Do you like the new forum badges?

Started by Towelie, Jan 17, 2016, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new forum badges more than the old ones?

Yes
63 (64.9%)
No
34 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 22, 2016, 05:33 PM

Towelie

Jan 17, 2016, 05:32 PM Last Edit: Jan 17, 2016, 05:38 PM by Towelie
Please vote! Do you like the new forum badges?

Example:

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

Ye bois.

I like them but maybe a bit more colour difference between admin & manager, look too similar especially since font is very small.

Khaled

Yes! Absolutly loved them! There is an issue though, I belive that the site is mobile friendly which is amazing but it doesn't show all features which is probably better because of the small screen of it but is it possible to like add these features somewere? These are (Info on the left of each post/Search) search isn't really important, at least for me but info would bw great instead of having to go to their profile, also on the mobile veiw, it doesn't show the rank or that new badge system, yet it does show a text inside the profile it self saying so

Dkxpl126

Aymaneto

Quote from: Khaled on Jan 17, 2016, 05:45 PMalso on the mobile veiw, it doesn't show the rank or that new badge system, yet it does show a text inside the profile it self saying so
What kind of mobile/tablet do you use? Because it actually shows the badge system on my ipad.

robingoofy

They look good!
But why can't I see my badge?

dutbug

I think they are looking amazing!

Green_Giant

The new ones look alright, I just think the avatar should be centred, as well as possibly the name. Maybe possibly also increasing the size of avatar's and the forum badge by about 10-20 px could also make it look a little more clean (though I do see this causing issues on mobile devices). As much as I liked the old ones, I understand the reason to change.

CaykoMarie

I think they look really awesome. I'm happy for the change.  :laugh:

LUFC4eva

I like them! Gives a lot more variation between the old ranks. Good job with them! :)

Lazy_0ne

Not really :/ I do however like the new ones we had yesterday, I thought they were nice. I do like all the color differences and the pictures that go along with the ranks. What I don't like is the shape of them and the font. The shape looks like the sides are getting cut off and you're not seeing the full badge, and the font is just kinda weird looking. This is my honest opinion :P

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jan 17, 2016, 06:36 PMThe new ones look alright, I just think the avatar should be centred, as well as possibly the name. Maybe possibly also increasing the size of avatar's and the forum badge by about 10-20 px could also make it look a little more clean (though I do see this causing issues on mobile devices). As much as I liked the old ones, I understand the reason to change.
Yeah, I agree it would be nice to center the avatars but sadly it requires editing the forum themes and that breaks compatibility with further updates.
Maybe @mordalthunder  can make a SMF addon which centers the avatars :S

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Green_Giant

Quote from: Lazy_0ne on Jan 17, 2016, 06:53 PMNot really :/ I do however like the new ones we had yesterday, I thought they were nice. I do like all the color differences and the pictures that go along with the ranks. What I don't like is the shape of them and the font. The shape looks like the sides are getting cut off and you're not seeing the full badge, and the font is just kinda weird looking. This is my honest opinion :P
Sorta agree and sorta don't. If it wasn't cut off like that it'd be nice. I also have some queries about the colours. Manager colour is a little too similar to Admin, EventHost colours be slightly brighter. The ones we had yesterday weren't that great in my opinion and I certainly prefer the ones we have currently. We'll all have different opinions though so hard to please everyone.

Towelie

The ones from yesterday (the more rounded ones) were changed because the font sizes were varying as things didn't fit, on the new ones we abbreviated instead.

Lazy_0ne

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 07:05 PMThe ones from yesterday (the more rounded ones) were changed because the font sizes were varying as things didn't fit, on the new ones we abbreviated instead.
I think if the shape of the current one is fixed, some of the colors are slightly changed, and there is a different font, these ones are gonna be much better.

Khaled

Quote from: aymaneto on Jan 17, 2016, 06:01 PM
Quote from: Khaled on Jan 17, 2016, 05:45 PMalso on the mobile veiw, it doesn't show the rank or that new badge system, yet it does show a text inside the profile it self saying so
What kind of mobile/tablet do you use? Because it actually shows the badge system on my ipad.
Well perhaps because Ipads have a much bigger screen than mobile platforms, my phone is like 4 inch screen samsung s4 mini i9192

Doctor_Thanos

Honestly, I dislike them really a lot. Deep inside me there is hope that they will change back.

stormshooter

I assumed the new titles were because katoon made most of the old ones.

omelott

I like them, but I miss the font from the old forum badges. :-\

GotAnError

I find it very satisfying to look at them.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Nubbun

Jan 17, 2016, 08:52 PM #22 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2016, 09:11 PM by magl
Quotemore than the old ones

I voted no. not cuz these aren't good, I just liked the originality of the previous ones better.
I don't "not like" the new ones thoe

(mostly talkin about pixelmon train wrist ranks cuz have 0clue on how the other ranks looked xD)

\(◎o◎)/

SuperJK

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 05:32 PMPlease vote! Do you like the new forum badges?

Example:

I reaallly Don't like my badge

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: magl on Jan 17, 2016, 08:52 PM
Quotemore than the old ones

I voted no. not cuz these aren't good, I just liked the originality of the previous ones better.
I don't "not like" the new ones thoe

(mostly talkin about pixelmon train wrist ranks cuz have 0clue on how the other ranks looked xD)
ikr Magl

/warp SteveCoMuseum