Apr 27, 2024, 10:59 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] Emporium Price Changes

Started by Towelie, Feb 04, 2015, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

As of this moment you have until friday, the 6th of February 2014 to change the prices in your autoshop.
The Emporim Prices will be changed on the 7th of February (saturday).

Link to prices coming in effect: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f_hNZkGZy0i-sdKA1dXZ8VVH8u9iwbov9xM3TcEVEMs/edit?usp=sharing

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Jyncs

If anyone uses the Emp Caluclator that I created some time ago I will be updating the prices.

I might have to make a change to it as the structure of how they do the items now in MC has changed which  would cause it the program to fail.

Jyncs

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on Feb 04, 2015, 01:19 PM
If anyone uses the Emp Caluclator that I created some time ago I will be updating the prices.

I might have to make a change to it as the structure of how they do the items now in MC has changed which  would cause it the program to fail.

Jyncs
item id's still work

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Jyncs

Item 1 now has more added to them though with different prices. I think that is what might break the emp calculator. Without looking through all the old prices I think all items with the same base item id was the same price.

HappyNem

No worries, I'll update the one that I made, which is based of the list Towelie posted so it will update fine.

Jyncs

Mine is based off the same raw list as well.

I just updated the prices and it didn't break it. I couldn't remember how I programmed it but it appears I did a good job.

In case anyone wants to download it.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/96j2nwkodooypoc/Emporium_Calculator_3.1.jar

HappyNem

Quote from: mordalthunder on Feb 05, 2015, 05:58 PM
Hello guys and girls,

I created a EMP calculator on the website. You can check it out here.

http://www.superfuntime.org/empcalc

Features:
- Filter items
- Key combo's to increase or decrease by 1/32/64/640 items at the time.
- Should be easily updateable by owners/dev's
- Automatic EMP item calculations
- Resetting the calculator
- Can be found at: homepage -> About SFT -> EMP calculator

To-Do List:
- Add other servers
- Add checkbox for show only selling/buying items
- Restarting the Calculator just clears the items instead of page refresh
- Ability to show your current EMP balance as reference -> Linked to account ? no idea if possible.

Online and very nice, I'm not even going to update my old one, this is much easier.

Jyncs

Sorry, but that one looks ugly right now to me.

onionboys

So only way to buy / sell diamonds now is via diamond blocks? Thats 41k

HappyNem

Quote from: onionboyzz on Feb 06, 2015, 01:33 AM
So only way to buy / sell diamonds now is via diamond blocks? Thats 41k

No, you can do individual diamonds.

Quote from: Jyncs on Feb 06, 2015, 01:22 AM
Sorry, but that one looks ugly right now to me.

Everyone is a critic, but it was easier than having to down load anything and everyone can access it.

Jyncs

Coming from a job where we build and maintain Online applications and UI, its not being a critic its being truthful. As I said it looks ugly right now.

xQuicScopex

spawner items at 5 emp?.....bull shit there

Ultimatum599

Feb 07, 2015, 07:16 AM #12 Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015, 07:25 AM by Ultimatum599
So since you are making grinders almost irrelevant. Is there any way I can get something for the 40$ I spent on my two cave spider grinders? Don't really want them if a spider eye is going to sell for 5 emp...I know your going to say something like grinders are an easy source of income or you can get xp from them. But I am saying I am not satisfied with my purchase anymore and feel as if the grinders were not worth what I donated for.

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on Feb 06, 2015, 01:58 AM
Coming from a job where we build and maintain Online applications and UI, its not being a critic its being truthful. As I said it looks ugly right now.
This wasn't made as a commercial application though,  it's just a little utility to help people.

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 07, 2015, 06:20 AM
I understand that you are pissed but the economy is messed up badly mostly because of people with spawners abusing the system and abusing our kindess and willfulness to move their spawners and they now got quad spawners or worse, which weren't allowed before.e
Minecraft isn't about sitting in a room and killing artificially spawned monsters for profit.

Brightpkz

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 07, 2015, 07:58 AM
I understand that you are pissed but the economy is messed up badly mostly because of people with spawners abusing the system and abusing our kindess and willfulness to move their spawners and they now got quad spawners or worse, which weren't allowed before.e
Minecraft isn't about sitting in a room and killing artificially spawned monsters for profit.

So why isn't the people whom abused it punished, instead, lowering the prices is affecting everyone, including those whom moved their spawners fair and just and those whom goto the wilderness to kill mobs and level SFTMMO.

Tackling the spawner issue by lowering the prices doesn't seem fair to the people who follow the moving rules because now not only do they have to deal with less loots, they also have to deal with the already little amount of loots being pretty much worthless. So how are those people gonna like it? They followed the rules but they're gonna suffer the most...

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

xQuicScopex

im not pissed about it from my side me and FIREPROOF3167 (FIREDOOF3167) donated for the spawners at free exp and we bought the drops from players barely below emp value not to make us money but to give new players money to help fuel the economy so in my opinion this change hurts the economy in making new players have 1 less way to get some "easy" money and then start when i began sft i stayed at a spawner to get money to BUY other items not just to have emp but what can new players do now? im not saying your wrong on the other prices but the spawner drops ill admit needed to be lowered but to 5 emp? can we compensate somewhere? i know i pmd you tow and it seemed very aggressive but i apologize for that however i still do disagree with this price

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 07, 2015, 02:28 PM

im not pissed about it from my side me and FIREPROOF3167 (FIREDOOF3167) donated for the spawners at free exp and we bought the drops from players barely below emp value not to make us money but to give new players money to help fuel the economy so in my opinion this change hurts the economy in making new players have 1 less way to get some "easy" money and then start when i began sft i stayed at a spawner to get money to BUY other items not just to have emp but what can new players do now? im not saying your wrong on the other prices but the spawner drops ill admit needed to be lowered but to 5 emp? can we compensate somewhere? i know i pmd you tow and it seemed very aggressive but i apologize for that however i still do disagree with this price
I know that you disagree but it is needed to nerf the prices to fix a huge huge huge economy problem we have right now.
The alternative would be fully resetting everyone's balance. Bet you people wouldn't like that.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 07, 2015, 02:39 PM

I know that you disagree but it is needed to nerf the prices to fix a huge huge huge economy problem we have right now.
The alternative would be fully resetting everyone's balance. Bet you people wouldn't like that.

i know that too but still atm new players have it pretty hard starting out and making almost any money to actually spend this way i know of 4 different players that are now successful but started selling at free exp i know this isnt my server nor my decision i just ask if theres anything that can be done to compensate here not for me but for newer players to get their emp and start out on sft easier if people have to work too hard they will lose interest and then quit sft not everyone thinks that hard work is fun i personally enjoy a challenge but other players not so much

Eternal_Jamie

Feb 07, 2015, 03:26 PM #19 Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015, 03:29 PM by Eternal_Jamie
Grinders can still be profitable, if you feel drop prices are too low enchant stuff. With 1.8 that's a lot more viable. Still plenty other means to earn money as well which are more enjoyable than standing and clicking but still easy :p

xQuicScopex

i just think that it makes a good starting point for players i personally do not need the money i have an auto that makes money as well as having some sftmmo tools that helps me mine and get more drops but new players do not have this ability and so spawners were a good starting point for them but going from making 1000 from 8 eyes to 40 for 8 on them is pretty hard on them

tobminer

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 07, 2015, 02:39 PM

Okay, I do understand there may be a problem with the economy. What is the problem? You see many players with less then 1m atm and people with more then 1m hoard their money. They save it so they can buy something useful, and a lot of people have to open their own shop and make 100k/week. I also think that maybe it would have been useful to open emp a lot more often as I haven't seen emp open once this past week. Perhaps it was a few times, but what about the auto owners? You think we like buying garbage for 10 bucks a rotten flesh? Or 150-250 emp a spider eye? I think possibly the emp should have been open a little more so auto owners could sell their garbage fast, then they could feel good they made some money, not lose a fortune. A lot of auto owners will not be able to make money from this change since the prices have gone much too high. So once again, what is the economy problem? A lot of people are finding it hard to make money, so empbucks will be worth more, and auto owners will just keep losing money because there will be so much extra junk on the server that will be worth more at selling to autos then emp.

Just a thought, and I do know you will not change the emp prices, but please think about opening emp a bit more so people can adjust to this without losing a ton of money.

-Thanks

Eternal_Jamie

Feb 07, 2015, 03:41 PM #22 Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015, 03:48 PM by Eternal_Jamie
@XQs Okay ignore what I said and continue to focus on one price out of all of the prices that were changed. One way of making money was made less feasible, not all of them are gone and some things are more valuable now.

Just look at the bigger picture and give change a shot, always possible to revert back if the apocalypse is unleashed by this change lol

@Tobminer it's your choice to buy "garbage". As I know it's all pointless (never going to craft or resell it to anywhere bar emp) I don't buy it at my shop, if you hate being sold it that much why not do the same?

No idea how often emp is open these days but of course to an extent it'd be nicer to have it open more, but gotta think you (autoshop owners) buy stuff at lower prices then sell it onto the emp broadly speaking. So if it was open too often one would think people would be smart and cut out you, the middle man, and get more money :P

xQuicScopex

no i didnt ignore what you said i do see where youre comming from but im also looking at it from the newer players view and i used one item because i knew its value by heart since ive owned a spider spawner for awhile personally the money change doesnt affect me at all i never relied on my spawner for money it was there for other players to make money i actually made about 5 emp per item in all honesty and im willing to give change a try i have no problem there just worried about the newer players in how theyre gonna make money people like limax and ctyfrmr arent gonna be on sft forever so newer players are what is gonna run the economy one day when i joined i used a spawner for money and once i got started i didnt use a spawner anymore im just worried about new players xD and yes i know i repeated myself but i did hear you jamie and i do like change i just feel this was a bit sudden on the price drop but i also see tows point in helping the economy since spawner items are "spawned" in theres not much work to them

tobminer

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 07, 2015, 03:47 PM
no i didnt ignore what you said i do see where youre comming from but im also looking at it from the newer players view and i used one item because i knew its value by heart since ive owned a spider spawner for awhile personally the money change doesnt affect me at all i never relied on my spawner for money it was there for other players to make money i actually made about 5 emp per item in all honesty and im willing to give change a try i have no problem there just worried about the newer players in how theyre gonna make money people like limax and ctyfrmr arent gonna be on sft forever so newer players are what is gonna run the economy one day when i joined i used a spawner for money and once i got started i didnt use a spawner anymore im just worried about new players xD and yes i know i repeated myself but i did hear you jamie and i do like change i just feel this was a bit sudden on the price drop but i also see tows point in helping the economy since spawner items are "spawned" in theres not much work to them

Just to clarify, Limax spent real money on about 150m of his emp.