Please don't leave!

Started by Towelie, Jul 20, 2015, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Lately, I've seen a few players that left SFT from reasons ranging to our tax polciies to just not feeling welcome any more.

First of all, the taxes (I am talking ofcourse, about the in-game currency taxes), I have no intention of increasing the taxes past what they are now. I think they are at pretty much the maximum level they can be, and if we need to increase them more than that, perhaps we need to consider other alternatives.

Second of all, not feeling welcome. You're probably unhappy about people not noticing you or the owner/staff ignoring you. Most of the times, these things are completely accidental - The chat is a busy place and it's easy to miss someone saying Hi. The other times, it's because people tend to form little groups in which they then belong and socialize only with these people. There's nothign wrong with that, not all people enjoy the same things!

My advice is, don't give up! Try again! You want to be liked? Don't ask people if they like you.. Start by helping out new players, and by being nice in the first place. People will notice you and befriend you that way. Think more about how you could help other players and make new friends rather than hoarding your money/resources which you probably are never gonna use anyway.

So, I'd like to end this by saying: Please don't leave SFT! There's always ways of starting fresh and making friends, even if you're an old player with 1000hours uptime or a brand new player!

Instead, if there's something bothering you / annoying you, put it up to debate either by bringing it to my attention or by creating a poll about it!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: If you're one of the people that think I am adding taxes to make myself rich with empbucks, take this for brain food: I can spawn any money or items whenever I want and however many I want.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Chill2000

I couldn't leave SFT for more than a week xD <3
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

MobileHome18

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 20, 2015, 02:55 PMPS: If you're one of the people that think I am adding taxes to make myself rich with empbucks, take this for brain food: I can spawn any money or items whenever I want and however many I want.
This just made me laugh so hard. xd

happypinecones

When people leave, most of the time they complain about something even when there is nothing wrong. They probably don't leave because of what you have stated here (taxes, not feeling welcome) just they want to move on or stop playing minecraft.

DarkTrainer45

We don't quit SFT Because of that kind of stuff

SFT Has some mega issues with staff im not going to discuss because I tried to before and it was handled with "Hes going through problems" or some shit and im basically tired of those excuses

Some leave because the place is getting more boring after spending a lot of time on it and I know its a good server and all but everything does come to an end and shit.

Im upset so if I sound rude sorry xD <3

But still people did love SFT Before every single plugin in the world was added xD I mean seriously. Autoshops make it feel like your in creative mode...

So does the EMP and stuff.

SlimeFun makes people feel like cheaters yes it adds more things that may seem fun but kinda get boring

I remember when SFT Was full of a shit load of players in 2013 and stuff man. This means that everyone had fun.

Factions = Boring af with everyone being op
Creative = Always been dead and basically anyone can just go to single player and do the same thing xd
Survival = too many plugins = creative basically
Everything else I don't touch so idk

But You cant be like "Everyone stay on please" People will leave

Everything comes to a End Towelie sorry to ruin your feelings and shit dude
but its true

Nothing lasts forever :/ we learn it the hard way. Legends are leaving because they don't want to do the same thing every day
So do a lot of elites that have been on since the beginning xD. anyways That's just my opinion

jaytan216

I have to agree with dark , he did have some points that I feel like it's so true..

Towelie

Quote from: DarkTrainer45 on Jul 20, 2015, 06:20 PMWe don't quit SFT Because of that kind of stuff

SFT Has some mega issues with staff im not going to discuss because I tried to before and it was handled with "Hes going through problems" or some shit and im basically tired of those excuses

Some leave because the place is getting more boring after spending a lot of time on it and I know its a good server and all but everything does come to an end and shit.

Im upset so if I sound rude sorry xD <3

But still people did love SFT Before every single plugin in the world was added xD I mean seriously. Autoshops make it feel like your in creative mode...

So does the EMP and stuff.

SlimeFun makes people feel like cheaters yes it adds more things that may seem fun but kinda get boring

I remember when SFT Was full of a shit load of players in 2013 and stuff man. This means that everyone had fun.

Factions = Boring af with everyone being op
Creative = Always been dead and basically anyone can just go to single player and do the same thing xd
Survival = too many plugins = creative basically
Everything else I don't touch so idk

But You cant be like "Everyone stay on please" People will leave

Everything comes to a End Towelie sorry to ruin your feelings and shit dude
but its true

Nothing lasts forever :/ we learn it the hard way. Legends are leaving because they don't want to do the same thing every day
So do a lot of elites that have been on since the beginning xD. anyways That's just my opinion
Well that's positive.
Ok first of all, yes nobody will listen about some fictive staff problems unless you pinpoint the exact problem and most importantly NAME NAMES. I can't just magically fix stuff if I don't know who did wrong and what. Also, with proof. Because without proof it's just your word vs the staff member's word.

Second of all about the "all plugins in the world" part, well... I pretty much had to. Do you think people would've played for 4 years + if I would've just left Survival be a Vanilla server?
No. Slimefun adds new interesting mechanics, which probably give players hours of new entertainment. Yes, some items are a bit OP, but they're not easily obtained, you have to work for them.
Autoshops -> How is that different from player owned shops? P
And yeah, you get my drift. I'm trying to keep players from leaving that just leave because they are upset about somethign / dislike about something but without first trying to solve that issue. I am fully aware about the 'everything dies' part.

wubberman17

I have been here for many years now and I just find the game in general boring tbh, i can only really playing in short periods for maybe a week or so without getting bored and quitting for a few months. But the many staff problems do help decrease the amount of SFT i can take and so does the number of plugins that are in use. I do think that the number of plugins will always have to increase since people only ever want more.

Towelie

PS: If you do have any problems to report (about staff or otherwise), feel free to do them via forum PM to me or to StiniPenguin (the Survival Head of Staff) if it's about staff issues.
For all reported issues, I will require  that you pinpoint the issues / name the persons that caused those problems and make sure you post some sort of proof (screenshot, chat logs, video clip).

I will make sure your complaint gets analyzed and that there will be consequences if a staff member wronged you.

petdr16

dark made some good points

Towelie

I'd like to say that following a discussion with StiniPenguin (The Survival HoS), we have decided to start a series of staff surveys, and try to get to the bottom of the staff issues / staff perception issues.
We will try to find out what these issues are and how to fix them, via a series of anonymous surveys.

CMNatic

This may not seem very helpful, however I feel it's important this is voiced. Please don't take this offensively, I'm writing this with the best interests of SFT! Also I haven't played in a few months, so things could of changed and I apologize!

Personally, I feel that SFT is going downhill. It's had a great run, but it's just going to the ground right now. If you revert to the earlier years of SFT, I really think you'll be much more successful. There's far too many plugins on survival. It shouldn't be called survival cause of this.

I appreciate that yes, just a vanilla server would suck. Horribly. However, just cut down on the plugins for survival. I'm personally not at all a fan of SlimeFun I think some of the items just completely ruin it.

However, as Dark very well said. The server was still fairly popular with a lot less plugins and in SFT's earlier years.

Also, I know that voting is a big thing to stand out and help with popularity, but can it stop being crammed down our throats? Yea, I appreciate your trying to reward people for voting and such with the crate drops. But if it doesn't get on my nerves.

Hope this helps a little,
CMNatic

Towelie

Quote from: CMNatic on Jul 20, 2015, 07:48 PMThis may not seem very helpful, however I feel it's important this is voiced. Please don't take this offensively, I'm writing this with the best interests of SFT! Also I haven't played in a few months, so things could of changed and I apologize!

Personally, I feel that SFT is going downhill. It's had a great run, but it's just going to the ground right now. If you revert to the earlier years of SFT, I really think you'll be much more successful. There's far too many plugins on survival. It shouldn't be called survival cause of this.

I appreciate that yes, just a vanilla server would suck. Horribly. However, just cut down on the plugins for survival. I'm personally not at all a fan of SlimeFun I think some of the items just completely ruin it.

However, as Dark very well said. The server was still fairly popular with a lot less plugins and in SFT's earlier years.

Also, I know that voting is a big thing to stand out and help with popularity, but can it stop being crammed down our throats? Yea, I appreciate your trying to reward people for voting and such with the crate drops. But if it doesn't get on my nerves.

Hope this helps a little,
CMNatic
- A lot of people like Slimefun, me included. It adds hours of new gameplay.
- A minecraft vanilla server worked 4 years ago because Minecraft was new. Now it's not. Host a vanilla or close to vanilla server and nobody will play for more than a week
- This 'too many plugins' thing is honestly a trend, we don't have that many game altering plugins.

stormshooter

I find it funny how a lot of you say all the old people are leaving, when most of them a merely taking breaks. I joined back in 2011, and took a long break during 2013, but then came back. Many people do the same. Personally I think SFT is going uphill, everyone is just ignoring new players and how they can be just as good friends as veterans, elites and legends.

As for the op / tax issue:
If you hadn't noticed, the tax is sort of to counter the op elements of survival. Towelie is slowly trying to 'nerf' SFT, just stick around and give it a bit of time.

Bordem issue - Try out some of the new features (Or servers) on SFT, give yourself a challenge.

If I can make one suggestion: Make more use of hungergames / skywars @ eventhosts.

tobminer

Just a suggestion but..:

I am kind of hoping (even though I don't play anymore) that would might take a look at chat logs everyday or so? Including /msg as people can say very rude/not nice things to people and can get away with it. Along with the "Do not insult staff or players" rule being more enforced. I left because of players and nothing was done about them, despite over time I have had problems with them.

If you dealt with them or banned them and stopped having "Former Staff" edicut for them, then they would be banned/dealth with and you wouldn't have had so many people leave, because I know I am not the only person who has left because of this.

Hope you take a look into this suggestion, Towelie.

saywhat2365

I'm not sure if you're aware of how many messages and chat messages are sent on the server each day, but it is physically impossible to go through them everyday and ban people for stuff they said.

tobminer

Well, use Command + F and look for keywords.

Towelie

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 21, 2015, 03:12 AMWell, use Command + F and look for keywords.
Few examples to know what we're looking for?
If it's cursewords, that's gonna be very hard as we allow cursing as long as it's not directed at someone.

Brightpkz

Honestly, it may be rude for me to say that most of those people leaving due to a small tax increment seem to be an attention whore. I know, it's highly inappropriate for me to talk like so as a staff, but there's no better word to describe it really. A 5% increment in tax shouldn't be able to drive a person out of the server. If you feel that there's something wrong with the changes, put a suggestion in, we'll hear you out... You shouldn't leave out of a small matter that could be explained and resolved in a matter of minutes. Personally, I don't see it worthwhile to leave a great community because the community cares about its economy and the wellbeing of their players..

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

tobminer

Bright, a lot of auto owners that day tried to..
Like usual, Towelie did NOT listen.

Therefore it's almost pointless to say/post a suggestion.

donnydoom604

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 21, 2015, 05:11 PMBright, a lot of auto owners that day tried to..

I thought you left?
Funny.

Towelie

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 21, 2015, 05:11 PMBright, a lot of auto owners that day tried to..

Um, are you aware that the autoshop taxes WERE NOT INCREASED?

happypinecones

This is getting a bit silly now, the post was not titled "As many older players as possible have a huge moan about the bad points in sft"
I from my best view will try show people why what they are saying isn't 100% correct.

Too many plugins: There are a lot of plugins on sft now and people keep saying 'it was better when there was less plugins". That is not true, SFT only had a lot of players back then as that was when minecraft was peaking, there were so many people playing this new exciting game, people didn't care for plugins, they just wanted to do what the wanted.
as the game progressed people started to get bored with minecraft so SFT tried to make it more enjoyable and interesting, adding more plugins. This brought in many new players and kept old players going (even if they will not accept it). The plugins were a good idea and have probably kept SFT survival going with active players for a lot longer.

Taxes: In any economy with currency, you will most likely always need a tax, this controls the amount of money in the game. The main reason why tax has been introduced to SFT is to keep the economy stable. If there was no tax, the price of say a diamond would rocket up, people could get money so easily. This would make life very difficult for new players who do not know the ropes yet but so easy for older players with all the money.

Staff Problems: Many of the comments here have been about the staff. I was staff for 1 and a half years and know what it was like. First let me tell you about the staff. They are unpaid volunteers who usually put 7hours+ a week into doing there job, that may not sound a lot but this is a game where people come to have fun. As staff you get perks but the effort you put in is more then you get out.
Taking that into account I hope you would realize that the staff team puts a lot of effort into helping you enjoy the game as much as possible. They work well as a team but, sometimes they may not do exactly how what you want them to do, they are only humans. Staff can only do so much for you an sometimes they cannot help you as you would like them too. You make think staff is the easy life if you have never been it but it can get difficult when you want to play and have fun on the server you love but then getting bombarded with loads of help calls and even minor abuse from other players.

These are the three main topics people are talking and complaining about. I do not wish to start any arguments, I just wish to state my point of view on these popular controversial topics.
Thanks for reading :)

Towelie

Come on guys, please try to understand what I meant about this post. Bringing up all the old stuff isn't gonna help anyone. I'm simply trying to stop players from leaving without telling us what's bothering them / trying to solve it through us.

iLaxrv10

I don't usually respond in things like this but things are changing and always will be changing. There is a saying in our world that says, "change is good" or "change is for the better". Towelie, Dpa, Fear and everyone are doing so many things to amp up, if you will, our server. Some people not only in this general topic but all over the world don't like change and there is nothing to be done about it. Sure, you can bring up the past but it won't bring the past back. SFT is on the move for bigger and better things. Slime fun, autoshops, and so many more plugins are used to make the server more enjoyable. Ive been with SFT since December of 2012 and Ive loved it ever since. Sure, I took a break like most people but now I'm back and I remember the old SFT, sure it was great but look how far we have come! SFT is on its way to some really great things in my eyes and everyone just needs to enjoy it along the way! I know some people disagree greatly with me and its apart of human nature. Some people like things and some don't, its just your view. There is no reason to hate on SFT, the owners are only trying to make it better and to me, they are. Again, bringing up the past won't do much, only some great memories that will last a long time ;)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

shadowaurax

I dunno, seems to me most of the problems people say they leave for are staff and community, at least for the longer time players, then their friends follow in suite, probably because they are lonely and unwilling to make new friends again.

For my end, community will change, that's whatever, but rules enforcing the direction of the community change are making it sour to me.
In implementing all these 'be nice and shiny because how would you feel if people are mean to you' policies, it feels like we're getting more stupid friggin questions and saying something like, "If you'd take the time to stfu and google it for 2 seconds, you'd already have your answer". Makes everyone like OMG DON'T BE SO MEAN!(no caps obviously because that's a rule too >.>). Nobody wants to answer the stupid questions either, but everyone will show that they have the stick of righteousness up their arse to tell you you're in the wrong.

I'm not saying I don't ask stupid questions and haven't in the past. I do, and I'm usually aware within a few minutes how stupid they were. You take the criticism and move on, and try not be be a jackass again, but we're basically banning criticism of stupidity as we're moving forward. Don't be like American schools under the No Child Left Behind Act, leave anyone being stupid feeling stupid until they're ready to move on. We don't need to lower the standard to make them feel better -.-,

Also, I would guess that map nukes other resets take their toll on both Pixel and Survival. Is it necessary for a server to remain playable(without being a major company)? Absolutely.
I haven't been around long enough to know the regular frequency, but I imagine you can only pour yourself into so many builds and have them disappear before you don't want to do it anymore.

Towelie

We're currently doing our best to get to the bottom of the staff problems and solving them.
As for the community problem, please develop.

Brightpkz

Jul 22, 2015, 04:12 AM #28 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015, 04:18 AM by Brightpkz
Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 22, 2015, 02:48 AMAlso, I would guess that map nukes other resets take their toll on both Pixel and Survival. Is it necessary for a server to remain playable(without being a major company)? Absolutely.
I haven't been around long enough to know the regular frequency, but I imagine you can only pour yourself into so many builds and have them disappear before you don't want to do it anymore.

I don't wanna seem like a massive douchebag who just cuts your whole post into this tiny bit here, but.

Throughout the week, there's been MULTIPLE, frontpaged posts regarding the reset topic. I don't think it's necessary to stir up this topic once AGAIN in a topic to convince others to not leave, as the topic of reset has caused the people to leave 2 weeks ago. <- Which means, you bringing this up, doesn't really help the cause of this post.

Now, back to this topic...

The talks on the procedures of reset are STILL on the go, which means, discussions are still going on, and even Towelie himself has not derived a conclusion, so, why should we as a community jump to one beforehand?

Resets have happened before, and looking back at former pattern, they always let you move 2 builds to another world that's staying. Just calm down...

The current resets we take action on basically all of our servers are inevitable. Not because we hate your builds, but because:
1. The world is OVER-CROWDING and guests have no places to build in/ do /random to. (This is a major issue because guests act as our future of SFT.)
2. People do need a fresh start when they have everything established, it gets boring.
3. The current survival /w2 has around what? 20-30% of usable space remaining, even if we do not consider possible BCV rules being involved when you build there... So how is it not necessary to reset it.

Towelie

What bright said.
And if you need to see that what we said is true, go look at the dynmap
http://mc.superfuntime.org:8123/
Then enable the WorldGuard overlay, and then check how overcrowded World2 is. (world1 is too but we recently expanded it a bit.

Towelie

Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 22, 2015, 02:48 AMbut rules enforcing the direction of the community change are making it sour to me.

Please explain

shadowaurax

Jul 22, 2015, 04:52 AM #31 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015, 05:57 AM by shadowaurax
Quote from: Brightpkz on Jul 22, 2015, 04:12 AM
Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 22, 2015, 02:48 AMAlso, I would guess that map nukes other resets take their toll on both Pixel and Survival. Is it necessary for a server to remain playable(without being a major company)? Absolutely.

I don't wanna seem like a massive douchebag who just cuts your whole post into this tiny bit here, but.

Throughout the week, there's been MULTIPLE, frontpaged posts regarding the reset topic. I don't think it's necessary to stir up this topic once AGAIN in a topic to convince others to not leave, as the topic of reset has caused the people to leave 2 weeks ago. <- Which means, you bringing this up, doesn't really help the cause of this post.

Now, back to this topic...

The talks on the procedures of reset are STILL on the go, which means, discussions are still going on, and even Towelie himself has not derived a conclusion, so, why should we as a community jump to one beforehand?

Resets have happened before, and looking back at former pattern, they always let you move 2 builds to another world that's staying. Just calm down...

The current resets we take action on basically all of our servers are inevitable. Not because we hate your builds, but because:
1. The world is OVER-CROWDING and guests have no places to build in/ do /random to.
2. People do need a fresh start when they have everything established, it gets boring.
3. The current survival /w2 has around what? 20-30% of usable space remaining, even if we do not consider possible BCV rules being involved when you build there... So how is it not necessary to reset it.

I was just noting it as a reason, not to stir anything up. I can only go off what I see and that has largely been on Pixel, Survival I just pop into every now and again. I actually intended the post more to the point of server-wide forced babysitting in chat being something to be less instead of more enforced.

Anywho, since you brought it up...
I wasn't aware of being able to move builds in survival; Two moved should be enough for anyone. That said, pixel hasn't had that leniency through either of the wipes I've seen, and even autoshops weren't spared this time around unless something changed that I wasn't aware of.

Pixel used to peak pretty regular at 70+ people over weekends, it lagged so bad that I couldn't do anything on my crappy comp, but that was fine, server was healthy, people seemed happy. Only thing I've really seen change on Pixel end is wipes and policy changes to how we can chat an interact. But even wipes hardly dropped the weekend peaks. Now the air of fun is by and large sucked out of chat, unless there's an event going on or a few people are being silly enough to make people disregard skirting the line with chat spam to shout ridiculous things in global, and I don't think I've seen activity peak past 60 people and only for short times when it happens(average I've seen is around 51-55).
As before, I haven't been around for THAT long to make a full evaluation, maybe summer weekends just doesn't peak as high as school year weekends?

If this was a topic only meant toward survival, sorry...I would assume it should be moved/marked as such.

Brightpkz

I don't think you really "read" this post. This post specified its target in its first sentence. "Lately, I've seen a few players that leave SFT..."

Also, the general announcement board is suitable for posts for any server/any audience, while relevant and needed. It's posted here because it needs to be seen by everyone, the post is important and shouldn't be ignored, hence why it's here. The post is answering a recent heated topic of discussion, so why shouldn't it be here. It's not been marked "[Survival]" because it applies to all servers.

Then, I would like to talk about your argument on Pixelmon's recent activity.

Firstly, I don't think you should merely take your scope on Pixelmon. The activity drop has also been observed in our other servers, if you look at their data too.

Secondly, You gotta look at the other perspectives, i.e. vacations, holidays, visiting families, etc.

Thirdly, The chat policies. Yes, you may argue that the new policies "suck up" the fun, which could be true. But what about the necessity of it... Minecraft was intended to be a game that even kids could play, due to its difficulty. Not saying that adults can't play, but it's been made clear that they were pitching this game as a children-friendly one to the world. As a server of Minecraft, I believe we should perpetuate that, though it may be undesirable. You may argue, that the server has a larger player base of teens and young adults, which may also be true. But if you look, around 3 weeks ago, there was a huge post on the chat made about the PE server... Although, you could say that PE isn't Pixelmon, but it's clear that there's a large proportion of players here that don't enjoy uncontrolled chats, hence the necessity of these policies.

Moving builds:

That rule has been there for the past resets as well.

Pixelmon's reset rules:
Perhaps it wasn't as lenient, but then again, they haven't reseted for a LONG time, a fresh start was clearly needed...

I said you were stirring things up because you were bringing up a topic addressed >5 times by Towelie himself on FRONTPAGED posts. And you brought this up on a post that's aimed at protecting the server's interests and stopping players from leaving... It's been clear that resets have been a matter of controversy... So not here please xd

Look, I'm not saying you're wrong or slamming your views, but if it's a matter of controversy, maybe talk about it in private with Towelie or ANYONE who could solve it for you... Because that could probably help you more than posting in the public would.

Towelie

Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 22, 2015, 04:52 AMI wasn't aware of being able to move builds in survival; Two moved should be enough for anyone. That said, pixel hasn't had that leniency through either of the wipes I've seen, and even autoshops weren't spared this time around unless something changed that I wasn't aware of.
Pixelmon doesn't have the human power that Survival has.
AKA we have more staff.

Towelie

Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 22, 2015, 04:52 AMNow the air of fun is by and large sucked out of chat, unless there's an event going on or a few people are being silly enough to make people disregard skirting the line with chat spam to shout ridiculous things in global
If you have any suggestions on how we may fix/improve that, please let me know.
Things should be a bit better once UnitedWeDance assumes the HoS position as she is trained on Survival and familiar with our slightly more rigurous ways.

tobminer

Quote from: donnydoom604 on Jul 21, 2015, 05:13 PM

I thought you left?
Funny.

I left the server, I am still somewhat active on the forums.

Also, your message there is DEFINITELY going to get me back on the server.

Towelie, Donnydoom has had a warning before already, and he continues this crap. Extremely rude, and people like donny is the main reason I left.

Perhaps a demotion?

Idk, your choice, but it seems to me that Donny needs to take a break from the staff team.

saywhat2365

First off he makes a good point, you come on the topic acting like you've been gone for months making a big deal out of stuff that most people would brush off.

Second of all, I don't think you are in any position to be demanding people to be demoted for making a simple comment on a forum topic nor do I think you have done anything here except attempt to draw attention to yourself for problems that you brought on yourself.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

tobminer

Sorry about that Saywhat, forgot if you are leaving there is a rule in place about needing to leave the forums aswell.

Terribly sorry for posting my opinion and trying to feel like I still fit into the community still.

Sorry

Deleted superfuntime from bookmarks.

Over and out.

~Tobminer

VirginianAE

I just went back and read this entire thread because it looked like it would be worth a few chuckles and the login servers are down.  This thread didn't disappoint.  A few reflections:

Towelie, staff, and whoever else has contributed.... keep doin' yalls thing.  Maybe the trend is just sunsetting and maybe we're just a lull.  Either way, you guys keep giving us a great place to play.

Old/new players with frustrations: it's a free server (unless you donate) and they are trying to make hundreds of (mostly adolescent) users happy at the same time. A little patience and tolerance is probably a virtue.

tobminer... I "get it", but you aren't looking well from the perspective of a third-party observer when I go back and read the thread. Cut bait, man.

Ditto to Towelie's initial post: this is a great server, decent community, and provides a lot of different ways to play the game.  It's worth sticking around.