May 22, 2024, 11:23 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Internet] YouTube personality Sam Pepper in trouble after "Ass-pinching prank"

Started by The Lovin Spoon, Sep 22, 2014, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lovin Spoon

The ex-Big Brother housemate has caused controversy after he uploaded a prank video called "Fake Hand A** Pinch Prank".
The video shows Sam, who has over 2 million subscribers on YouTube, asking random females on a street for directions to a shop.
The 25-year-old wears a hoodie with his sleeve tucked into his pocket, while his arm actually roams free beneath the jumper.
After approaching random girls, Sam squeezed their bums – before blaming it on innocent bystanders.

Video Removed 17:00, September 22 by YouTube

nyllekFTW

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Lazy_0ne

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 22, 2014, 04:21 PM
people these days overreact to everything.
So you're saying it's okay that some guy is pinching girl's butts if it's "just a prank"?

The Lovin Spoon

rens0wntnoob

Kyle_Boardman

It's difficult to not see where people are coming from, sexual harassment isn't funny...

Towelie

Quote from: Lazy_0ne on Sep 22, 2014, 05:04 PM
So you're saying it's okay that some guy is pinching girl's butts if it's "just a prank"?
I'm saying that if it was a girl pinching a guy's butt people wouldn't see it as sexual harassment but as "just a prank".

#EqualRights

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

ExconHD

Lazy_0ne

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 22, 2014, 05:24 PM
Quote from: Lazy_0ne on Sep 22, 2014, 05:04 PM
I'm saying that if it was a girl pinching a guy's butt people wouldn't see it as sexual harassment but as "just a prank".

#EqualRights
If a girl did it to a guy I'm sure they would react differently, but that didn't happen. The girls in the video were still being sexually harassed and obviously did not want to be touched. Nobody wants to be sexually harassed, so can we all come to an agreeance that it isn't okay ever?

Towelie

I didn't see that video before commenting. I have no idea if it was an one time thing (touching one girl) or a group thing or whether he knew those girls beforehand.
If indeed he did grope them without their consent then yes, it is sexual harassment and illegal
My problem is not with the act but with the wave of hypocrism this creates from discussiosn between people that weren't involved.

Towelie

What I am trying to say is that I am sick and tired of people using sexism as an excuse to promote their own f**ed up personal agenda or trying to get famous off it (see Anita Sarkeesian)

Kyle_Boardman

Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Sep 22, 2014, 05:28 PM
I see where people are coming from from both sides of the fence. I mean, yeah it's not right to "sexually harass" people. But come on, it's not like he physically abused them and anybody got hurt.

I think the whole thing is just silly.
No one was physically hurt no, but what's to say that the women that weren't inclided in the final cut (of course there are some women that didn't react how Sam wanted and therefore didn't make the cut) didn't feel saddened on an emotional level? Sexual harassment, and that's what this was, is illegal and shouldn't be seen lightly. Normalising sexual harassment is not appropriate, no matter how funny some people thought it was

Post Merge: Sep 22, 2014, 05:59 PM

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 22, 2014, 05:55 PM
What I am trying to say is that I am sick and tired of people using sexism as an excuse to promote their own f**ed up personal agenda or trying to get famous off it (see Anita Sarkeesian)
What about being morally opposed to sexual harassment is promoting an agenda other than being a decent person?

Lazy_0ne

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 22, 2014, 05:53 PM
I didn't see that video before commenting. I have no idea if it was an one time thing (touching one girl) or a group thing or whether he knew those girls beforehand.
If indeed he did grope them without their consent then yes, it is sexual harassment and illegal
My problem is not with the act but with the wave of hypocrism this creates from discussiosn between people that weren't involved.
He did the prank to at least 5 different girls, and I didn't even watch the whole video. Most all the girls looked extremely uncomfortable and the first one he did it to said "I don't like that". I'm glad people are standing up for this because it's really fucked up tbh.

Towelie

Quote from: Kyle_Boardman on Sep 22, 2014, 05:58 PM
What about being morally opposed to sexual harassment is promoting an agenda other than being a decent person?
I wasn't talking about people who's sole interest is being a decent person. I was talking about certain other persons that use this to their advantage

Tombo_

Weather a male did it to s female or a female did it to a male, it is wrong. Sure people can see it as a prank but sexually harassing people and then posting it on the Internet in my opinion is just wrong. I'm glad to see YouTube has removed the video and hopefully gives some kind of punishment for creating the video.

gollumsmate

Just going to post here that he made two other videos after this one, give them a watch and they will partly explain what this was all about, you'll see that this was exactly the type of debate that he was aiming to spark and draw attention to.