May 06, 2024, 07:11 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Slimefun Update

Started by Towelie, Sep 30, 2014, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Sep 30, 2014, 02:52 PM Last Edit: Sep 30, 2014, 02:56 PM by Towelie
I've been talking to the Slimefun author and he fixed several bugs I reported (he's a cool guy).

- Fixed wood not being taken when crafting Grandma/Grandpa's stick (And re-added the possibility to craft the stick)
- Fixed wool not being taken when crafting Cloth
- Multitool now works and will be added into the game
- Added more tiers of jetpacks to the game

Changes will be effective on the next server restart (Couple of hours from now)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, type /sf guide in-game or say the word "slimefun" in-game for a link to the wiki

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Lansdiinio

Awesome! Loving Slimefun so far! Currently making a guide for newer players ;)

ExBlooD

There is also a glitch/dupe when you make iron ore to irondust you get 2 iron dust. And then you can make 1 iron dust to 1 iron ingot. So you get 2 iron ingot out of 1 iron ore.

Towelie

Quote from: ExBloooD on Sep 30, 2014, 03:03 PM
There is also a glitch/dupe when you make iron ore to irondust you get 2 iron dust. And then you can make 1 iron dust to 1 iron ingot. So you get 2 iron ingot out of 1 iron ore.
Not really a dupe or glitch, intended mechanics.
He's working on a config option for that too so servers like ours that are focused on economy cna tweak.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

ExBlooD

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 30, 2014, 03:10 PM
Quote from: ExBloooD on Sep 30, 2014, 03:03 PM
Not really a dupe or glitch, intended mechanics.
He's working on a config option for that too so servers like ours that are focused on economy cna tweak.

Okay :)

Adam_Sawg

so tow, is this still for vet+ or what? since vet+ can "place" machines.

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Sep 30, 2014, 03:15 PM
Vet+ can place machines, yes, but that doesn't mean you can't use someone esle's machiebns. If it's such a big problem we can add some machienes that contain pistons/dispensers at spawn.

Cesspitsid

Quote from: Lansdiinio on Sep 30, 2014, 03:01 PM
Awesome! Loving Slimefun so far! Currently making a guide for newer players ;)

Lovin' it too
I've already made a guide on how to build the machines
"/warp sfguide"

if you want you can add your version of the guide to the same floor making it easier seeing as the most obvious warp is taken :P

Adam_Sawg

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 30, 2014, 03:18 PM
Vet+ can place machines, yes, but that doesn't mean you can't use someone esle's machiebns. If it's such a big problem we can add some machienes that contain pistons/dispensers at spawn.

else* and machines* tow u rly need to work on grammar! xD ment to say grammAr, but ill try using other machines form other playArs

xQuicScopex

the gold pan doesnt give sifted ore does it still need a water source and be below y32?

TheGoldenKibby

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Sep 30, 2014, 04:41 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Sep 30, 2014, 03:18 PM

else* and machines* tow u rly need to work on grammar! xD ment to say grammAr, but ill try using other machines form other playArs

Else* Towelie* you* really* meant* I'll* from* players*

That's only spelling mistakes. I could correct your entire sentence structure, but I think you get the point. :)

Towelie

Give me a break i'm a busy man these are typos not grammar mistakes.

DarkTrainer45

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Sep 30, 2014, 06:37 PM
the gold pan doesnt give sifted ore does it still need a water source and be below y32?
If u go to an ocean biome bring a water bucket  and the pan then dig up the gravel found there and you should get it

xQuicScopex

howw do you use the charging station? i finally got a multitool but it needs to have energy but the charging station doesnt work....

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 01, 2014, 06:24 AM
howw do you use the charging station? i finally got a multitool but it needs to have energy but the charging station doesnt work....
you make a battery and put the battery in the lower slot and the stuff you need to charge in the top spot and then right click on the nether fence

xQuicScopex

oh...and also why did you disable the wind staff? its needed for nearly every talisman and those are pretty useful could you not disable the effect without disabling the item?

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 01, 2014, 08:46 AM
oh...and also why did you disable the wind staff? its needed for nearly every talisman and those are pretty useful could you not disable the effect without disabling the item?
I cannot disable the effect. I disabled it because it lagged the server due to people being able to travel at supersonic speeds

xQuicScopex

Oct 01, 2014, 02:02 PM #17 Last Edit: Oct 01, 2014, 03:28 PM by xQuicScopex
oh ok

Post Merge: Oct 01, 2014, 03:28 PM

would it be possible to add some of the slime fun stuff to the emp? like the resources/ingots? because some are hard to get it just tool me 6-7 hours to make the tier 1 multi tool because it takes so long to get the ingots for  it

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 01, 2014, 02:02 PM
oh ok

Post Merge: Oct 01, 2014, 03:28 PM

would it be possible to add some of the slime fun stuff to the emp? like the resources/ingots? because some are hard to get it just tool me 6-7 hours to make the tier 1 multi tool because it takes so long to get the ingots for  it
It's meant to take a lot, to give players stuff to do. If you hust had everything it wouldnt be fun anymore

xQuicScopex

well then can you make it so you can buy like sifted ore but theres a limit per player?
its not that its not fun but when you goldpan 4000 blocks of gravel and get like 64 sifted ore its a little disappointing im not trying to complain about anything because i love this plugin possibly the most of all the ones we use but some things are just not worth the time to get and also none of the jetpacks can be made because they need a power crysal and thats no longer craftable

djdjsmilezz

I cant get the charging station to work, like i cant put the battery or the thing i want to charge into the furnace? any help?

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 01, 2014, 06:48 PM
well then can you make it so you can buy like sifted ore but theres a limit per player?
its not that its not fun but when you goldpan 4000 blocks of gravel and get like 64 sifted ore its a little disappointing im not trying to complain about anything because i love this plugin possibly the most of all the ones we use but some things are just not worth the time to get and also none of the jetpacks can be made because they need a power crysal and thats no longer craftable

You can't craft power crystals? I thought you could.
Could you confirm and also explain how you would normally craft power crystals?

xQuicScopex

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 07, 2015, 07:16 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 01, 2014, 06:48 PM

You can't craft power crystals? I thought you could.
Could you confirm and also explain how you would normally craft power crystals?

tow me and you went over this XD it takes the synthetic diamonds to craft and you dont want people making diamonds out of coal so you disabled it you had told me you would make them available at emp for around 100k

Towelie

I've re-enabled synth. diamonds but made it so you can't use them in a normal workbench