May 07, 2024, 09:29 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

A change is coming to the forums

Started by Towelie, Jan 27, 2015, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jan 27, 2015, 03:29 PM Last Edit: Jan 27, 2015, 03:38 PM by Towelie
I don't want to reveal anything yet, but I want to say that a change (a good change) is coming to the forums soon!
Get prepared for a new look and some new features!

No estimated date at the moment.

PS: The mastermind behind this is FearThe1337 (so you know it's good when Fear's involved)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: This is a rather large change so expect some funky new features and some of the current features gone (we are dropping the SMF Facepunch Likes mod for a simple "like" button that will be added by default and so on.
Forums will be more streamlined, more optimized for screens of all  sizes and one new awesome feature -> Desktop Notifications (using Chrome I believe).

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fire_Lord_Nero

ddude_stnom

Does this involve swapping forum software or something? :o

Jyncs

I just got used to this change :( But it sounds like whatever is in store will be awesome. I look forward to looking at the new changes.

paul_weebird

Towelie why not download a mod time machine?

Tombo_

Honestly cannot wait to see the new change :D! Hopefully even more people will use the forums after the change ;)

xQuicScopex

onionboys

Still getting used to this new layout, didn't exactly like when we changed layouts last time

funkymonkey245

Today may seem cloudy and tomorrow not much better but you just gotta remember only you can clear the weather so whenever you're feeling down just keep your head up to the sun because at the end of the day there's always better days to come...

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on Jan 27, 2015, 04:51 PM
I just got used to this change :( But it sounds like whatever is in store will be awesome. I look forward to looking at the new changes.
The theme will be changed out of necessity because it's no longer compatible with the new forum b version so not really because we wanted. I hope you guys will like the new theme it's much more aerated and professional

Posted using Tapatalk

Green_Giant

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 28, 2015, 09:27 PM
Quote from: Jyncs on Jan 27, 2015, 04:51 PM
The theme will be changed out of necessity because it's no longer compatible with the new forum b version so not really because we wanted. I hope you guys will like the new theme it's much more aerated and professional

Posted using Tapatalk
Weather it was forced or not, Fear has done great work on the forums in the past (with speeding it up etc.) so i'm sure this change will be great!