[Global News] Animal right activists storms restaurant

Started by The Lovin Spoon, Oct 08, 2014, 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: MetroA string of videos in which activists storm into restaurants and berate diners for eating meat have been uploaded to YouTube by animal rights group Direct Action Everywhere.
And in one of the latest clips, entitled '#DisruptSpeciesism', a woman marches into a restaurant where she gives an emotional speech about her 'little girl', Snow – who turns out to be a chicken.
Akwardly set against the tune of the 1964 Temptations classic 'My Girl' playing from the restaurant's speakers, the woman, identified only as Kelly, tells the story of her 'little girl', who she says was abused for her 'entire life'.
Laying the blame at the feet of the restaurant and 'establishments like it', Kelly – tears now running down her face – describes how she rescued Snow (who we can now deduce is a chicken) from the chop.
'Someone was going to murder her. I went in there with other humans and I took her out of there and if I hadn't, she wouldn't be with me right now,' she says.
'She would be gone.'
After finishing her speech, she (rather optimistically) tells the diners that they will 'remember Snow's name', after which other members of the animal rights group file in dutifully and repeat the mantra:
'It's not food, it's violence.'

emm10

I just laughed my ass off. Please give me a moment to pick it back up.

Eternal_Jamie

Bloody hell, someone give her an Oscar. Surprised the restaurant didn't just kick them out straight away.

The Lovin Spoon

she doesnt deserve an oscar
she deserves to be in the same meat grinder as Snow were

emm10

I cannot wait to see what Cireshie posts on here.

Kingcozza

Oh for fucks sake, this is getting out of hand, some vegetarians need to understand people aren't going to stop eating meat. Unless they kill all the cows, pigs, sheep and whatever else we eat. This movement is pathetic, people have the right to eat whatever they like.