May 06, 2024, 01:14 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Alarming drop of revenue

Started by Towelie, Oct 03, 2014, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Oct 03, 2014, 07:36 AM Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014, 12:02 PM by Kaninka
I'd just like to inform everyone that we are seeing an alarming drop of revenue (donations/purchases). This is valid for all our servers, including Pixelmon and Survival.
If things go like they've been going in the past ~2 weeks it looks that for the first time, we might not get enough revenue to cover our monthly bills.

There is no reason for panic yet as we have a reserve from which we can pay the costs for several months, but it is alarming.

Want to help? You can do it in 3 ways:
- If you can, purchase something from the premium shop (type /buy in-game on the server you are playing with)
- Voting daily on all the voting sites helps us reach to new players which potentially might purchase premium items and help us cover the bills. Type /vote in-game
- +1'ing our modpack will help our SFT Pixelmon modpack/server gain visibility and potentially new premium purchasing users.  http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/sft-pixelmon.162655

NOTE: There is no reason to panic yet, SFT isn't dying, i am just pointing this out so you are up to speed with our currnet situation

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dogggeh

I would donate alot but paypal rejects my card :/

Towelie

Quote from: SirDoggeh on Oct 03, 2014, 07:42 AM
I would donate alot but paypal rejects my card :/
Um, did you try creating a paypal account and adding your card in it? If not try contacting their customer support.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

rens0wntnoob

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 03, 2014, 07:36 AM

NOTE: There is no reason to panic yet, SFT isn't dying yet,

Saying 'yet' still makes me worrying...

ryan_m004

Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Towelie

Quote from: rens0wntnoob on Oct 03, 2014, 09:11 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Oct 03, 2014, 07:36 AM

NOTE: There is no reason to panic yet, SFT isn't dying yet,

Saying 'yet' still makes me worrying...
second yet is mistake.

DeltaCosmic

You should be happy to know I'm going web shopping and I should be spending 100$ in the pixelmon shop for my birthday

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

Limax007

DeltaCosmic

Oct 03, 2014, 11:00 AM #8 Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014, 12:21 PM by TheCosmicHero
Quote from: ryan_m004 on Oct 03, 2014, 09:22 AM
We will pull through it! :)
you bet it
And I know how
does this stupid crazy sceme and fails in the end
Well that was a fail but ill try again soon
Or I can text a lot of minecraft players and tell them to join

Post Merge: Oct 03, 2014, 11:18 AM

And you can help to get as many player to join as you can :D

Post Merge: Oct 03, 2014, 12:21 PM

And now to vote
  :steve:  :creeper: :3

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

Brightpkz

I think this may be due to one of our ads/info on the net that's misleading. Nowadays, players come on but only ask for starter pokemons, even after explaining 3-4 times, they still ignore and end up leaving the game. This problem persisting leads to a small player population, which then leads to the problem we're now experiencing.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Kaninka

Quote from: Brightpkz on Oct 03, 2014, 01:10 PM
I think this may be due to one of our ads/info on the net that's misleading. Nowadays, players come on but only ask for starter pokemons, even after explaining 3-4 times, they still ignore and end up leaving the game. This problem persisting leads to a small player population, which then leads to the problem we're now experiencing.
Whenever someone says the word "pixelmon" they get a link to the pixelmon server  :) This can prob. be added for the word "pokemon" too  :zombie:

Brightpkz

Quote from: Kaninka on Oct 03, 2014, 01:15 PM
Quote from: Brightpkz on Oct 03, 2014, 01:10 PM
Whenever someone says the word "pixelmon" they get a link to the pixelmon server  :) This can prob. be added for the word "pokemon" too  :zombie:

Sometimes they ignore it, I think maybe a plugin could be added for that such that when they say pixelmon/pokemon they get to choose by saying "/yes" or "/no" to be redirected to our Pixelmon server. There's also another plugin that allows players to type a command and use the server pack, not sure if this is fitting.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Towelie

We can't send them to the pixelmon server because the two servers are not linked via a hub. We have automated messages in place

willhill2000

Would there be any chance of adding that plugin that if a player say's "Pixelmon" It gives them a link to pixelmon, We get so many players coming online and saying "Where do I find pixelmon/pokemon?"
I think this would be a great addition to the Factions server :)

ChoctheMilkman

Quote from: Limax007 on Oct 03, 2014, 10:16 AM
Donated something.

*Donated enough to keep the server alive for another 6 Months or so*

Towelie

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Oct 03, 2014, 03:45 PM
honestly i would donate but this isnt the friendlyest community ive played not saying any names but yeah
With an attitude like that, you can bet nothign will ever be fixed.
If you actually did point out names with proof rather than flaming around the forums then maybe we could do something about it.

IamHerrow

If I didnt have to take care of paying for my college stuff I would totally donate more for pixel. I will try to save up so I can donate like I did before.

sam5638

Why not get rid of some of the servers that are literally never used and focus more on the ones that are?

Long Goner

Well there's the damn EULA for you

BioPh33r

Towlie i'll be asking players to donate on the pixelmon server and as for me im sorry to say im broke and im having to rely on grants for my scholling or i would donate for supporter rank and autoshop perms. But ill spread the word .

TheGoldenKibby

Just something off the top of my head, but I think that tekkit classic could use a major revive here soon. It has been dead for a long time now, and it feels like nothing has happened yet. SlimeFun was similar to tekkit and was added into survival, and people are loving it. At some point could we turn this into an advertisement for the tekkit server or something? I would love to play that server in particular more, but the most people I've seen on at once is 4.

Towelie

Quote from: sam5638 on Oct 04, 2014, 02:19 AM
Why not get rid of some of the servers that are literally never used and focus more on the ones that are?
Examples.

ryan_m004

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 04, 2014, 08:31 AM
Examples.
Parkour and maybe vanilla after a while.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

N1ux_

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Oct 04, 2014, 08:43 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Oct 04, 2014, 08:31 AM
Examples.
Parkour and maybe vanilla after a while.
parkour is used a lot..

Towelie

These servers are hosted on machines that we already pay for survival/pix/factions so removing them would have no effect on expenses.