[Survival] Got ideas for plugins?

Started by Towelie, Oct 16, 2014, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: DuaneandBrand0 on Oct 17, 2014, 02:20 PM
Maybe (donation ideas, by the way), a /nickname command that would show up if someone did /nick Player you would see [Rank]*Player instead of [Rank]PlayerName

Also, maybe /enderchest and /workbench could be cool and useful too? :)
Slimefun does the workbench and enderchest thing I believe

DuaneandBrand0

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Oct 17, 2014, 02:21 PM
Maybe (donation ideas, by the way), a /nickname command that would show up if someone did /nick Player you would see [Rank]*Player instead of [Rank]PlayerName

Really? Didn't know that! Is it portable? Like, if you're in a cave and your pick breaks can you just do the Slimefun thing to pop in the crafting table and make a new pick, or do you have to build it? If you can do that, I better get studying on Slimefun ;)

BattleAxium

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 17, 2014, 02:09 PM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Oct 17, 2014, 01:45 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 17, 2014, 12:59 PM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Oct 17, 2014, 05:17 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Oct 17, 2014, 04:23 AM
Quote from: 8d2 on Oct 17, 2014, 12:06 AM
What about chess challenges? You can do /ttt to play tic tac toe, so why not allow challenging players to a game of chess?
We can't make the chess board because we cannot have enough squares (max interface size is um 6x9 I believe)
Inventory sizes go by multiples of 9 and the max size that actually works is 81 slots (9x9 grid).

this is not entirely true you can install a chests lugin and have it access one of those i know the more chests plugin has a diamond chest that is 12x12 space plenty big enough for chess

Well, a 12x12 grid is 144 slots and isn't that a multiple of 9? Also, you sure it was a 12x12 grid? As I remember manipulating inventory space and if I went past 81 slots there was a GUI issue.

the plugin is a lot like the better or more chests mod and it looks like a diamond chest and im pretty sure its 12x12 and 144 isnt a multiple of 9 :p i can mess around with it if tow wants and see what i can make

Multiples of 9: 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81, 90, 99, 108, 117, 126, 135, 144, 153, 162, 171, 180

And what you're talking about sounds more like a mod rather than a plugin anyways.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: DuaneandBrand0 on Oct 17, 2014, 02:25 PM

Really? Didn't know that! Is it portable? Like, if you're in a cave and your pick breaks can you just do the Slimefun thing to pop in the crafting table and make a new pick, or do you have to build it? If you can do that, I better get studying on Slimefun ;)
Well I saw a thing in slimefun called virtual crafting table so I presume it is that, not tried much of sf xd

DuaneandBrand0

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Oct 17, 2014, 02:30 PM

Well I saw a thing in slimefun called virtual crafting table so I presume it is that, not tried much of sf xd
I'll get back to you on it xD

BattleAxium

Quote from: DuaneandBrand0 on Oct 17, 2014, 02:34 PM

Found this on the wiki: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/slimefun/pages/wiki/

Portable Crafter

A crafting table you can open wherever you want..

Portable Enchanter

An enchantment table you can open wherever you want.
The more bookshelves there are around you, the higher you can enchant.

Ender Backpack

Allows you to open your Ender Chest remotely.

DuaneandBrand0

Quote from: BattleAxium on Oct 17, 2014, 02:36 PM
Quote from: DuaneandBrand0 on Oct 17, 2014, 02:34 PM

Found this on the wiki: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/slimefun/pages/wiki/

Portable Crafter

A crafting table you can open wherever you want..

Portable Enchanter

An enchantment table you can open wherever you want.
The more bookshelves there are around you, the higher you can enchant.

Ender Backpack

Allows you to open your Ender Chest remotely.
Cheers man

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 17, 2014, 04:27 AM
i found 2 i thought would be fun guns+ and/or sworn guns here the links to read about them

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/swornguns/

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/guns/
Nope. Guns are not for survival, they would un-balance pvp and they would totally ruin the balance of Survival.
I have looked into this option, I'm not just saying.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

krankenstein20

Towelie

I'm not too big on allowing name changes. Things could get confusing.
And you already have portable enderchest/workbench in SlimeFun I believe

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

SkullzCrew

/enderchest and /workbench might not be great, I think it's good that you can get the portable crafting table/ender backpack in slimefun with some resources rather than donation. That's just personal opinion though, might be a good idea for a donation.

broman349

A mod that adds a new ore that can be used for Armor/Tools, or a mod that uses Obsidian for Armor/Tools if the new ore is not viable.

Hope you like my idea!

Green_Giant

Quote from: broman349 on Oct 17, 2014, 07:08 PM
A mod that adds a new ore that can be used for Armor/Tools, or a mod that uses Obsidian for Armor/Tools if the new ore is not viable.

Hope you like my idea!
You can't have mods for the survival server, only plugins.

ButterWhisperer

Quote from: emm10 on Oct 17, 2014, 10:24 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Oct 17, 2014, 04:24 AM
Quote from: TheEngineer on Oct 17, 2014, 12:43 AM
Stuff like changes to your character via potion / questline. Turning into vampires or werewolves, under different conditions of something like what trit suggested with the lunar phases. These would give you different things like speed boost, jump boost, and other powers.
I actually had an idea like that but it got cancelled due to lack of time.
Can you take a look at my design document and give some feedback? -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pwNPUz9uVqrHCkTK0158FPAtYdmwdvIBCKeM8Ro-hUY/

That would be awesome. The plus slimefun would definitely make me want to start playing.

That sounds pretty cool!  Although the praying ability could be abused in PvP areas to bypass tpas and stuff. Also  there could be some other "jobs" such as werewolf and vampire hunters which have specefic bonuses and try to hunt/kill the werewolves/vampires.

TheGoldenKibby

Maybe, just maybe, add group messaging. Like /gmsg <name> <name> <text> etc

And u could do /gr <text>

darknuju

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Oct 18, 2014, 12:44 AM
Maybe, just maybe, add group messaging. Like /gmsg <name> <name> <text> etc

And u could do /gr <text>

You mean like /party <party name> join to join/create a party /p to toggle party chat or /p <message> to send one message in party chat?

TheGoldenKibby

Sorta, but to people not in a party. I guess with the party commands though, it does make the whole group message a bit useless.

Towelie

First of all, let's not just do stuff that already exists because that's just wasting people's time. No to group chat, you have party chat, use that.

About the Supernatural plugin, would really love if someone was interested in helping me refine the design doc, remove any features that could be abuseable and help find new ones.
But in an ordered fashion not like this this thread gives me a headache, I don't like it  when people don't listen to what I say...

Silly_StringSFT

This sounds like a crazy idea, and i dont think it will make it far but why not try xD So I'm thinking have a like 1/500 chance to find a spawner like normal in a dongeon but it will be a op mob like zombie pigman or silver fish wolf etc. i know this will probably mess with the server economy but with such a small chance idk

Brightpkz

I actually do have one but it'd require hosting a server, the idea is fully original and I could write the proposal this week if you want.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

onionboys

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Oct 18, 2014, 01:26 AM
Sorta, but to people not in a party. I guess with the party commands though, it does make the whole group message a bit useless.
Your suggestion doesn't make much sense. Just sounds like a party plugin renamed.

Sent from TapaSwag

Towelie

Quote from: Brightpkz on Oct 19, 2014, 02:06 AM
I actually do have one but it'd require hosting a server, the idea is fully original and I could write the proposal this week if you want.
Um, sure.