Apr 27, 2024, 07:18 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Pixelmon Beta Test

Started by Towelie, Feb 07, 2015, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

People of SFT, your help is needed!

There is a new Pixelmon version out there, and dpa is ready with the update, however, it needs EXTENSIVE TESTING before added on the live server. Some concerns caused us to not promote this as the default version and instead to make it a BETA version.
This is where you come in: we need your help testing this version. Dpa has put together a test server, so all you have to do is join this beta version, join the server found in favorites and report any major bugs you encounter in this thread.

PS: In the past, when asked not a lot of people have helped us but we really need it this time, so please, if you have 20 minutes free, we would really appreciate it and it's for the future of SFT!

How to join:
Step 1: Launch the Technic launcher
Step 2: Go to "Modpacks" and then select "SFT Pixelmon"
Step 3: On the top right of the launcher click on the little cog that says "Modpack options"
Step 4: Change to "Specific version" and select "3.4.0BETA" as depicted in the image below

NOTE: Dpa's internet is currently suspended (as he is moving in a new place) and he only has some 3G (phone) internet traffic (very little), so he can't come in-game / test himself due to that.
Report any big bugs that you encounter (and are not present on the normal server) here.
PS: You will have your real pokemon on this test server but they will not sync to the real server. So basically you can use them for testing.

To join the live server, you will have to switch the option back to "Recommended Version" else you won't be able to join the normal SFT Pixelmon server!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

Does the test server have the same plugins?

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Feb 07, 2015, 09:21 AM
more or less yes.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

stormshooter

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 07, 2015, 09:23 AM
more or less yes.
In this case, protections(regions) aren't working. Commands like /god and /fly don't work either.
EDIT: The rankup plugin doesn't seem to be working either. However prefix's remain the same.

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Feb 07, 2015, 09:24 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 07, 2015, 09:23 AM
more or less yes.
In this case, protections(regions) aren't working. Commands like /god and /fly don't work either.
EDIT: The rankup plugin doesn't seem to be working either. However prefix's remain the same.
We are looking strictly into pixelmon mod bugs.
Ignore any problems related to other plugins.

stormshooter

krankenstein20

fire spread is on
ice to water is on
no protections
tnt explode on

before i blow up any more of my house will we get all of our stuff back as in it there a world save? so we can brake what we want and it will be ok? also can we grief :3

Nubbun

Feb 07, 2015, 10:41 AM #7 Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015, 12:23 PM by magl2904
Quote from: krankenstein20 on Feb 07, 2015, 10:14 AM
fire spread is on
ice to water is on
no protections
tnt explode on

before i blow up any more of my house will we get all of our stuff back as in it there a world save? so we can brake what we want and it will be ok? also can we grief :3

That's normal when there is beta testing I guess it would be to much pointless work to set all protections into a server where all the protection owners won't play on and yes that server doesn't convert to real server xP besides with all that on it gives chance to check if they can be used for somthin  xP

Post Merge: Feb 07, 2015, 11:04 AM

But one thing they should add to next beta is the option to move from world to world since it would be hard~ to test it while you're stuck in w2 or w1 since no pokes spawn there xP
Ofc those who are stuck can just test on single player xP

Post Merge: Feb 07, 2015, 12:23 PM

*Leaf ores still miscolored

*Dusk ores look like stone act like stone (turn to cobble when broken)

*status still affects if poke dies during battle

*Swagger is broken i think or maybe i have bad luck with that move since all the times ive used it it will tell that the poke is confused' uses attack' poke is confused ' uses attack till i lose xP

*Sometimes when you throw first pokeball during battle it makes a little troll where it still shows the pokemon move around without going into the ball

*TMs still sometime glitch and let you get the same move 3 times or if you add it 1 time and cancel 2nd time it asks you then you get to keep the TM

*Revives can get you SIB when you use em in a battle and then click back till you get to pick move (try to trick the revive so you get to revive your poke and get a hit in same time)

but yea nothin seems to be dangerously glitched as far as ive checked

\(◎o◎)/

Towelie

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Feb 07, 2015, 10:14 AM
fire spread is on
ice to water is on
no protections
tnt explode on

Beta test server.
Just ignore plugin related problems, we only care about modpack related problems.

flamingcreeper28

The beta update corrupted my modpack and i cant play it any more and SFT pixelmon is my favorite server.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

BlueHaze33

IamHerrow

I might give it a go when i am done recording and look for some bugs that were not noted here.

krankenstein20

Quote from: BlueHaze33 on Feb 07, 2015, 03:52 PM
whats the server ip

its automoatically on the multi player bit

Towelie

Come on guys, please, we need more testers and more bugs. The future of SFT Pixelmon depends on this!

Zesty

im not sure if it is just my computer or if its a bug or something but ever since i joined the beta server when ever i join the normal 1 my game freezes and i have to restart my computer
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Towelie

When you join the normal server you are using the normal version and not the beta right?

Zesty

yeah i found out how to fix it i just cant use the HD version anymore
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

DeltaCosmic

Quote from: flamingcreeper28 on Feb 07, 2015, 03:49 PM
The beta update corrupted my modpack and i cant play it any more and SFT pixelmon is my favorite server.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
uninstall then install ....
and if you have worlds here is how you save them
go into your folder then click the top bar(or the specific search bar) type %appdata%
click on .technic then click modpacks, next you wanna go into the sft modpack and click saves, put your worlds in a usb(or such) or drag them onto your desktop, after uninstalling just do everything i said above but drag them into saves instead. not sure if there is a easier way but i have this problem all the time and i have no issue fixing stuff like that.
Note: this is windows only

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

Nubbun

Quote from: TheCosmicHero on Feb 08, 2015, 07:36 PM
Quote from: flamingcreeper28 on Feb 07, 2015, 03:49 PM
uninstall then install ....
and if you have worlds here is how you save them
go into your folder then click the top bar(or the specific search bar) type %appdata%
click on .technic then click modpacks, next you wanna go into the sft modpack and click saves, put your worlds in a usb(or such) or drag them onto your desktop, after uninstalling just do everything i said above but drag them into saves instead. not sure if there is a easier way but i have this problem all the time and i have no issue fixing stuff like that.
Note: this is windows only

On Mac
Open up your Go menu>Folder...>Type: ~/Library/Application Support > .technic> modpacks>sft-pixelmon>make a copy of saves on desktop or usb

\(◎o◎)/