Apr 28, 2024, 07:23 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[AU News] Cyclones battering Australian coast bring ‘Sharknado’ to life

Started by lioneatszebra, Feb 20, 2015, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lioneatszebra

Cyclones battering Australian coast bring 'Sharknado' to life as locals find shark washed up on beach
From National Post

Two tropical cyclones in Australia have brought the campy film Sharknado to life, with residents in Lennox Head in New South Wales waking up Friday to the sight of a shark washed up on the beach after a stormy night.

A photo of the shark made the rounds on Australian TV and on social media Friday in the aftermath of Cyclone Marcia and Cyclone Lam, which battered the country's east and north coasts and caused widespread property damage, as well as flooding and power outages in some communities.

Victor Leto, who posted the photo of the big fish on Facebook, said it was about four feet in length and likely of the dusky shark species.

Australians had braced for the worst as the two severe tropical cyclones lashed the country's north and east coasts.

Cyclone Marcia made landfall as a category 5, with winds gusting up to 170 kilometres an hour, according to Australia's Bureau of Meteorology.

To the north, Cyclone Lam crossed the Northern Territory coast as a category 4 system, the bureau said. It has since been downgraded to a category 1 storm.

There have been no deaths or injuries as a result of the storms.
brb, living offline

ryan_m004

Update on the Cyclones:
Power is being restored, the army is doing a massive clean up, schools are starting to re open, water supply is being fixed, no deaths occurred, authority's are assessing damage and the damage bill/cost, the flood water is receding.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

CleverWhale

Sharknado... that film is Soo unrealistic XD but seeing this just makes it even more amusing. My father told me that they blew up the tornado in the first sharknado movie. And, is it just me , but I think the Sharks may possibly die in that tornado and honestly, the animations ar every poor. Anyway, why am I now giving a review of that movie? :/
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)