[Beta Test] Mario Kart Server (Minecraft)

Started by Towelie, Feb 01, 2015, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Feb 01, 2015, 04:01 PM Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015, 10:59 AM by Towelie

Beta Test Closed! Server will be added soon to lobby

Thank you for attending our public test for the Mario Kart server the other day!
We have now progressed into Beta stage for this server.

Changes since yesterday:
- Both maps have been widened
- Item drops have been re-distributed around the map, now with 3 in a row so everyone gets one
- Starting grid has been changed, it is now more fair towards those that start in the last positions (difference between first and last is just a row)
- Fixed problems with the economy plugin not letting players buy upgrades
- Work in progress on a third course - Rainbow Road
- Added various boosters and obstacles (IRON BLOCK = jump, GOLD BLOCK = slight boost, DIAMOND BLOCK = heavy boost, EMERALD_BLOCK = decrease speed
- Patched the courses with itemframes so races can no longer go out due to added jump blocks
- Gave the plugin and source to darknuju so he can fix some of the bugs/glitches present in the plugin

Thank you cloberrie and Lansdiinio  :heart:
We're inviting you to test and report any bugs you may find here. At the moment here are two fully implemented tracks.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: This server will be added to the lobby once it's done and most of the bugs are fixed.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

krankenstein20

this is the greatest thing EVER !!!!!!!!THANKS SO MUCH

JinxOnTheLoose

Feb 01, 2015, 05:07 PM #3 Last Edit: Feb 01, 2015, 05:13 PM by JinxOnTheLoose
One glitch that I have found is that you don't spawn into the minecraft sometimes. You can't right click it to get back in either.

Update: Another problem is that the boundaries aren't high enough. When leaping over a jump, you go outside the map.

Other than that, it's very fun :)

Cireshie

Feb 01, 2015, 05:42 PM #4 Last Edit: Feb 01, 2015, 06:10 PM by Cireshie
Quote from: JinxOnTheLoose on Feb 01, 2015, 05:07 PM
One glitch that I have found is that you don't spawn into the minecraft sometimes. You can't right click it to get back in either.

Update: Another problem is that the boundaries aren't high enough. When leaping over a jump, you go outside the map.

The only time I don't spawn in the cart is for the "Mushroom" track.
EDIT: To fix this, you respawn.
As for the other glitch, as I played earlier, Fooa must've went over the boundary in his cart. I believe it was on the Mushroom track.
EDIT: Jump pads on the Mushroom map make you fly out of the map which makes you have to respawn.

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Feb 01, 2015, 05:42 PM
Quote from: JinxOnTheLoose on Feb 01, 2015, 05:07 PM

The only time I don't spawn in the cart is for the "Mushroom" track.
As for the other glitch, as I played earlier, Fooa must've went over the boundary in his cart. I believe it was on the Mushroom track.
Would love if someone can pinpoint the cause of that problem. I am aware of the problem but I cannot reproduce it, let along fix it.

Barbacue2

I saw that big rainbow in the sky, I can't wait for new maps to be added :D

Jasper

Can we apply for a builder on tracks? If so I'd like to apply as a builder so I can have fun working on the tracks and so that we can have more in the long run! Btw I have 800+ total hours uptime on all SFT servers.

krankenstein20

Quote from: Jasper on Feb 01, 2015, 08:57 PM
Can we apply for a builder on tracks? If so I'd like to apply as a builder so I can have fun working on the tracks and so that we can have more in the long run! Btw I have 800+ total hours uptime on all SFT servers.

rainbow road ?!?!

Jasper

Idk what that meant Krank.  But If I'm not mistaken then they're trying to add a lot of tracks and the only one in development right now is Rainbow Road. I'd love to make a long track like Bowser's Castle because I think It'd be cool to see what you could really do with it.

krankenstein20

I meant is that supposed to be rainbow road

Towelie

We don't need track builders at this moment.
Rainbow Road is already in construction

Jasper

Awww. If you ever want help making tracks or designing anything in the future I'm glad to help!  :D

Towelie

everest_guy

Me too, if you need a track builder, i wanna apply. 500+ uptime.
I'm not lazy, I'm just on my energy saving mode.

Katherine

I typed /race join auto, it installed the textures and this happened... twice..

cloberrie

Quote from: Katherine on Feb 03, 2015, 07:37 PM

That happened to me before too, i just re-logged and it was fine.

Katherine

Quote from: cloberrie on Feb 03, 2015, 08:01 PM
Quote from: Katherine on Feb 03, 2015, 07:37 PM

That happened to me before too, i just re-logged and it was fine.
Re-logging did not fix this issue.

Green_Giant

When I try to join the server, it says "You are not whitelisted on this server".

Katherine

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 04, 2015, 11:44 PM
When I try to join the server, it says "You are not whitelisted on this server".
^

Cireshie

Did you try /kart in the lobby? It might have been moved to the lobby.

Green_Giant

Quote from: Cireshie on Feb 04, 2015, 11:49 PM
Did you try /kart in the lobby? It might have been moved to the lobby.
Tried both ip, and tried the lobby system but no avail.

Eternal_Jamie

http://www.superfuntime.org/forum/general-announcements/for-those-too-lazy-to-go-check-it-out/
From that it sounds like the test is over and it'll be added to the lobby soon in a "finished" state :P

Towelie