Apr 27, 2024, 09:15 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Towny World

Started by Towelie, Mar 17, 2015, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Thanks to Dpa, we are now close to adding a Towny World to survival.
Dpa has taken time to add and configure the Towny plugin to a test server of ours. camster is in charge of building a spawn town on the towny world and we will soon add it (we cannot guarantee a date at this time).

How will this work:
- A new world will be added. World4 (/w4 or /towny)
- The Towny plugin will be added and set to work only on this world and not existing ones
- The PvP plugin will be set to not moderate PvP on this new world
- World1 and World2 will remain towny-free worlds, and the gaming world as well
- Participating in the new World/Towny is completely optional!

What will the prices be?
- The prices will be somewhat prohibitive. We are trying to make this an exclusive world. Expect prices of 700k+ for creating a town.

What will the rules be?
- The world will be un-moderated. Anything but the chat will be un-moderated.
- You can participate for fame and glory, or just as a peaceful town. For a certain fee, you can be a peaceful town
- We will drastically punish any drama/issues that arise from people being sore losers

Want to be prepared? Watch this video!:

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Stinistar

cooooool potatoes! Can't wait to see how the new world turn out. Hopefully there will be alot of awesome towns with beautiful buildings :)

Green_Giant

Ahh Towny, seems like it's finally becoming a reality after all this time. I hope it all works out!

Cbossminer

How big are the Plots gonna be?

brotherband

Thanks dpa!!! Been waiting for this for ages!

Cr1_98

Very cool!  :D
It will be great to see this added.

wfi974

This looks cool! however, ill probably not join that world due to it being possibly pvp intensive :P

TheMop123

This is amazing! Been waiting for this for a while now - Huge thanks to Dpa and Towelie for finally enabling this to happen!
I better start saving up some money so that I can start a peaceful town! ;)
~Mop  :mushroom:

dvbis

tobminer

Will there be resets every 6 months or so?

Jasper

Quote from: Cbossminer on Mar 17, 2015, 07:28 PM
How big are the Plots gonna be?

Plots are one chunk, or 16 blocks x 16 blocks. You can list more than one at a time adjacent to one another, and then they people can claim them together and they'll essentially act as one plot

Xerxers1

I am interested to see whether the majority of people stay peaceful or not... And also interested to see some of the cool towns that are sure to pop up from this.

Eternal_Jamie

Reading through it again I'm still not sure why do the whole pvp thing and make it competitive. Do people want that out of a town world? I presumed people wanted a world where they could make towns on a larger scale, organise them far easier and without worrying about resets, maybe I'm wrong though.

Couldn't it just be set up so folk can make a town, no one's running around killing each other or trying to make life harder for other towns as standard rather than as an optional extra. I mean, we have factions which offers all that.

TheGoldenKibby

I think the idea would work better as it's own server. If it did, it may not get as many people, but at least you wouldn't have people that have millions of EMP dominating people who barely managed to get 700k EMP.

Lazy_0ne

Interested to see how this turns out, looks cool so far!

Green_Giant

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Mar 18, 2015, 03:27 AM
I think the idea would work better as it's own server. If it did, it may not get as many people, but at least you wouldn't have people that have millions of EMP dominating people who barely managed to get 700k EMP.
I don't see why there should be any kind of "competition" in a towny world. In my opinion, this should just be a place where people can chill out and build towns. Nobody should be competing for land, or trying to kill eachother for whatever reason. I see this turning into the rage and anger that is factions, rather than a chilled out place on the survival server where people can talk, build and chill out. This way new, poorer players can be equal among the richer and older ones. I think it's best if we disable PVP. Just my thoughts.

MasterX70

Mar 18, 2015, 08:36 AM #16 Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015, 08:41 AM by MasterX70
I'd imagine that folks won't be able to bring their items from W1 and W2 into this world. (sort of like how Mob Arena works) Would this be correct?

goldennuggets10

Mar 18, 2015, 09:24 AM #17 Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015, 09:28 AM by goldennuggets10
Thanks for this video helped heaps feeling inspired. looking forward to the amazing builds  :)

Towelie

Quote from: MasterX70 on Mar 18, 2015, 08:36 AM
I'd imagine that folks won't be able to bring their items from W1 and W2 into this world. (sort of like how Mob Arena works) Would this be correct?
Items will circulate freely between worlds. Initially we will allow pvp on the world but if too much drama/issues arise from this, we will just disable pvp and have towny act just as a town management plugin

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

ryan_m004

Quote from: Towelie on Mar 18, 2015, 09:55 AM
Items will circulate freely between worlds. Initially we will allow pvp on the world but if too much drama/issues arise from this, we will just disable pvp and have towny act just as a town management plugin
I don't think PVP should be enabled so the dramas can be avoided from the start
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Tyvic

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Mar 18, 2015, 10:14 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Mar 18, 2015, 09:55 AM
I don't think PVP should be enabled so the dramas can be avoided from the start

Exactly! You know now new players are like when they get killed.  ::)

rhadoo13

With PVP on, the whole plugin could be interesting, in the end your town + members should be a safe haven for you from other perils, and there's no greater peril in game than other players. It could spice up a little the gameplay and it can be a stimulant to other players to live in a town and cooperate with each other. The in-game monsters are not a danger enough for you to wear triple-enchanted diamond armor or to cooperate with someone else to survive in the same town.

We can already build peacefully on the normal worlds, without anything new the plugin is useless. And I think that's the whole idea of the Towny plugin, build together, survive together, prosper together (and tax the hell out of the peasants until they revolt on you  :)).

That being said, as a small compromise, maybe killed players should be allowed to keep their inventory upon death (or maybe keep your armor set + what's in the hotbar, some loot should go to the one that killed you, or the killer gets a nametag with the name of the killed person). We had something like this on B&B and it was fun, we could PVP as much as we wanted to, but no one lost anything worth crying about. Players get upset when they lose all their stuff and less about the fact that they got killed.

Even with this option, I'm 100% that someone will get butthurt and start to complain (cue drama) and the same thing happened on B&B as well. The PVP option, which was enjoyed by 90% of that server, got turned off because of some dudes that got killed and that upset their stomach contents. It's nice to listen to the community and we respect the owners for doing that, but sometimes the owners / managers need to tell the community to deal with it and move on (or let the drama unravel, right now survival minecraft is boring as hell, a little bit of spanish soap opera would be interesting  :P).

Also, dynamite will be disabled? (i hope it will be).

goldennuggets10

I do agree that PVP would be fun but there should be the option for it as not everyone enjoys PVP and they will be the ones complaining.

Towelie

- IF we do enable PvP it will be full PvP with item loss. I don't see the purpose of allowing the players to keep their inventory.
- The town mayor gets the choice whether they want to make their town a Friendly town (no PvP)_ or a pvp town. So you do have a choice whether you want to pvp or not.

Long Goner

I could really use Towny on Pixelmon so my town doesn't go poof when the reset comes.