Jun 04, 2024, 07:07 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Feature Freeze

Started by Towelie, Nov 09, 2014, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

As of this moment we are putting a feature freeze on Survival.
What this means is that we will not be adding any more plugins (except the Computers plugin which is work in progress).
We are currently focusing on doing performance tweaks to our existing plugins and compacting existing plugins aiming to reduce the total number of plugins.
This is in effect until December-ish when we will update to 1.8 if all is well.

Spigot announced that they have begun the test phase and  an estimation would be late november - early december for spigot 1.8

tl;dr -> We aren't adding anything new on survival until we update to 1.8, we're just doing performance tweaking

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Brightpkz

Awesome! :D Looking forward to December! ^^

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

stormshooter

Thanks for informing us Tow! Can't wait for the update. c:

maxwolf28

is there going to be a re-set (please no)?

Brightpkz

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Nov 09, 2014, 03:27 PM
is there going to be a re-set (please no)?

Towelie normally announces a reset 1month before hand (from past experience) I am sure he will tell us all if there will be one coming soon. This was spoken about in previous posts either about Spigot or 1.8

cloberrie

supergomguy

A reset would be good to get all the 1.8 items in the world, but the world was just reset and many people have just built epic things in the new world so everyone has different ideas of what to do :P

Cireshie

Quote from: supergomguy on Nov 09, 2014, 04:02 PM
A reset would be good to get all the 1.8 items in the world, but the world was just reset and many people have just built epic things in the new world so everyone has different ideas of what to do :P
If we do get a reset, it would probably be world2, but that world is still very new. We haven't had that world for that long. Also, if there is a reset, world1 would be world2 so nothing in the newest world would be gone.

darknuju

Might I add if we don't do a reset and make 1.8 items only available at emp it could help the economy a lot depending on how much we charge.

Brightpkz

Quote from: darknuju on Nov 09, 2014, 04:58 PM
Might I add if we don't do a reset and make 1.8 items only available at emp it could help the economy a lot depending on how much we charge.

That's brilliant!

xQuicScopex

whats the computer plugin?

ColesyM

We have already had some big optimizations to SFTMMO yesterday

ryan_m004

What about the town plugin?
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Nov 10, 2014, 10:25 AM
What about the town plugin?

i think it was abandoned but you can ask funky about it she was in charge of that project

xQuicScopex

Quote from: ColesyM on Nov 10, 2014, 08:49 AM

did you make the bow powerups less op? i know my bow used to give me 2-3 lvls per arrow if i was in /hard and now it doesnt

ColesyM

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Nov 11, 2014, 03:31 PM
Quote from: ColesyM on Nov 10, 2014, 08:49 AM

did you make the bow powerups less op? i know my bow used to give me 2-3 lvls per arrow if i was in /hard and now it doesnt

Nope, that didn't change.

Adam_Sawg