Apr 29, 2024, 03:23 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Pixelmon] Emergency Map Maintance

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 17, 2015, 11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Jul 17, 2015, 11:08 PM Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 12:13 AM by Dpa1991
So it seems I messed up when I picked the seed for the recent world reset and ended up using the wrong map. The map we have now is mostly water. There was also a small problem during the generation of the map so I'll be fixing that too.

Unfortunately this means some of the map will be removed and re-generated, so I'm giving you guys a few days to post here if your house is in the affected regions. (See the bottom of the post for information) If your house/build is in the area, please submit the form below.

Requirements:
No small builds, if its a small shack that wouldnt take you more than an hour to move yourself -- we won't move it. We're limited on staff and we can't be moving everyones tiny builds.

[list]
[li][b]Minecraft name:[/b][/li]
[li][b]Warp to old location:[/b][/li]
[li][b]Warp to preferred location:(If no location provided, one will be picked at random)[/b][/li]
[li][b]Does your build meet the requirements?:[/b][/li]
[/list]

How to check if you're affected by this:

Simply click Here, if your house is outside the red box -- you're affected. Please fill out the above form and your build will be moved if qualified. This only affects world1 (Check which world you're in by typing /pos)

This will also effect the messed up areas of the map where it started generating a different seed. Example: Click Here.

When I am ready to fix the map, I will unload world1 while I preform the work on the map. This will take roughly 2-3hours.

The_Troller5539

so are you only resetting that specific area that has the error or are you resetting the entire world?

GameMaster645

Hey my house is Right below spawn on the map, in the birch forest it took me a good 7 hours to build the whole thing. Hope you can help.

BoomCrafty

When is this going to happen?

I liked my area, but have only started placing a ton of sand and gravel top clear out water.  Guess I will need to stop that somehow and get my materials. . . quite a pain :(

Dpa1991

It's almost like no one read my post.

Seth5114

My home is right near the boarder and I have a huge island with pixel art that you can see at /warp pixel art I would like my island to possibly be moved, I think it follows the requirements if I need to get on now and get a mod or person there I can do that.

Seth5114

Jul 18, 2015, 04:14 AM #6 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 04:51 AM by Seth5114
I would like it to be moved to deep ocean and I think my island is around 200x130 blocks and if it can't all be moved I would just like the pixel art moved since I've put a lot of hours into making it.To get to my island you can do /warp pixelart or tp to the cords x445 y63 z4457.
Name:seth5114
New location: deep ocean
Dbmr:yes

iYubTub

• iYubTub:
  • /warp yub:
  • Deep Ocean:
  • Yes:

Da_Enzo

Da_Enzo
/warp Da_Enzo home
Any forest biome
Yes

shadowaurax

North-eastern most parts seem to be safe, the world boundary cuts you off long before you can cross the redline on those fronts.
However, I'm in the part that was generating a different seed, but I was building an entire biome, not specifically a building. If what I was building was moved, it would look like an oddly generated chunk, but at the same time it was a ton of materials and days of work that I might not have the time nor materials to clean up if this is going to happen soon, what should I do?

• Minecraft name: ReiVann
  • Warp to old location: /warp Reinorth
  • Warp to preferred location: middle of the ocean if there is no snow-based biome in the new sections of the world
  • Does your build meet the requirements?:  unsure 

platerfin

• Minecraft name:platerfin
  • Warp to old location:/warp The_carsale
  • Warp to preferred location:(If no location provided, one will be picked at random)deep sea
  • Does your build meet the requirements?:yes
also can you move the floating boat and the mini houses or can you move the ilsand

platerfin

• Warp to old location:/warp platerfin
  • Warp to preferred location:(If no location provided, one will be picked at random)in a savana biome and can you move the who reven
  • Does your build meet the requirements?:i think it dose

Elven_Guard

• Minecraft name: Elven_Guard (Dogggeh also lives here)
  • Warp to old location: ./warp ElvDog
  • Warp to preferred location: Anywhere in the middle of the sea(If no location provided, one will be picked at random)
  • Does your build meet the requirements?: Yes we have 2 islands 1 with our house and 1 that we flattened all in our claim.[/b

iFlirt

Will the world still be resetting on august 1st?
Lost Islands Elder

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Seth5114 on Jul 18, 2015, 04:14 AMI would like it to be moved to deep ocean and I think my island is around 200x130 blocks and if it can't all be moved I would just like the pixel art moved since I've put a lot of hours into making it.To get to my island you can do /warp pixelart or tp to the cords x445 y63 z4457.
Name:seth5114
New location: deep ocean
Dbmr:yes
Moved to /warp seth51142- currently all under one protection with only you on it, just add folk yourself or get a mod to help you next time you're on.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: iYubTub on Jul 18, 2015, 04:22 AM
  • iYubTub:
  • /warp yub:
  • Deep Ocean:
  • Yes:
Done, now at /warp yub2- blocks used for your statue didn't copy so you'll have to do that yourself, is still at /warp yub.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Da_Enzo on Jul 18, 2015, 05:09 AMDa_Enzo
/warp Da_Enzo home
Any forest biome
Yes
You are not affected.

Eternal_Jamie

Jul 18, 2015, 06:14 PM #17 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 07:20 PM by Eternal_Jamie
Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 18, 2015, 05:42 AMNorth-eastern most parts seem to be safe, the world boundary cuts you off long before you can cross the redline on those fronts.
However, I'm in the part that was generating a different seed, but I was building an entire biome, not specifically a building. If what I was building was moved, it would look like an oddly generated chunk, but at the same time it was a ton of materials and days of work that I might not have the time nor materials to clean up if this is going to happen soon, what should I do?

• Minecraft name: ReiVann
  • Warp to old location: /warp Reinorth
  • Warp to preferred location: middle of the ocean if there is no snow-based biome in the new sections of the world
  • Does your build meet the requirements?:  unsure 
I think the best option really would be for us to just take it down for you and give you the materials back (very quick with commands and stuff). Have had a look but with the way you've done it I haven't been able to find anywhere it would really fit that well.

But I'll leave it up to you, still got a couple days (if I don't hear back from you I'll just do option A).
Options are basically:
A) We give you back the materials you used for it
B) We move it somewhere kinda similar and try and make it fit in a bit
C) You find somewhere specific you'd like it moved to

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: SIR.Platerfin on Jul 18, 2015, 06:18 AM
  • Warp to preferred location:(If no location provided, one will be picked at random)in a savana biome and can you move the who reven
That place is not affected.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: SIR.Platerfin on Jul 18, 2015, 06:09 AM
  • Warp to old location:/warp The_carsale
  • Warp to preferred location:(If no location provided, one will be picked at random)deep sea
  • Does your build meet the requirements?:yes
also can you move the floating boat and the mini houses or can you move the ilsand

Done.

platerfin

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jul 18, 2015, 06:21 PM
Quote from: SIR.Platerfin on Jul 18, 2015, 06:18 AM
That place is not affected.
actually i think it is affected

Eternal_Jamie

@Kasper & platerfin
That place is not affected. As shown in this diagram it is neither in the shaded area nor is it outside the red lines. Those are the only areas that are affected. https://imgur.com/yKr2pBA

Hermondixonjr

Username: hermondixonjr
Old Location: /warp myhome409
New location: /warp myhome408
Does Your Build Meet The Requirements: Yes and could you also move my breeding pad thats 43 blocks south of the house, it's made of stone and lava.

shadowaurax

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jul 18, 2015, 06:14 PMI think the best option really would be for us to just take it down for you and give you the materials back (very quick with commands and stuff). Have had a look but with the way you've done it I haven't been able to find anywhere it would really fit that well.

But I'll leave it up to you, still got a couple days (if I don't hear back from you I'll just do option A).
Options are basically:
A) We give you back the materials you used for it
B) We move it somewhere kinda similar and try and make it fit in a bit
C) You find somewhere specific you'd like it moved to

Getting the materials back would be awesome, constructing with those blocks is relatively easy, harvest is a pain xD
 Should I just leave several iron chests outside my home warp for the materials then?

Eternal_Jamie

Yeah that's fine I'll sort it tomorrow.