May 08, 2024, 09:37 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Super Fun Time is looking for developers!

Started by Towelie, Mar 20, 2015, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

We are looking for developers!
- Java & Bukkit/Spigot Plugin Knowledge (Survival & More)
- PHP & PocketMine plugin Knowledge (Pocket Minecraft)
- Forge Mod Knowledge (Mod Servers)
- LUA Knowledge (GMod)

What you gain:
- This is a Volunteer/Intern application
- You will not be paid and will have no benefits
- You will not be an employee of SFT
- You will gain experience and popularity
- No pressure will be put on you (so no deadlines)

We are looking for developers, with knowledge of the mentioned programming languages above.
You will receive no compensation, as this is a volunteer job
Any code you write for SFT can and will be used by us, so any piece of code you write for us is basically ours to use (we will not redistribute or sell your work without your written consent)
You will need to provide a portfolio (samples of work you've done in the past), otherwise please don't apply. If you don't have a portfolio, make a plugin (any plugin yu want) in one of the languages mentioned above, and send it to TowelieDOH. It will be analyzed, and you will be asked a few questions to verify its authenticity

Interested? Simply post here, give us a brief "Resume" (no personal details please), and then send Towelie a sample of your work.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

donnydoom604

Any kind of requirement on sample plugin? Can it be anything or something a little more advanced?

paul_weebird

donnydoom604

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

paul_weebird

is developers only needing a lot of training?

ryan_m004

Quote from: Paul_Weebird on Mar 20, 2015, 09:17 PM
You should have some knowledge before getting your self into the job
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

copen6199

Zesty

Quote from: donnydoom604 on Mar 20, 2015, 06:51 PM
Quote from: Paul_Weebird on Mar 20, 2015, 06:35 PM
Resume if you can add me

erm i suck at codes and i cant read them but what im getting out of that is if paul does it SFT is doomed? please correct me if im wrong xD
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

wfi974

Quote from: quadkaiden on Mar 20, 2015, 11:52 PM
Resume if you can add me

erm i suck at codes and i cant read them but what im getting out of that is if paul does it SFT is doomed? please correct me if im wrong xD
Well, im gonna translate this to the best of my ability :P

So a new array will be created for applicants and SFT is named for SuperFunTime
Then, Donny and Paul are named applicants.
Lastly, if any applicant have the name "paul_weebird", SFT is doomed :p

8d2

You need Java knowledge.

Anyways Tow, I have some Forge knowledge*. You say that you need it for the modded servers, but do I need plugin knowledge?

* I usually look in the Minecraft source code, copy parts of it, and modify that code to my heart's content. I do have basic Java knowledge, but it's not enough to make games.

R1mP3x

Quote from: 8d2 on Mar 21, 2015, 12:42 AM
You need Java knowledge.
Java is an island of Indonesia. With a population of 143 million, Java is the home of 57 percent of the Indonesian population, and is the most populous island on Earth. The Indonesian capital city, Jakarta, is located on western Java. Much of Indonesian history took place on Java. It was the center of powerful Hindu-Buddhist empires, the Islamic sultanates, and the core of the colonial Dutch East Indies. Java was also the center of the Indonesian struggle for independence during the 1930s and 1940s. Java dominates Indonesia politically, economically and culturally.

Hows that?

In all seriousness, I'm learning Java in college for AS level, and trying to teach myself beyond specification so, maybe in the future.

crazygamer113

Quote from: R1mP3x on Mar 21, 2015, 12:55 AM
Quote from: 8d2 on Mar 21, 2015, 12:42 AM
You need Java knowledge.
Java is an island of Indonesia. With a population of 143 million, Java is the home of 57 percent of the Indonesian population, and is the most populous island on Earth. The Indonesian capital city, Jakarta, is located on western Java. Much of Indonesian history took place on Java. It was the center of powerful Hindu-Buddhist empires, the Islamic sultanates, and the core of the colonial Dutch East Indies. Java was also the center of the Indonesian struggle for independence during the 1930s and 1940s. Java dominates Indonesia politically, economically and culturally.

Hows that?

In all seriousness, I'm learning Java in college for AS level, and trying to teach myself beyond specification so, maybe in the future.

Haha

Towelie

Quote from: donnydoom604 on Mar 20, 2015, 02:45 PM
Any kind of requirement on sample plugin? Can it be anything or something a little more advanced?
Make a fun little plugin for survival that works. The theme is yours to choose

krikky97

I can stand there and look handsome that's about it

Jyncs

I tell you I can do it every time and every time I get passed up.

Probably best to pass me up this time too though as I will probably be moving soon.

I can do some side work, fixing a few things here and there. Whatever you need.

Languages I know(but don't necessarily work with everyday):
Java, C#, VB.Net, VB6, ASP.Net, VB6, PowerBuilder(Don't ever learn unless you have to!), HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL,JavaScript.

The Lovin Spoon

Resume if you can add me

bitch got owned and he didnt realise.

how are you gonna develop shit for sft without knowledge of simple C# coding

Jyncs

C# and Java are very close in language.

cravend

I love how, rather than actually applying, everyone is talking about Donny's burn

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on Mar 21, 2015, 06:54 PM
Actually, this time I'm not going to ignore you xD
And the reason i disregard your applications is the communications between us. We are rarely online at the same time (like once every full moon) and that would be impossible to make it work but I would like to give it a try.
I'll let saywhat know about you and for now, if you want, you'll help around pocketmine (which is a popular but neglected when it comes to developer time - server.

ColesyM

Quote from: Jyncs on Mar 21, 2015, 06:54 PM

Very true, apart from API and some very tiny syntactical difference, they are identical. So anyone who is a comfortable  C# developer should consider themselves Java capable.

mandist

Will the code be open sourced?  If so, will it be on Github?  If yes and yes, you can consider pull requests from any developer.  Thus while I may not officially apply, if I can look at the code somewhere I may have a contribution to make.

Towelie

Quote from: mandist on Mar 23, 2015, 04:41 AM
Will the code be open sourced?  If so, will it be on Github?  If yes and yes, you can consider pull requests from any developer.  Thus while I may not officially apply, if I can look at the code somewhere I may have a contribution to make.
The code will not be on github, it will be on a closed repository (Stash). It won't be open source in the true sense as we will not release the plugins made for SFT to other servers. There will however, be collaboration between devs if they wish so.

Dogggeh

I believe i can help with the forge modding

CMNatic

Hey, I'm a bit late. Sorry, is there any spots still on offer? :3