[Community Discussion] Life is Feudal Server?

Started by Towelie, Oct 06, 2014, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy the game today and play if SFT had a server?

Yes
4 (44.4%)
No
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: Oct 13, 2014, 06:34 AM

Towelie

I'd like to raise to your attention an early access steam game by the name "Life is feudal" This is a mmo type game in which players can build houses and farm together, etc.
There will be two types: The MMORPG version with thousands of players ant the Server version (which we can host) and would have a max of 64 players (32 at start) but with customizable drop rates, xp rates, etc).
What I want from you guys is to tell me how many of you would buy this game if we had a server (only if you are 100% sure) and play it daily.

The game costs 30 EUR on steam and costs about ~35GBP/mo for us to host so not too much.
See the video then let us know what you think, whether you'd get it / play it and whether SFT should host a server

The game is early access and it's not fully complete but I'd be inclined to give it a try and host a server as it looks like it's awesome. I haven't played it myself and just found out about it.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Limax007

Bought it, played it, on official server this is laggy as hell.
Still full of bugs but it has great potential, however you will need a serious server to host something of that sort.
At the basis this game has Minecraft written all over it only the engine and graphics are totally different.

Towelie

We do have serious servers. Six of them xD
With up to 64gb ram per server xD and Xeon cpus

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Adam_Sawg

gonna buy it, but do you guys have the official SFT server or what?

Eternal_Jamie

I wouldn't play it, not yet anyway. Looks really good but not up for putting that sorta money for an early access game.

@Adam If you read the topic the answer is no, as this is to discuss if we should get one.

Limax007

Well to be honest I only played at my office, my desktop is brand new but it's a office computer not a gaming computer. Internet connection is at 20mb/s guaranteed up/down and I played on one of their official servers with a decent ping and only 5 players online so this shouldn't have been an issue.
     Will try it at home on my gaming desktop to see if I was not "fit" enough here in the office and I'll let you know the outcome.

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Oct 06, 2014, 01:13 PM
I'm curious do you only read the titles of topics or what?

Limax007

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Oct 06, 2014, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't play it, not yet anyway. Looks really good but not up for putting that sorta money for an early access game.

@Adam If you read the topic the answer is no, as this is to discuss if we should get one.

Jamie it's true that the game is buggy but it is a dream came true. Like having Minecraft as idea combined with Farcry as design. 

Post Merge: Oct 06, 2014, 01:21 PM

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 06, 2014, 01:17 PM

Maybe you should have placed the question mark at the end of the title in red.

supergomguy

I was looking at this game the other day. If it isn't too buggy and glitchy it probably could be a nice server even though I probably won't be able to play it. :P

The Lovin Spoon

darknuju

This game looks amazing I saw it in my steam suggestions and thought it was just some thing trying to be like just another RPG game, but I didn't realize there was all this building and in depth combat. I might not get it just yet but closer to its release yes probably.

graven2603

Looks really fun but my laptop most likely wont be able to play it due to the system requirements  :'(
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Adam_Sawg

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 06, 2014, 01:17 PM

sometimes the titles XD, but i think we should have a life is feudal server, the game is nice and awsome, but idk how to play it, XD XD ;D

ddude_stnom

Looks quite good, but as Jamie said, I'm not quite prepared to fork out the money on this game quite yet. Perhaps as the game progresses, and I can afford it, I may buy it. xD

ironman3000

Actually, it seems like a really cool game.

Lansdiinio

Game looks amazing! Shame about the steep price tag though.

8snowy11

Looks cool, I can definitely run this but I wouldn't be able to play every day due to school. But, this game does require a decent desktop or laptop, not just any old toaster. I really don't know how much of SFT's player base can actually run this game on their tech. The game does have potential and it looks very cool. Thanks for showing it to us Towelie :D

RallyReaper

I'd play it and probably contribute to making it better, but sadly i don't have the money for the game.

Cesspitsid

I'm not going to buy it just yet, I'm going to wait and see how it turns out first.

TRITIUMNITR0X

Oct 07, 2014, 01:39 PM #19 Last Edit: Oct 07, 2014, 02:14 PM by TRITIUMNITR0X
Unfortunately for me, I've been fucked over by Steam's Greenlight / early access scams way too many times (ie. Rust, 7D2D, The Forest, Arma 3, ORION, War Thunder, etc.) So I'm going to be cautious about my next purchases. In fact:

Quote from: Cesspitsid on Oct 07, 2014, 06:35 AM
I'm not going to buy it just yet, I'm going to wait and see how it turns out first.

I would love for Life is Feudal to really take off, but I'm not going to fall for the hype until we see constant development progress. Devs tend to promise us a completed game if we purchase an early access version, but the games tend to be in development for far too long, and before you know it, the community died out and nobody really cares about the updates.

So Towelie, I would suggest keeping this server idea in your hat to pull out at a later time if we see constant progress on the game. So far, BitBox has posted about 5 updates in the last month. That's fairly decent. Hopefully they'll keep that up.

(Also, has anyone else noticed the eerie similarity in how BitBox posted a "Meet the Developers" video, just like the guy who was working on the DayZ standalone had done? If that's not a "look at us, we're your friends" bullshit tactic to get people to fall into a "devs truly care about us that they gave us a tour of their workplace!" trap, I don't know what is.)
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

Loasty

It looks like it has lots of potential and it has a good concept, I will get it if there is proof that this game with florish; or even if it has the ability to add custom mods/items to a server to give it your own unique feel (like example; the ability to add guns)  ect... You have indeed peaked my interest in it though :)
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

emm10

Trit and Jamie basically summed up my thoughts on this.

Limax007

So, I played it at home on my gaming desktop, works much better but still has lag really big lag.
I don't know how it would run with a full server if it would run on a full server.
My advice just give it some time because plenty of features to be are not implemented yet and those might overload the game even more.

Towelie

MosesRN

Quote from: TRITIUMNITR0X on Oct 07, 2014, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately for me, I've been fucked over by Steam's Greenlight / early access scams way too many times (ie. Rust, 7D2D, The Forest, Arma 3, ORION, War Thunder, etc.)
How were some of those games scams?