[Technology] Apple may launch interactive iPad stylus soon

Started by lioneatszebra, Jan 20, 2015, 03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lioneatszebra

Apple may launch interactive iPad stylus soon
From GMA Network

Apple could soon launch a simple stylus that will come with a Pro version of its 12.9-inch iPad tablet, an Apple enthusiast site reported.

In its report, AppleInsider said Apple is also working on an advanced version that will support 3D handwriting.

"Given that it's more precise than a person's fingers, a stylus can be more convenient to use than the combination of keyboard and mouse in some cases. Therefore, we believe Apple's stylus will improve the user experience of 12.9-inch iPad," it quoted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities as saying.

It also said Apple could launch the stylus in the second quarter of 2015.

But AppleInsider also noted Kuo did not cite any particular source for this, though he has had "close ties to Apple's supply chain partners."

Citing Kuo, it said Apple may likely launch the stylus as an optional add-on, then base its actions on consumer feedback.

Bells and whistles

Meanwhile, AppleInsider quoted Kuo as saying the initial stylus will be a simple one, with new features likely added in the future.

Kuo said Apple could add a gyroscope accelerometer "to write not only on the display, but also on other hard surfaces and even in the air."

brb, living offline

FlashFire23

Ok, I am an avid Apple fan but I honestly do have to admit that Apple is just copying things that other companies had already thought of. (Ex: NFC, Stylus on Tables, Side Power Button, etc.)

Infarnape4Slurper

Anybody remember how there was a rumor that the iPhone 5 was gonna have a holographic keyboard? But the thing was, there wasn't any holographic keyboard. So a stylus coming from Apple is a rumor that's hard to beleivs

rens0wntnoob

Quote from: FlashFire23 on Jan 20, 2015, 07:06 AM
Ok, I am an avid Apple fan but I honestly do have to admit that Apple is just copying things that other companies had already thought of. (Ex: NFC, Stylus on Tables, Side Power Button, etc.)
i believe all they made originally is the lightning bolt port (Correct me if i'm wrong)

i remember they made the tablet famous while the first tablet was made 10 years ago. but the tablet that was released 10 years ago was for enterprise/business people and probably quite expensive. apple made it.. still expensive but they 
got people to buy tablets for personal use. but that's good (I guess?)

Stoovs

Quote from: rens0wntnoob on Jan 20, 2015, 08:52 AM
i believe all they made originally is the lightning bolt port (Correct me if i'm wrong)

It was actually called the thunderbolt port. But yes, they were the ones who developed the thunderbolt port.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

FlashFire23

Quote from: Stoovs on Jan 20, 2015, 10:48 AM
Quote from: rens0wntnoob on Jan 20, 2015, 08:52 AM

It was actually called the thunderbolt port. But yes, they were the ones who developed the thunderbolt port.
They technically made both.
Thunderbolt is used for transferring data from place to place (Mac to Mac or Mac to External Storage)
Lightning Bolt is used for charging things such as iPhones, iPods, and iPads.