May 29, 2024, 03:30 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

The state of things 2015

Started by Towelie, Apr 21, 2015, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Giant

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Apr 23, 2015, 05:57 PM
our economy is a problem because players are making money TOO easy and then are controlling the server for example

there are 2 main autos on sft and thats mallusa and sanmarco and other autos arent being used as much and thats causing a problem

because of these autos only 2 players are getting heap loads of money with little work on their part now stevenxino has around 50 ish mil (not completely sure was around there last i checked) and ctyfrmr has 225 mil (these 2 own the above autos) in real life this would almost be a monopoly which is ILLEGAL no matter where you are so this is another reason why our economy is so bad

items are becomming worth less at one point an inv of spider eyes was worth around 150k now there only worth 300 a stack this is because there is way too much money in our economy and the need for these items is so low so their price drops even things like steve co crates/keys have dropped when i first joined the server over a year ago one key was worth around 50k now theyre selling for 5-9k so again even more items going down in value

beacons were once 10 mil and now theyre about 5 this is all caused by inflation and that is where our economy needs help so this is why our economy is a problem
You are very wrong about those two auto's being the only ones used. I remember a year back, they were, however, recently the situation has improved dramatically. With the introduction of /autoshop, all autoshops have basically been given an equal chance, and I know that a lot of players will use any auto that they feel like, not just those 2 like they did in the past. Also, with Donny's new plugin, it's going to even it out even more. ctyfrmr has had 200 million for ages, and it's never really been an issue (Tow does try and squeeze money out of him) since he doesn't purchase much from people from what i've seen. Item prices have always been dropping, when I first joined the server you were lucky to get a diamond for 5k. This is normal, so can basically be ignored. Keys were not worth 50k 1 year ago, they were worth 10k. I know this because I used to sell them on market listings back when I was Tycoon. You are one of the people who make a lot of money, and you say that you make it too easily, then complain about an inventory of spider eyes not being worth much?

It has been said many times that the best way of draining money from the economy is buying more things. Storage wars was a great example of this. I still believe that you should be unable to sell to the emporium, since this just pours more money in (and we get enough from voting).

supermee3

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Apr 23, 2015, 02:23 PM
a full reset would cause a lot of newer players to completely quit because they already went through all the trouble of getting settled down with builds of their own and their items and for them to have them just taken away this early wouldnt sit well with them and in the time between the reset decision and the actual reset there will probably be a broadcast saying itll happen and any player that joins will see that and think "im not gonna put my time into this server just to lose everything in like a month or so" so personally i feel like a full reset may be a bad idea
I see your point, but not everybody is like this. I disagree with your first reasoning about them going through trouble of settling down. The way I see it, is that it is difficult to settle down because of empty caves and houses anywhere you look. However I can understand the second point, but if they were going to leave just because they saw a reset was going to happen, I doubt they would've stayed for a longer period of time.

TheGoldenKibby

The advantages of a full reset:
- You are given a chance to fix the supposedly broken economy
- New blocks are now generated in world two
- Makes the server more appealing to newer players

Disadvantages of a full reset:
- Older players might leave the server
- There's more work to do because it's a reset

What I would do if there was a full reset would be to
- Remove the EMP and perhaps currency in general? Wouldn't be any inflation if there wasn't any currency.
- Change the protections to the one's used in B-Team. That way you can donate for protection blocks, or have people even vote for protection blocks? That way no real items come in or out of the server.
- Advertise the fact that the server was recently reset, may draw more players to the server.

There are a lot of possible advantages and disadvantages I overlooked, but the fact is that if there is a world reset, it would attract more players. So the player base you lose can be gained back fairly quick. Of course, a full reset may not be the best idea. It all depends on whether you would rather have a stable economy or a decent player base.

Ultimatum599

Well seeing some of these other posts I want to state some of my thoughts. First off to all of you talking about a world reset that is not what tow was getting at in this post, he was talking about emp/items reset. If we needed a world reset tow would just do it.

Next I want to talk about the full reset situation. If we have a full reset I would not find much of a point on staying in SFT. If we are going to make players start from scratch you might as well just join another server and restart. Also with the many well established players who would quit I would not find much fun in the community.

Finally speaking in regards to the economy the emp major price change has made it so it is not easy to get rich quick anymore. I have encountered all the ways to make money fast in my time playing and there is no efficient way anymore of doing this. I don't know who is making money extremely fast still to complain about this but to my knowledge the emp price drop took that out of the equation.

VirginianAE

Apr 24, 2015, 03:35 AM #54 Last Edit: Apr 24, 2015, 03:47 AM by VirginianAE
I'll throw this last thing out there for clarification, then I'll let some of you guys with more passionate feelings slug this one out: my point on the BCV was a bit misinterpreted.  I'm not saying that there are tons of BCV's floating around.  What I'm saying is that when you do a quick survey around areas of the survival server, there are a lot of buildings that are not BCVs under the current definitions but are either partially finished-yet-abandoned by otherwise active players or they are just large cobble/dirt/'whatever common and local material exists' buildings that have been thrown up overnight.  It's not rampant and it's not paralyzing the server.  There is obviously still tons of space to go around.  I'm just identifying that it's something I've noticed and wanted to share that with the staff team since, I believe, this thread is soliciting for input.

As for an emp reset, my statement still stands that my only concern would be what I literally just purchased a week ago with my Sponsor rank.  If a reset would include me keeping my 10,000,000 that I still haven't spent, then I'm fine with that.  Otherwise, no point in my flaming the forums or complaining; I'll just keep in mind that those types of donations are a risk moving forward.

I want to be explicit in that I was not complaining about the number of BCVs, the quality of work the staff was doing, or anything along those lines.  I still think SFT is the best survival server around and I only commented on this thread because I want to see it succeed.

Thanks for the bandwidth, guys.  Virginian, out.

Towelie

The vote rewards are just fine as they are. Their value is more than generous. If you are complaining about the rewards, honestly to me it looks like a bad reason not to vote. And even if the rewards were bad you should still vote as a thank you for all our hard work and dedication to keep SFT going and adding new features.

Posted using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

As for a full reset, while I agree it would be a good idea to boost our player base slightly, I'm afraid it would also cause us to lose players so we may need to find other ways.

Posted using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

xQuicScopex

Quote from: Green_Giant on Apr 23, 2015, 06:07 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Apr 23, 2015, 05:57 PM
our economy is a problem because players are making money TOO easy and then are controlling the server for example

there are 2 main autos on sft and thats mallusa and sanmarco and other autos arent being used as much and thats causing a problem

because of these autos only 2 players are getting heap loads of money with little work on their part now stevenxino has around 50 ish mil (not completely sure was around there last i checked) and ctyfrmr has 225 mil (these 2 own the above autos) in real life this would almost be a monopoly which is ILLEGAL no matter where you are so this is another reason why our economy is so bad

items are becomming worth less at one point an inv of spider eyes was worth around 150k now there only worth 300 a stack this is because there is way too much money in our economy and the need for these items is so low so their price drops even things like steve co crates/keys have dropped when i first joined the server over a year ago one key was worth around 50k now theyre selling for 5-9k so again even more items going down in value

beacons were once 10 mil and now theyre about 5 this is all caused by inflation and that is where our economy needs help so this is why our economy is a problem
You are very wrong about those two auto's being the only ones used. I remember a year back, they were, however, recently the situation has improved dramatically. With the introduction of /autoshop, all autoshops have basically been given an equal chance, and I know that a lot of players will use any auto that they feel like, not just those 2 like they did in the past. Also, with Donny's new plugin, it's going to even it out even more. ctyfrmr has had 200 million for ages, and it's never really been an issue (Tow does try and squeeze money out of him) since he doesn't purchase much from people from what i've seen. Item prices have always been dropping, when I first joined the server you were lucky to get a diamond for 5k. This is normal, so can basically be ignored. Keys were not worth 50k 1 year ago, they were worth 10k. I know this because I used to sell them on market listings back when I was Tycoon. You are one of the people who make a lot of money, and you say that you make it too easily, then complain about an inventory of spider eyes not being worth much?

It has been said many times that the best way of draining money from the economy is buying more things. Storage wars was a great example of this. I still believe that you should be unable to sell to the emporium, since this just pours more money in (and we get enough from voting).

i admit i misspoke about them being the only ones used i meant they are like the main ones and youre also right about /autoshop and donny's new plugin so that too will help and the key thing i said that because for like a month i was able to sell them at that price then everyone just went lower and lower and im like cty i make money because i rarely buy things at a high price my max on one transaction is around 100-200k money i can easily return and im not complaining about the spider eyes i used that as an example since i knew their price by heart since that (ill admit) was where most of my money came from

Post Merge: Apr 24, 2015, 01:13 PM

Quote from: supermee3 on Apr 23, 2015, 06:07 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Apr 23, 2015, 02:23 PM
a full reset would cause a lot of newer players to completely quit because they already went through all the trouble of getting settled down with builds of their own and their items and for them to have them just taken away this early wouldnt sit well with them and in the time between the reset decision and the actual reset there will probably be a broadcast saying itll happen and any player that joins will see that and think "im not gonna put my time into this server just to lose everything in like a month or so" so personally i feel like a full reset may be a bad idea
I see your point, but not everybody is like this. I disagree with your first reasoning about them going through trouble of settling down. The way I see it, is that it is difficult to settle down because of empty caves and houses anywhere you look. However I can understand the second point, but if they were going to leave just because they saw a reset was going to happen, I doubt they would've stayed for a longer period of time.

i see both of your points as well but ask yourself this...youre a new player and you just built a house a farm (animals/food) got your enderchest got some money and got decent armor/tools/weapons this took what 2-3 weeks? and then you log on and its all gone some players (not all) would get aggravated at this and would in turn quit thinking it might happen rather often without knowing our last full reset was what 2 years ago? (i wasnt around at that time but ive heard it from players) thats what my only point was in that statement