Apr 27, 2024, 11:47 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Pixelmon] Pokemon disappearing and duping issue

Started by Dpa1991, Feb 22, 2015, 07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Hey guys,

I'm sure some of you have noticed lately that there has been an increase in glitches from pokemon duping or just plain out vanishing. This is a glitch in the Pixelmonmod itself and is hard to tackle because its seemingly random so it can't be reproduced.

This is not unique to our server, it affects all servers running Pixelmon. We can't refund everyones pokemon as we can't verify everyone's claims as to what they had and lost. However if you are having issues with any purchased Pokemon send me a forum PM and I will look into it. Please understand I am currently very busy and have almost no free time so it will take 48-72 hours to be looked into.

We're sorry for the inconveniences but with Forge mods there is bugs to be expected -- especially in a mod of this size.

onionboys

PieFlavor

i just hope the bug is gone soon until something goes completly wrong  :-\

rosslegends

So basically there's no point in playing because at any second the Pokemon you spent months training could go poof and nothing can be done about it because we might be lying? Now you wonder why the server is dying down and people who love it stop playing it out of sheer frustration. I've lost Pokemon twice now and this time it was two shiny starters and my lucky egg. Now i'm being told nothing can be done about it because i might be a liar. Thanks i appreciate the great treatment others are getting. I'm pretty sure you are suppose to help the players not assume they are liars.

krankenstein20

phew good thing ive taken a break from pixelmon and tried more surival :)

Dpa1991

Feb 22, 2015, 08:56 AM #5 Last Edit: Feb 22, 2015, 09:15 AM by Dpa1991
Quote from: rosslegends on Feb 22, 2015, 07:31 AM
So basically there's no point in playing because at any second the Pokemon you spent months training could go poof and nothing can be done about it because we might be lying? Now you wonder why the server is dying down and people who love it stop playing it out of sheer frustration. I've lost Pokemon twice now and this time it was two shiny starters and my lucky egg. Now i'm being told nothing can be done about it because i might be a liar. Thanks i appreciate the great treatment others are getting. I'm pretty sure you are suppose to help the players not assume they are liars.

Must be nice to be young and naive to think everyone in the world is honest.

There has always been bugs with pixelmon, some even more severe than this. Don't like it? Don't play pixelmon -- anywhere. This problem is not unique to SFT and affects all pixelmon servers.

Towelie

Quote from: rosslegends on Feb 22, 2015, 07:31 AM

#1 These bugs are not from our server and from Pixelmon Mod, which we do not offer support for.
#2 We are replacing people's lost pokemon as a courtesy and not because we have to
#3 We are only replacing pokemons for players that have proof. Why? Because everyone lies and it's impsosible to know whether you are lying or not (no offense, you might not be lying, you might be a great guy but there's just no way of knowing on the itnernet).

In consequence, nobody is accusing you of anything, we are just trying  to help players while not letting ourselves get fooled into spawning pokemons for players

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

daplaya

To be honest it would be better to let 80 people get back their Pixelmon and 5 People that lied get some rather than let no one get them back.

Loasty

Major suggestion.  Next time everyone is in game; Take screen shots of each of your pokemon.  If you have screenshot proof of them being with you in the server; Im sure we could help replace some of them :)   We have always stated such but in this case it would be more apperent
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

YoAdrienne

Quote from: daplaya on Feb 22, 2015, 01:47 PM
To be honest it would be better to let 80 people get back their Pixelmon and 5 People that lied get some rather than let no one get them back.

But It could 5 honest people out of 80. So that'd be 75 who lied. You just never know on the internet.
Like frosty said we need proof.

krankenstein20

UnitedWeDance

I went in my PC last night and screen shotted each page, it will be at least a little help, and to go in to get the proof, makes it much easier if it just happens with no proof.

Dpa1991

Even with proof, that isn't definitive. What if you screenshot your level 100 shiny mew with perfect EV's and then trade to an alt or your friend for a level 3 pidgey? You show me a screenshot and now you have two perfect mews. If we had trade logs from trading machines -- it'd be a lot easier, but we dont.

Jasper

Does this bug affect people who don't come on the server?

UnitedWeDance

Feb 23, 2015, 05:05 AM #14 Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015, 05:24 AM by UnitedWeDance
It effects people randomly, and seems to effect certain people most often and for an unknown reason, you really won't know unless you come on and check your team/pc.   We understand your frustration and appreciate your patients.    Nothing lasts forever, and it will hopefully hopefully be fixed soon.

hieperboy

i don't have lost pokemon but 19 rare candy's and 1 masterball. i hav claim this when i had buy premium and when i come online the server chrases in 1 hour. when i come back the rare candy's and masterball was gone.

krankenstein20

is this still an issue if not i just wasted 15 minutes recording all of em

budderboy151

Well I Only Lost 2 pokemon My Infernape and Chimchar

Nubbun

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Mar 01, 2015, 08:57 AM
is this still an issue if not i just wasted 15 minutes recording all of em
yup this is still a thing

\(◎o◎)/

Towelie

Nothing we can do about it until Pixelmon Mod fixes this. So until there's a Pixelmon Mod update, we will not be able to fix the bug.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796