Apr 27, 2024, 12:13 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] /hats glitch

Started by Towelie, Nov 15, 2014, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

It has come to my attention that there was a glitch recently that allowed users to somehow take blocks from /hats.
I am giving everyone 24h to return ALL THE GLITCHED BLOCKS to me after that we will do a log sweep and we will confiscate ALL THE BELONGINGS from those that stole one of those blocks and if it turns out they have sold them / traded them we will also ban those players.

tl;dr -> You have 24h to come clean and return all glitched items from /hats or you will be banned / lose all your items

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

xQuicScopex

what if we did this by accident and got like the glass hat and placed it? then broke it

Towelie

Accident or no accident our rule says you shouldn't  use glitches and report them if you find

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

xQuicScopex

Towelie

Need someoen to tell me exactly how to reproduce it so darknuju can fix

DarkTrainer45

I don't have the /hats perms but they probably did the fast click and exit
Meanjng they hover over the item they want and they fact click it and as soon as they do they hurry up and exit the menu

Narcotex

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 15, 2014, 01:11 PM
Need someoen to tell me exactly how to reproduce it so darknuju can fix
Quote from: DarkTrainer45 on Nov 15, 2014, 01:19 PM
I don't have the /hats perms but they probably did the fast click and exit
Meanjng they hover over the item they want and they fact click it and as soon as they do they hurry up and exit the menu
The same thing happened with /trails. When I reported that to you, you just fixed it by removing the interface and made trails accessible with "/trail <trail>" rather than actually clicking an icon.

Towelie

Can't exactly disable every interface item :S
I'd rather know how the bug exactly reproduce it so it can be fixed.

maxwolf28

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 15, 2014, 01:32 PM
Can't exactly disable every interface item :S
I'd rather know how the bug exactly reproduce it so it can be fixed.
i found the glitch/reported it. do you want me to forum pm you or meet me in game? p.s. i found it out so i got items from it then tossed em in fire.

Towelie

should have given items to a manager+ not toss them into fire which cannot be verified..
Also, please help darknuju  by sending him a forum pm telling him exactly how to reproduce the bug

krankenstein20

note i dont have perms but 24 h is a bit too short cus if someone isnt on they would get in troble

MrEpicWonder

They are in trouble no matter what, if they used it, they are in trouble.

Using a glitch that allowed players to get BEACONS for free, and abusing that. That's ban worthy. Towelie is giving you a chance to come clean about yourself. It's their own fault for abusing the glitch.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

TheGoldenKibby

This command has been used in the past to obtain beacons. Why not just remove beacons from the item menu?

Cireshie

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Nov 15, 2014, 06:26 PM
This command has been used in the past to obtain beacons. Why not just remove beacons from the item menu?
Any block in the menu is able to be duped I'm assuming. Just best to not have a menu at all to avoid any duping.

Narcotex

Quote from: Cireshie on Nov 15, 2014, 06:27 PM
Any block in the menu is able to be duped I'm assuming. Just best to not have a menu at all to avoid any duping.
Yea, this is what happened with /trails.
I don't see the harm in doing it with hats as well.

Towelie

The menu was glitched, should be fixed now.

ryan_m004

Tow, I bought a beacon off /ml for 6 mil yesterday from pike12.
I'm happy to hand the beacon in as long as I can have my 6 mil back :)
(Was told by a friend that he was getting them from this glitch)
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Dondougo

It happened to /armor too. I couldn't reach you tow, but i burned ~ 4 chests of armor arranged in rainbows. I burned them since you weren't online, and 8d2 witnessed it. you could take off the armor after putting it on and it wouldn't dissappear. I reported this to lans a few days ago.

darknuju

Quote from: dondougo1 on Nov 16, 2014, 06:41 PM
It happened to /armor too. I couldn't reach you tow, but i burned ~ 4 chests of armor arranged in rainbows. I burned them since you weren't online, and 8d2 witnessed it. you could take off the armor after putting it on and it wouldn't dissappear. I reported this to lans a few days ago.
I already fixed this I believe try again

xQuicScopex

Quote from: darknuju on Nov 16, 2014, 07:31 PM
Quote from: dondougo1 on Nov 16, 2014, 06:41 PM
I already fixed this I believe try again

this is still happening i tried to put on my diamond armor and the armor locker armor wouldnt go away it would stay in my inv and i could then put it a chest and another player could pick it up i reported this to mewie last night and sent tow screenshots of it all