[Survival] The Unpopular Update

Started by Towelie, Jul 09, 2015, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jul 09, 2015, 08:11 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2015, 08:33 PM by Towelie
- Money transaction tax increased to 10% from 8% (I announced when we increased it to 8% that the goal is to get to 10%. I believe this is a good level and I don't see the need to further increase it from 10%)
- GlobalMarket limited to 20 sales / player
- Globalmarket sell tax raised from 5% to 10% (this makes it a total of 15% tax with the 5% listing fee)
- Lottery payout was reduced to 60% (from 65%). This means 40% of the money being played will now be drained from the economy
- Disabled SteveCo Crates 1-20 from being dropped by the SteveCo Plugin. Only crates 21-37 will drop now!
- Updated vote rewards to contain only SteveCo Crates 21+
- Reduced SteveCo drop frequency from 45 min to 30min
- We are currently discussion (Donator boards) whether to increase the autoshop tax from 10% to 12% or 15%. The donating players will have this vote seing as autoshops are a donator item.
- Added fwride to /guishop for 2.5 mil

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MrEpicWonder

Oh dear god, rip our money from taxes.
:sadface:

whai towelie y u do dis
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

GRIMI_

How come I don't have access to donator board anymore? I've donated for fly and badges and auto shop perms. I'd like to be able to vote :)

I personally believe that these fixes wont help the problem in the end, and instead the only real solution is a full reset. Probably not a popular idea atm, but eventually it'll come to it. Problem is- richest people have so much money that its impossible to get it off them like this. Also, those who have stockpiled early steve.co crates will become even richer due to them no longer dropping, and prices rising. The lottery thing won't take money from the richest, because those who have a lot of money, don't gamble it all away like that, and even if they did, It'd take thousands of lotteries to bring them down to average wealth. cty has roughly 250000000. Maximum spend per lottery is 40000. It will take ~6250 lotteries to bring him to 0, and that's if he never wins.

I know from experience, as we've been trying to fix the SFT economy since before even 2011. Every fix is temporary, because of the way money is generated by the emp. The longest lasting fix was the full reset as it put everyone on level terms again. If a full reset was to occur, I would suggest looking at the prices for items, as they have been affected by the damaged economy.

Its0nlyJames

Okay, just to give everyone a bit of reassurance, Towelie isn't doing this to steal all of your money, he is actually doing it to help you guys :D The taxes help the economy stay stable and so that the server can stay as it is for longer periods of time!
Honestly don't worry about how much you are going to be taxed when buying things off players or from Auto shops, just be weary that the tax is there so that you don't go into debt (because that really does suck) xD

Towelie

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Jul 09, 2015, 08:39 PMHow come I don't have access to donator board anymore? I've donated for fly and badges and auto shop perms. I'd like to be able to vote :)

I personally believe that these fixes wont help the problem in the end, and instead the only real solution is a full reset. Probably not a popular idea atm, but eventually it'll come to it. Problem is- richest people have so much money that its impossible to get it off them like this. Also, those who have stockpiled early steve.co crates will become even richer due to them no longer dropping, and prices rising. The lottery thing won't take money from the richest, because those who have a lot of money, don't gamble it all away like that, and even if they did, It'd take thousands of lotteries to bring them down to average wealth. cty has roughly 250000000. Maximum spend per lottery is 40000. It will take ~6250 lotteries to bring him to 0, and that's if he never wins.

I know from experience, as we've been trying to fix the SFT economy since before even 2011. Every fix is temporary, because of the way money is generated by the emp. The longest lasting fix was the full reset as it put everyone on level terms again. If a full reset was to occur, I would suggest looking at the prices for items, as they have been affected by the damaged economy.
fixed

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fire_Lord_Nero

I was also a donator and dont have the permission for it aswell, any chance i can get the permissions back?

nyllekFTW

Okay, seriously?

Why introduce further taxes when half the experienced players have 5m+? If anything anything a reset of some form should be put in place, or at least a money ceiling to keep people from achieving 50m+.

ryan_m004

You can't really put a limmit on the amount of money people can have, because once they reach it they will most likely be bored and not play anymore.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

iLaxrv10

This seems pretty fair to me, especially if people knew it was coming
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 09, 2015, 08:11 PM(I announced when we increased it to 8% that the goal is to get to 10%.

Keep up the good work Towelie :)

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Ultimatum599

Glad I sold a ton of stuff before the change, phew xd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyllekFTW

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Jul 09, 2015, 10:21 PMYou can't really put a limmit on the amount of money people can have, because once they reach it they will most likely be bored and not play anymore.
Then they can be more spendy, if they feel like it. There are people here with 200m+, they have quite the cushion to fall back onto if there is a money cap.

GotAnError

Oh, lovely. More tax which will not solve anything, making people doubt the economy again, which in turn will raise the tax above 10%.

I can see it happen. Welp, knowing the tax is raising more and more, I might as well not spend any money at all any more and only receive it.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Jasper

Quote from: GotAnError on Jul 10, 2015, 12:09 AMOh, lovely. More tax which will not solve anything, making people doubt the economy again, which in turn will raise the tax above 10%.

I can see it happen. Welp, knowing the tax is raising more and more, I might as well not spend any money at all any more and only receive it.

O thank you generic thinker! xd
In seriousness, I do see where you're coming from with this.

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Jul 09, 2015, 08:39 PMIf a full reset was to occur, I would suggest looking at the prices for items, as they have been affected by the damaged economy.

I agree with grimi, the sell prices for items like Gold and diamonds are too high. They should be reduced by an extent, seeing as though gold sells for 600 each and diamonds 1600. If the amount items sell for to emp is reduced, so will the amount of money being pushed into the economy. This seems like a better solution that taxes, which slowly get rid of the money that is already in circulation. And as for people like cty, he's just someone for us all to aspire to beat :D

Fire_Lord_Nero

I remember when a stack of diamonds was 300k, and nobody was rich as hell, the good ol days

BluetigerESW

Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jul 10, 2015, 12:17 AM
Quote from: GotAnError on Jul 10, 2015, 12:09 AMOh, lovely. More tax which will not solve anything, making people doubt the economy again, which in turn will raise the tax above 10%.

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Jul 09, 2015, 08:39 PMIf a full reset was to occur, I would suggest looking at the prices for items, as they have been affected by the damaged economy.

I agree with grimi, the sell prices for items like Gold and diamonds are too high. They should be reduced by an extent, seeing as though gold sells for 600 each and diamonds 1600. If the amount items sell for to emp is reduced, so will the amount of money being pushed into the economy. This seems like a better solution that taxes, which slowly get rid of the money that is already in circulation. And as for people like cty, he's just someone for us all to aspire to beat :D

The point is to discourage people from using the emp as a means of obtaining everything and encouraging them to actual work to get stuff. The emp prices are supposed to be high.

Also I completely agree with gotan with added so many taxes but it's completely pointless. Until we have a full reset the economy will not be fixed.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

tobminer

If you do a full reset, half of your community is gone. Think of it that way, does economy mean more to you then players?

And if it does, then that's sad, seeming as SFT wouldn't even be a server without donations/help from many players.

BluetigerESW

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 10, 2015, 02:37 AMIf you do a full reset, half of your community is gone. Think of it that way, does economy mean more to you then players?

And if it does, then that's sad, seeming as SFT wouldn't even be a server without donations/help from many players.
If they leave due to that then they never truly cared about our community anyways. We got through the last full reset and we could do it again.

darknuju

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Jul 10, 2015, 02:56 AM
Quote from: tobminer on Jul 10, 2015, 02:37 AMIf you do a full reset, half of your community is gone. Think of it that way, does economy mean more to you then players?

If they leave due to that then they never truly cared about our community anyways. We got through the last full reset and we could do it again.

And there was even a full reset before that if I am not mistaken I don't quite remember though

BluetigerESW

Quote from: darknuju on Jul 10, 2015, 02:58 AM

And there was even a full reset before that if I am not mistaken I don't quite remember though
yep, and also more people are likely to leave because it's too easy then because it's too hard. :P

Jasper

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Jul 10, 2015, 02:34 AM
Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jul 10, 2015, 12:17 AM

The point is to discourage people from using the emp as a means of obtaining everything and encouraging them to actual work to get stuff. The emp prices are supposed to be high.

Also I completely agree with gotan with added so many taxes but it's completely pointless. Until we have a full reset the economy will not be fixed.

I'm talking about the SELL price to emp, as you can mine for ~1 hour, get like 1-2 stacks of diamonds, and sell those off for >200k. That's pretty easy money, and is in my opinion too high. I'm suggesting lowering the amount you get for selling off your items, not for buying more lol.

Jasper

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Jul 10, 2015, 03:05 AM
Quote from: darknuju on Jul 10, 2015, 02:58 AM

yep, and also more people are likely to leave because it's too easy then because it's too hard. :P

^^^ True dat

Towelie

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Jul 09, 2015, 09:50 PMI was also a donator and dont have the permission for it aswell, any chance i can get the permissions back?
fixed

omelott

In all honesty, I believe that players should become more self sufficient, when it comes to obtaining resources. I understand that taxes are being used to take away money circulating in the economy, but players should be taking a role in this struggle too. Autoshop owners should take action in restoring item values, by increasing their sell prices and lowering their buy prices. It's a risky move to make, but it could contribute to a more-stabalized economy.

Buying diamonds for 1,600 emp doesn't feel like minecraft to me. Last time I heard, diamonds were the rarest mineral in minecraft.

Green_Giant

Quote from: omelott on Jul 10, 2015, 11:04 AMIn all honesty, I believe that players should become more self sufficient, when it comes to obtaining resources. I understand that taxes are being used to take away money circulating in the economy, but players should be taking a role in this struggle too. Autoshop owners should take action in restoring item values, by increasing their sell prices and lowering their buy prices. It's a risky move to make, but it could contribute to a more-stabalized economy.

Buying diamonds for 1,600 emp doesn't feel like minecraft to me. Last time I heard, diamonds were the rarest mineral in minecraft.
I really wish this would happen, but in reality it won't. If someone raises their prices like they should, then some other greedy autoshop owner won't. And then the person who raised their prices will make no money causing them to drop it again. Unless all autoshop owners did it collectively this will never happen.

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 10, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote from: omelott on Jul 10, 2015, 11:04 AMIn all honesty, I believe that players should become more self sufficient, when it comes to obtaining resources. I understand that taxes are being used to take away money circulating in the economy, but players should be taking a role in this struggle too. Autoshop owners should take action in restoring item values, by increasing their sell prices and lowering their buy prices. It's a risky move to make, but it could contribute to a more-stabalized economy.

I really wish this would happen, but in reality it won't. If someone raises their prices like they should, then some other greedy autoshop owner won't. And then the person who raised their prices will make no money causing them to drop it again. Unless all autoshop owners did it collectively this will never happen.
^ This