[Pixelmon] Helper rank?

Started by Dpa1991, Jan 16, 2016, 05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

I'd like to work on adding a new rank to Pixelmon, it will not quite be a staff rank but will be a rank where you are required to help players if you wish to hold the rank.

The rank will have special permissions such as:
  • Ability to TP to players
  • Ability to /talk
  • Ability to warp players to warps (help areas/spawn etc)
  • More to come as I think of them

It should go without saying, but anything abused by obtaining this rank will result in a demotion and ban from ever obtaining a special rank in the future.

To get this rank you just need to pass a test, know how to claim your own region and be able to teach players to claim their own.

What are your opinions on this, would you be interested in such a rank?

Khaled

Would it affect being as a normal staff? For example a player got helper rank, will they ever get Jmod? Or its a chance, I don't really know iam just curious here :)

Lucazade13

Also a suggestion maybe mod plus from other servers can get the helper rank? So they can help other players in chat.

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

stormshooter

Lets go bois #Tera4Helper support the campaign and you get a free sticker.

Aymaneto

Quote from: Khaled on Jan 16, 2016, 05:23 PMWould it affect being as a normal staff? For example a player got helper rank, will they ever get Jmod? Or its a chance, I don't really know iam just curious here :)
Not really sure about this one, maybe it's up to the higher staff to decide
EDIT: I think it's a wonderful idea ;)

Green_Giant

It seems like the people who would qualify for this would qualify for staff, and so might aswell become a JMod instead. What's the benefits of choosing to become this rank over JMod?

stormshooter

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jan 16, 2016, 06:03 PMIt seems like the people who would qualify for this would qualify for staff, and so might aswell become a JMod instead. What's the benefits of choosing to become this rank over JMod?
Maybe not so harsh uptime requirements?

Dpa1991

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jan 16, 2016, 06:03 PMWhat's the benefits of choosing to become this rank over JMod?

JMods have more requirements such as settling disputes with players, determining who griefed who and who stole what. This rank is strictly for helping players with questions such as how to protect their homes, useful locations on the server etc

Also this rank would have no uptime requirements, only requirement is that the helper actually helps when they are online.

Khaled

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 16, 2016, 06:10 PM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Jan 16, 2016, 06:03 PMWhat's the benefits of choosing to become this rank over JMod?

JMods have more requirements such as settling disputes with players, determining who griefed who and who stole what. This rank is strictly for helping players with questions such as how to protect their homes, useful locations on the server etc

Also this rank would have no uptime requirements, only requirement is that the helper actually helps when they are online.

So being a helper meams higher chance of becoming Jmods? If so then players would all become helpers first? Or its a bit where helpers never get Jmod, can you please explain the relation between players becoming helpers and Jmods? :heart:

onionboys

Seems like just more work then needed, cant normal people already just answer questions and help with homes

stormshooter

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jan 16, 2016, 06:23 PMSeems like just more work then needed, cant normal people already just answer questions and help with homes
Humans can be naturally selfish, they have no motivation to actually do it. If you go on pix you'd be surprised at the amount of people who are willing to do so.

iLaxrv10

I think that this is a great idea! Some people are just overthinking it maybe? Nonetheless, I think it should be added and players who play the server would earn it, people who play the server, not Mod+ on other servers.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Leafwhisker

I think it's a pretty neat idea for those who enjoy helping players but are afraid of/don't want the responsibilities of a full staff rank.

Dpa1991

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jan 16, 2016, 06:23 PMSeems like just more work then needed, cant normal people already just answer questions and help with homes

Normal players can help, but as a helper we can provide them with tools to make helping more efficient.

Stariieyed

Quote from: Leafwhisker on Jan 16, 2016, 07:27 PMI think it's a pretty neat idea for those who enjoy helping players but are afraid of/don't want the responsibilities of a full staff rank.
I agree, it'll also help with a time when there are little to no staff on cause a helper could take on someone who needs help with
a protection, for example.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Khaled on Jan 16, 2016, 06:16 PM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 16, 2016, 06:10 PM

So being a helper meams higher chance of becoming Jmods? If so then players would all become helpers first? Or its a bit where helpers never get Jmod, can you please explain the relation between players becoming helpers and Jmods? :heart:

Being a helper would likely increase your chances at a JMod, but this rank would not fall under the same hierarchy as staff ranks. Players suggested for staff will go straight to JMod not helper.

onionboys

would they not be able to ban

Zesty

I feel like this rank has been needed for awhile, there are some people, who are great helpers who i just can't see them being staff tho, this rank gives them the chance to help out more effectively tho! As for the end of your post, I myself would love to have the chance to become helper! I might even start doing competitions and such, and since factions was shut down, I might just start playing Pixelmon full time again :D

*Note I am not asking for the rank, just stating I wouldn't decline it ;)*
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Stariieyed

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jan 16, 2016, 10:56 PMwould they not be able to ban
Its not a staff rank, so staff commands such as banning or kicking wouldn't be available

Dpa1991

Quote from: Dusk_Magician on Jan 17, 2016, 12:07 AM*Note I am not asking for the rank, just stating I wouldn't decline it ;)*

The helper rank would most likely be a rank you apply for and then your application will be reviewed.

Zesty

Hmh, I understand not being able to ban but kicks, are more than just a staff command especially on Pixelmon, it is very easy to be Sib or stuck in something and need to be kicked, along with just client problems, so I feel like /kick would be an essential command :) Also I like the idea of the application c:
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

misspiggy95

Quote from: Dusk_Magician on Jan 17, 2016, 12:38 AMHmh, I understand not being able to ban but kicks, are more than just a staff command especially on Pixelmon, it is very easy to be Sib or stuck in something and need to be kicked, along with just client problems, so I feel like /kick would be an essential command :) Also I like the idea of the application c:
I dont agree with them having the power to kick people.
Frankly that is something that should be left in staff hands, and if needed the staff can step in for that and help. Those type of things dont happen to often, as I have maybe seen it maybe once or twice while I have been staff
Not something entirely common/no need for a helper to have that power.

Melons are love. Melons are life

SnipeMasterShark

I kind of support this. I have never wanted to be staff, because I don't want to deal with the confrontation with all the gritty stuff of being staff, and I don't really like the coordination of being in a staff "team" per se, I am a bit of a loner. But I am always happy to help in chat where I can, and wouldn't mind something like this.

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 16, 2016, 06:26 PM
Humans can be naturally selfish, they have no motivation to actually do it. If you go on pix you'd be surprised at the amount of people who are willing to do so.

In principal I agree with onion, but in practice its a bit more disappointing. Most likely though the people that will get this rank would do it anyway. But this might motivate new players to really learn things about the server

Dpa1991

Quote from: Dusk_Magician on Jan 17, 2016, 12:38 AMHmh, I understand not being able to ban but kicks, are more than just a staff command especially on Pixelmon, it is very easy to be Sib or stuck in something and need to be kicked, along with just client problems, so I feel like /kick would be an essential command :) Also I like the idea of the application c:

For people stuck in battles, use the command /endbattle

ryano2002