Apr 27, 2024, 05:52 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] You can now protect armor stands and item frames!

Started by Towelie, Feb 03, 2015, 04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Good news everyone! With the help of a new plugin, it is now fully safe to use Armor Stands and Item Frames!
However, you will have to protect your item frames and armor stands.

How to protect:
SHIFT + Left Click to protect/unprotect your armor stand / item frame

What does it protect?
It will protect the item frame / armor stand, as well as the item in it. It protects from mob damage / arrow damage / tnt damage / sword damage and so on.
In the event that they are some how destroyed, your armor stand / item frame and the items they contain will be automatically respawned at the next server restart (usually once / 24h)

Who can protect?
Any Member+ can protect their item frames / armor stands

Info about abuse
If you abuse this new feature (by placing protected item frames / armor stands on other player's properties), you will be punished. You will receive a timeban, and you will permanently lose the ability to protect item frames / armor stands.
NOTE: All mods+ can destroy all item frames / armor stands, regardless if they are protected or not. I have done this so it's easy to fight abuse.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

dokmosh

Fire_Lord_Nero

Item frames were not protected?..
Anyways glad i can use armourstands now!

Towelie

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Feb 03, 2015, 04:29 PM
Item frames were not protected?..
Anyways glad i can use armourstands now!
Nope, people could steal your item frame contents by shooting an arrow at them or via TNT

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

MomnDom

Oh gosh, I didn't think about anyone being able to steal from item frames and I put all my favorite things on there for display!! :fire:  oh well glad it's all good now!!  Thanks again towelie and team!! ;D

Tyvic

This is great :D I wonder what autoshop owners are thinking at the moment, cause they use item frames to display what the autoshop contains. :/

ryan_m004

Quote from: Tyvic on Feb 03, 2015, 08:39 PM
This is great :D I wonder what autoshop owners are thinking at the moment, cause they use item frames to display what the autoshop contains. :/
They create lag if I can remeber right :P
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Sparkle_Sun

Thank you! This is very helpful as I know many players display very valuable items like Steve Co. and custom items in item frames as well on armor stands.

Ultimatum599

I already had my armor stands disappear and they were protected so I don't think it totally works yet tow :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParisGrace

Yeah following Ulitimatums quote had my protected and bam gone with my dia armor noten I cando about now  :-\

Towelie

It will respawn at the next restart. Also, how did it dissapear? Are you sure it was protected? Because I've done extensive testing when adding the plugin and nothing seemed to work to break these things. And if they are killed by like /stoplag, they will respawn at a restart.