Pixelmon -- Info on update to mc 1.8

Started by Dpa1991, Mar 15, 2015, 04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Pix devs just released a public beta for 1.8 (Expect a lot of bugginess) so I'm going to make a test client (will be added to the launcher soon) I decided to include a list of mods that are currently updated to 1.8 and which ones we will be leaving/dropping on the update. (This wont happen for a long time, but its a WIP)

Mods:

Pixelmon - Updated, in beta
Treecapitator - Updated
Statues - Abandoned, wont be updated
BiblioCraft - Not updated
Carpenter Blocks - Not going to update to 1.8, will be dropped
Chisel2 - Not updated
Colorblocks - Not updated (Probably not really used either) will be dropped
CustomNPCS - Updated, but in alpha
Familiars/fam packs - Not updated
Hats mod - Not updated
Inventory Tweaks - Not updated
IronChests2 - Updated
MrCrayFish Furniture mod - Updated, alpha (Author doesnt seem very active though so Im not sure how stable)
Sync - Not updated (Not really used either)
WAWLA - Not updated
WAILA - Not updated
NEI - Updated
HoloInv - Not updated

For your carpenter blocks, when we update they will be deleted from the world. If you have any valuable blocks inside a carpenter frame it's suggested you remove them and keep them to strictly wood/cheap blocks. The mod author refuses to update to 1.8. Other than that, we can almost update to 1.8 -- Chisel would be the only mod holding us up from updating the client.

The server update gets a bit tricky as we need to wait for Sponge, which hasnt proven its worth yet. We can't run the server without plugins. So the Client is making some progress but the server.... Thats going to be another story

garow93

Awesome. Good to see that the pix devs have gotten something out for us to work with.

Eternal_Jamie

Good luck, sounds like a metric shit ton more work for you. Good to see the pix devs sticking with keeping up with mc versions though.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Mar 15, 2015, 04:24 AM
Good luck, sounds like a metric shit ton more work for you. Good to see the pix devs sticking with keeping up with mc versions though.

It's going to be a lot of work, more than I really feel like doing to be honest. Kinda wish they'd stick with 1.7, 1.8 adds like what, bunnys?

ryan_m004

Wow! Good luck, shout out if you need a hand! :)
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Odeteka

Ouch on the carpenter blocks, that really sucks, I love them.  Besides that, it looks like a ton of work and as always I, for one, greatly appreciate all that you do for the Pixelmon server :)  Thanks dap!

Loasty

Sucks to hear that colour blocks would be dropped D:  I use them all the time in my builds :P
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

krankenstein20

i think people will be annoyed about hats, familliars and i for one will be very upset if chsiel goes cause thats like half of my house infact oretty much everything i built is with chisel

Dpa1991

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Mar 15, 2015, 08:36 AM
i think people will be annoyed about hats, familliars and i for one will be very upset if chsiel goes cause thats like half of my house infact oretty much everything i built is with chisel

Hats/familiars isnt something that needs to be updated right away. IF  we update to 1.8 and those mods arent ready at that moment, when they are -- we can re-add them and keep old data.

Chisel, I'm not sure if its going to update, didnt see any signs of an update to 1.8 or mentions by the mod author, but we'll see.

Zesty

Personally i think just scrap the idea... I remember talking to Dpa1991 about this and how if it was to update to 1.8 a lot of players will just quit but in saying that if pixelmon is updated to 1.8 then all other updates of it will also, so this is my idea... Why don't you scrap the idea of updating it intill the majority of the mods are 1.8 instead of only having a couple of mods come over wait in-till more come. But with that said it would be nice to have a complete turn and get rid of the mods that haven't updated, and either have a much smaller less laggier modpack or add in other new mods for people to enjoy. But as always it is just a suggestion :)
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

stormshooter

The problem is, most people are looking at the downside of updating.
Yes, we will lose a couple of mods, but we will most likely gain quite a few too.

Tombo_

Quote from: TeraStorm on Mar 15, 2015, 12:12 PM
Yes, we will lose a couple of mods, but we will most likely gain quite a few too.

Couldn't agree more. There'll no doubt be more great mods that we can add to the pack to make it even more fun. Players can also suggest mods in the pixelmon section of the forums.

Nubbun

Quote from: quadkaiden on Mar 15, 2015, 12:08 PM
Personally i think just scrap the idea... I remember talking to Dpa1991 about this and how if it was to update to 1.8 a lot of players will just quit but in saying that if pixelmon is updated to 1.8 then all other updates of it will also
True that some players might leave but a lot will also join since its a brad new update so many peops will hopefully be curious to see what the update is like and such
+
As they other said the other mods can be added when/if they update and a lot of other new mods can have the chance to join it :)

-side note-
Peops who have chiseled blocks should consider making em normal for the future xP

\(◎o◎)/

Jasper

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Mar 15, 2015, 04:18 AM

The mod author refuses to update to 1.8. Other than that, we can almost update to 1.8 -- Chisel would be the only mod holding us up from updating the client.

The server update gets a bit tricky as we need to wait for Sponge, which hasnt proven its worth yet. We can't run the server without plugins. So the Client is making some progress but the server.... Thats going to be another story
About the Carpenter's Blocks Mod author not wanting to update, Notch said he'd never agree to Microsoft's bs, and look where that got him, sitting in a huge mansion with 2 Billion dollars in his wallet, so you can see how fast he contradicted himself. Even if the original author of Carpenter Blocks Author isn't going to update, seeing how popular the mod is, maybe someone else will  pick up where he left off.

As for Sponge, I'm confused as to why we can't use Spigot 1.8, since I'm pretty nooby at servers, and why we have to use Sponge.

treesmash0907

Dpa1991, I Am Concerned If We Do Update The Modpack To 1.8 That Most Players Will Stop Playing It Because 1.8 Is Super Laggy For Modpacks And Just 1.8 In Genreal, And Most Of People Made House Out Of Carpenters Blocks.

-Tree

platerfin

Plus the lag will go down for you guys

krankenstein20

Quote from: platerfin on Apr 15, 2015, 08:35 PM
Plus the lag will go down for you guys
For god sake stop doing this bumping topics that are months old

BioPh33r

Kran kby posting and like i am were pretty much bumping this also. think bout it