May 09, 2024, 12:19 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] We have updated to 1.8

Started by Towelie, Dec 01, 2014, 04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Our Survival server is now running on Minecraft 1.8.
Due to this, the lobby was set to only accept connections from 1.8 clients.

NOTE: We highly recommend using 1.8.1 and not 1.8 (due to performance improvements in 1.8.1).

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Cr1_98

Fantastic!  :)

Thanks to all involved for their hard work in making this possible!

BritanniaRules

How do we get the SFT client to work? Just says its out of date. Does it autoupdate?

Katherine

Quote from: BritanniaRules on Dec 01, 2014, 06:09 PM
How do we get the SFT client to work? Just says its out of date. Does it autoupdate?
Client cannot be used right now until it's updated which may be a while. You need to use the normal 1.8 game client for now. :)

Tyvic

YES!! I've been waiting for this for so long!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Barbacue2

Fractalion

Two of my chests have vanished overnight (presumably due to this update)

As you can see, the bolts are still there, but the chests have disappeared.

I don't really care about the mob drops chest (The first one), but the second one contained my fireworks, including the LGBT fireworks that were created by Towelie and sold on ML at some point last summer-ish.

Can something be done about this? Because if I'm missing two of my chests, I can almost guarantee that most people have lost at least one.

brotherband

Can we get a list of removed plugins please? (Ones we used that authors didn't update for 1.8 )

xQuicScopex

is there an estimated date on when plugins will be readded? like slimefun? :>

ryan_m004

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Dec 02, 2014, 05:48 AM
is there an estimated date on when plugins will be readded? like slimefun? :>
when slime fun works with 1.8
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Zesty

D: oh no my computer cant handle 1.8 or 1.8.1 it causes mr computer to go super laggy then crash
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

fearthe1337

Quote from: quadkaiden on Dec 02, 2014, 07:36 AM
D: oh no my computer cant handle 1.8 or 1.8.1 it causes mr computer to go super laggy then crash
Try updating your graphic drivers and java version. Also try adjusting the graphic settings in minecraft itsself. If still laggy, possibly try lowering the resolution of your screen.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

Cesspitsid

Wooo! can't wait for the new world and all the plugins to be added back :D

Oh and by the way, the lag is there on 1.8 because of how chunks load, they can load a lot better if you have more RAM, the chunk loading was changed in 1.8 to actually reduce lag across many computers and servers, especially in places which required loading of chests/signs/itemframes...

Duncz

This probably sounds stupid but how do I update to 1.8.1?

Fractalion

Duncz

Towelie

This probably sounds stupid but how do you make gifs like that? xD I'm serious.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 02, 2014, 07:09 PM
This probably sounds stupid but how do you make gifs like that? xD I'm serious.

Gyazo Gif

krankenstein20