
I'm not either but things get boring fast on Unturned without some good old fashioned PvP.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Cesspitsid

well, unturned right now does have a lot of potential seeing as soon as 3.0 comes out, I'm hoping unturned will gets it's own Unique multiplayer map.

as for PVP, maybe design a plugin where a certain town maybe like the military base and round about it is a PVP area, so PVP automatically sets on that zone. (if not possible at the moment, hopefully nelson sexton does something about manually turning PVP and PVE on and off during gameplay)

If SFT needs a unique map come 3.0 I would love to see a competition of who can make the best map.

Adam_Sawg

Sep 11, 2014, 04:16 PM #6 Last Edit: Sep 12, 2014, 06:27 AM by Adam_Sawg
No pvp! its so hard to survive! thx to Fear, i have a base to live in, but can you imagine spawn killing?! cant survive 1 day by yourself? thx to people killing you everywhere, and no 1 to trust?

Post Merge: Sep 12, 2014, 06:27 AM

The lag in the server is the prob, no loot spawning and no zombies killing, (NOT MOVING), and you cant loot your own chests, and you cant suicide... not add pvp to ruin people's chance to survive 1 day...