Apr 27, 2024, 06:05 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Recruiting Developers

Started by Towelie, Sep 12, 2014, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Are you an experienced developer? Do you want to work for SFT for no money but a lot of fame? We have a job for you!
Requirements: Be an actual developer and not someone who just touched java once and thinks they are experts at it.

Register your interest here. You will be given a task to complete to proove that you are worthy of this mighty unpaid job. Then you will give us what you coded INCLUDING THE SOURCE CODE and we will get an older dev to check it out.

Benefits:
- Glory and hail
- A shiny Developer rank, but ONLY AFTER YOU CODED PLUGINS FOR SFT FOR A FEW MONTHS. IN THE BEGINNING IT WILL BE JUST A PREFIX WITH NO POWERS
- The chance to be annoyed by Towelie with his strange requests and constant annoyance "IS THE PLUGIN READY YET? IS IT READY YET? IS IT? IS IT?"

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time and our time if you don't know java really well. We are not interested in new developers or bad developers. With all the shiny benefits above, we get to pick only the elite.

REMEMBER: The #1 BENEFIT - NO PAY! YOU WILL NOT GET PAID! IS THAT AWESOME OR WHAT?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

mordalthunder

I really like the no pay thing, it really improved my production when ever i'm making something new

Towelie

Quote from: mordalthunder on Sep 12, 2014, 04:48 PM
I really like the no pay thing, it really improved my production when ever i'm making something new
Thank you for vouching for me. I knew my "out of the box" approach of things (eliminating the monetary element) would double production and help developers come up with unique ideas which are a lot better than if they would have been altered by potential monetary gains

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

BattleAxium

krankenstein20

good idea towelie its a shamethat im only 12 and cant code i can make a basic website thats it  :(

Happysheep102

Made hacks before, really funny, useless here doh :P

Meh, not professional though, just a hobby :P (Learning too professionally as i want to be a coder as a job!)

darknuju

I have been programming Java for a little more than a year now and from the beginning wanted to develop bukkit plugins so I have pretty much worked with bukkit since I started and have developed a few plugins for me and my friends to play around with, the plugins consisted features such as:

-Riding on other players

-Adding block breaking effects when a player moves

-Calling tnt to blow someone up

-Making blocks break instantly when hit with a diamond pick (including a feature if you shift and puch with a diamond pick it removes a 3x3 area based on what face of the block you hit)

-A tool to copy and paste materials

-The ablity to speak for other players (pretty much the /sudo command from essentials)

-The ability to place a block on ones head

So yeah that pretty much sums it up I have been getting bored of just programming useless stuff for myself I want to make things people will use that actually contributes towards something.  :)

The Lovin Spoon

I know how to code a cmd to say hi with C#.

hobodavid

I made Blackjack in JustBasic two years ago. When do I start?

Towelie

Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Sep 12, 2014, 07:45 PM
Will this at least count as service hours for my highschool volunteer hour requirements?
Nope.
We validate parking though. On the moon.

hobodavid

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 12, 2014, 07:51 PM
Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Sep 12, 2014, 07:45 PM
Will this at least count as service hours for my highschool volunteer hour requirements?
Nope.
We validate parking though. On the moon.
Damn I need hours to get into NHS.

Barbacue2

I took Tech ed in my school for half a year.  Go ahead and give me the rank whenever you want

IamHerrow

This is not ment for me sadly oh well, enjoy and good luck to those who are more qualified than I.

R1mP3x

Learning Java at AS level currently. Can I make an appointment for next July?

Karkafi

If you're willing to pay for it I'm down to minor in programming in college. 100% worth it

tree43

I know a pretty good amount of java and have created multiple mods and yeah. Would love to do this since i have no other projects to do with java since i dont have any mod ideas at the moment so yeah......Hope you consider me!

Towelie

Quote from: rocketboy334 on Sep 13, 2014, 12:21 AM
I know a pretty good amount of java and have created multiple mods and yeah. Would love to do this since i have no other projects to do with java since i dont have any mod ideas at the moment so yeah......Hope you consider me!
Send me a forum PM and show me your portfolio.