News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Emporium Price Changes

Started by Towelie, Feb 04, 2015, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xQuicScopex

Quote from: tobminer on Feb 07, 2015, 03:49 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 07, 2015, 03:47 PM
no i didnt ignore what you said i do see where youre comming from but im also looking at it from the newer players view and i used one item because i knew its value by heart since ive owned a spider spawner for awhile personally the money change doesnt affect me at all i never relied on my spawner for money it was there for other players to make money i actually made about 5 emp per item in all honesty and im willing to give change a try i have no problem there just worried about the newer players in how theyre gonna make money people like limax and ctyfrmr arent gonna be on sft forever so newer players are what is gonna run the economy one day when i joined i used a spawner for money and once i got started i didnt use a spawner anymore im just worried about new players xD and yes i know i repeated myself but i did hear you jamie and i do like change i just feel this was a bit sudden on the price drop but i also see tows point in helping the economy since spawner items are "spawned" in theres not much work to them

Just to clarify, Limax spent real money on about 150m of his emp.

i know this but still him and cty are the richest people on survival and both have autos that help players out

Ultimatum599

Actually talking to external Jamie here, the 2 other major ways of making money that required time and effort were mining and chopping trees and both of those were nerfed very hard as well. So I don't see a huge jump anywhere else and I have went through the whole emporium list :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGoldenKibby

Guys, they have an economy to fix. It's best to just let them figure it out and not interfere. I'm sure they have thought of every possible effect this change might have on the server.

Towelie

PS: These changes were made so we can start opening emp more and buying items from players.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

nachyo_cheese

What about farms? I know you all say about spanwers that the game is more than killing artificial mobs, but farms are really hard to maintain at times! Once you do, you make a bit of money more than you would constantly mining, etc, but they're a good source of income all the way down thre road  :jackolantern: :jackolantern: :jackolantern:

rhadoo13

It will be unpopular what I'm about to say, but I agree with the price changes for mob drops and congratulations to Towelie & team for this decision. The EMP finally buys garbage at garbage prices. There was no correlation between the effort spent getting the mob drops vs the money that you got from those things. It was way too easy to mindlessly click the right mouse button to make money, it started to resemble the annoying freemium games on mobile platforms.

The new players should do what each of us did before them: spawn in game, survive, build a house, mine, cut wood, kill stuff, farm and trade their extra stuff for whatever they need, build their megalomaniac structures :) etc etc, basically enjoying the game as it's intended and spend less time worrying about their virtual bank account or,as Towelie mentioned, to sit in one point and click away to safely kill spawned mobs, then sell the stuff in pursuit of the 'get rich on a minecraft server' mirage.

If you're interested in the trading aspect of the game, sell useful stuff, play with prices to attract buyers and sellers, you know, things that even in real life are applicable. It's not easy and that's good, because easy gets boring very fast. Good shops will continue to make money even with the price changes. Players really interested in trading will make money even without selling "potatoes" to the Emp. Take it as a challenge. You're smart & capable and you will figure it out, there is no doubt about it. We don't need shops (EMP included) that act as garbage dumps, we need shops that makes trading useful for all and not a grindfest or a race to find the next loophole at the EMP.

Spawners are still very useful, given the fact that you can get exp fast and you can enchant a lot of stuff, then sell them for a good amount of profit in your shop or on ml (I did the same thing and it works). Enchanted stuff is useful, chests full of mob loot are not (hint: around your spawner, place shops related to enchanted stuff). Don't be in such a hurry to burn/trade your spawner, they're still gold and the opportunity to make money with them is still there, just not with their loot.

And if someone's interested in the well-being of new players, then welcome them on the server, answer their questions, help them with building their house, give them starting materials, good tools, an armor, cash even (since profiting from their grinding was never the case and it was always about helping them getting starting cash ;)), make a public tree farm or a public wool farm (again, hint hint: safe place for them to harvest could help them get more stuff, with the extra maybe willing to sell). etc. There are still plenty of ways to help new players in game, even if the grinding option is out of the picture.  I'm sure new players will be fine.