[Survival] Got ideas for plugins?

Started by Towelie, Oct 16, 2014, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

So, now that we have a new dev (darknuju), let us know if you have any idea for plugins for Survival.
I'm looking in particular for gameplay enhancing plugins or plugins that add new mechanics (sort of like slimefun rather than just a simple mechanic that you'd get bored of after a day).

Let us know if you have any idea, if not it's ok.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

rileyblockman

Oct 16, 2014, 09:27 PM #1 Last Edit: Oct 16, 2014, 09:34 PM by rileyblockman
Insted of /iv for selling things in emp have one for prices for buying too and. Bank to store your money when buying stuff, something for you crates to go when you get them if your inv is full, /return in the donator shop

ddude_stnom

I have suggested this before, but might as well suggest it again. It would be really cool to get a betting plugin or a stock market one.

TRITIUMNITR0X

Skyrealm.

Please.

I need a plot of floating world to enjoy and build on.
I neeeeeeed it.

Tyvm yoloswag 360° noscope headshot 420 blaze rod!!!111111

(Also, I just made chocolate chip cookies and everyone needs to be jelly rn pls ty)

(Also also, please make a seasons plugin that gives effects to the world when the moon shifts phases)
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

darknuju

Oct 16, 2014, 11:32 PM #4 Last Edit: Oct 16, 2014, 11:41 PM by darknuju
What I think of the suggestions so far but keep in mind Towelie makes the final decision.

rileyblockman: I don't think this is necessary as I believe Towelie already has a list of prices in some form of document. He could maybe post it as a sticky topic somewhere which would get rid of a need for a plugin like this (if he hasn't already).

ddude_stnom: I actually thought of something like this a while back if Towelie wants it I am all for making it.

stormshooter and ironman3000: This also sounds cool and easy to make if Towelie approves.

xQuickScopex: I think Towelie has said in the past he didn't want chat to become a spammy mess of colors so I doubt this.

TRITUMNITR0X: I don't know about skyrealm but as for the seasons plugin that actually sounds really cool. Could you possibly describe what changes are actually made based on what season it is?

TRITIUMNITR0X

Full moon- gravity is shifted and Jump effect is active for all players. (That would be fun as hell. But only make it available in non-PVP zones to eliminate crying?) Also, cows randomly spawn over players from a high height and fall to the ground (lol).

Half moon- Players are given cookies and milk.

Quarter phase- Zombies all spawn as tiny zombies.

I'm kinda digging deep here, so you have to pick and choose what's best. XD
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

darknuju

That sounds awesome and it would add quite a bit of variety to spice things up.

8d2

What about chess challenges? You can do /ttt to play tic tac toe, so why not allow challenging players to a game of chess?

ButterWhisperer

Stuff like changes to your character via potion / questline. Turning into vampires or werewolves, under different conditions of something like what trit suggested with the lunar phases. These would give you different things like speed boost, jump boost, and other powers.

BattleAxium

Quote from: darknuju on Oct 16, 2014, 11:32 PM
What I think of the suggestions so far but keep in mind Towelie makes the final decision.

rileyblockman: I don't think this is necessary as I believe Towelie already has a list of prices in some form of document. He could maybe post it as a sticky topic somewhere which would get rid of a need for a plugin like this (if he hasn't already).

There is a list of the Emporium buy/sell prices for every item in a Google document here. Although, It would be way more efficient and convenient for players to have a command in-game to see this. It should contain more information for buy and sell prices of items in your inventory. Unlike, the /iv command which shows the buy price and whether or not the EMP buys it. It would be worth it to have a command for this but added an existing plugin.

Towelie

Oook.... some of you completely ignored what I posted and suggested things that aren't even remotely similar to what I asked.
I'm gonna go remove the suggestions that don't match my request to keep this thread clean and leave room for more on-topic ideas.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Just a reminder: I'm looking for plugins that enhance gameplay / add some new mechanics, I AM NOT LOOKING FOR MORE PLUGINS THAT JUST DO SIMPPLE/POINTLESS STUFF THAT WE DON'T REALLY NEED.

Towelie

Quote from: rileyblockman on Oct 16, 2014, 09:27 PM
Insted of /iv for selling things in emp have one for prices for buying too and. Bank to store your money when buying stuff, something for you crates to go when you get them if your inv is full, /return in the donator shop
-What possible use would it be to have a bank to store your money in? Isn't  the economy plugin a bank of its own ? I fail to see the point.
- Um, just put your crates in your chests when your inv is full ?! or don't let your inv be full?

Towelie

Quote from: ddude_stnom on Oct 16, 2014, 09:39 PM
I have suggested this before, but might as well suggest it again. It would be really cool to get a betting plugin or a stock market one.
I don't see a possible and reliable way to make a stock exchange plugin. To have a stock exchange and capital flowing around you'd have to have a lot more than ~10 players throwing money around.

Towelie

Quote from: TRITIUMNITR0X on Oct 16, 2014, 11:05 PM
Skyrealm.

Please.

I need a plot of floating world to enjoy and build on.
I neeeeeeed it.

Tyvm yoloswag 360° noscope headshot 420 blaze rod!!!111111

(Also, I just made chocolate chip cookies and everyone needs to be jelly rn pls ty)

(Also also, please make a seasons plugin that gives effects to the world when the moon shifts phases)
Do not want sky world again :P
It's just not working for us there's lag from all the falling water/lava, there's too much empty space that goes wasted and so on.
As for the seasons um sounds interesting but it'd have to be more than that.

Towelie

Quote from: 8d2 on Oct 17, 2014, 12:06 AM
What about chess challenges? You can do /ttt to play tic tac toe, so why not allow challenging players to a game of chess?
We can't make the chess board because we cannot have enough squares (max interface size is um 6x9 I believe)

Towelie

Quote from: TheEngineer on Oct 17, 2014, 12:43 AM
Stuff like changes to your character via potion / questline. Turning into vampires or werewolves, under different conditions of something like what trit suggested with the lunar phases. These would give you different things like speed boost, jump boost, and other powers.
I actually had an idea like that but it got cancelled due to lack of time.
Can you take a look at my design document and give some feedback? -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pwNPUz9uVqrHCkTK0158FPAtYdmwdvIBCKeM8Ro-hUY/

xQuicScopex

i found 2 i thought would be fun guns+ and/or sworn guns here the links to read about them

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/swornguns/

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/guns/

BattleAxium

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 17, 2014, 04:23 AM
We can't make the chess board because we cannot have enough squares (max interface size is um 6x9 I believe)
Inventory sizes go by multiples of 9 and the max size that actually works is 81 slots (9x9 grid).

emm10

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 17, 2014, 04:24 AM
Quote from: TheEngineer on Oct 17, 2014, 12:43 AM
I actually had an idea like that but it got cancelled due to lack of time.
Can you take a look at my design document and give some feedback? -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pwNPUz9uVqrHCkTK0158FPAtYdmwdvIBCKeM8Ro-hUY/
That would be awesome. The plus slimefun would definitely make me want to start playing.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: BattleAxium on Oct 17, 2014, 05:17 AM
Inventory sizes go by multiples of 9 and the max size that actually works is 81 slots (9x9 grid).

this is not entirely true you can install a chests lugin and have it access one of those i know the more chests plugin has a diamond chest that is 12x12 space plenty big enough for chess

BattleAxium

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 17, 2014, 12:59 PM

this is not entirely true you can install a chests lugin and have it access one of those i know the more chests plugin has a diamond chest that is 12x12 space plenty big enough for chess

Well, a 12x12 grid is 144 slots and isn't that a multiple of 9? Also, you sure it was a 12x12 grid? As I remember manipulating inventory space and if I went past 81 slots there was a GUI issue.

Eternal_Jamie

Even if the grid size aint an issue chess seems a bit meh in mc to me, noughts and crosses is a nice and simple game chess just has to many rules etc. to be represented well in a plugin, draughts may be more doable if there was an interest in board games.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: BattleAxium on Oct 17, 2014, 01:45 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 17, 2014, 12:59 PM

Well, a 12x12 grid is 144 slots and isn't that a multiple of 9? Also, you sure it was a 12x12 grid? As I remember manipulating inventory space and if I went past 81 slots there was a GUI issue.

the plugin is a lot like the better or more chests mod and it looks like a diamond chest and im pretty sure its 12x12 and 144 isnt a multiple of 9 :p i can mess around with it if tow wants and see what i can make

DuaneandBrand0

Maybe (donation ideas, by the way), a /nickname command that would show up if someone did /nick Player you would see [Rank]*Player instead of [Rank]PlayerName

Also, maybe /enderchest and /workbench could be cool and useful too? :)