Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] The SFTMMO Rebalance update

Started by Towelie, Feb 24, 2016, 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 10:46 AM
Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:43 AM
Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 10:40 AM
Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:27 AMforgive me if I'm wrong, but does that mean if i get 50 kills at my spawner in under 5 mins i get weakness, or is it only naturally spawned mobs?

Correct. It means you can safely kill one mob every 6 seconds, spam it any faster and this will kick in.
For someone who sits at a spawner 80% of the time this is a real game changer haha

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 10:39 AMSpeaking of weakness, the post says you have a way of preventing people from clearing it with milk.

Can we drink a strength potion to counteract the effects of the debuff, or does that get blocked as well?

Assuming strength potions don't get blocked by the new system, they're probably your best bet for keeping your kill rate up.
Debateable if we'll block them or not. But at least now you consume something if you want to mindlessly farm mobs xd

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Also, can I say I love how much interest this topic is generating and how nobody has yet posted a message along of the lines of " FUCK YOU I QUIT YOU RUINED MINECRAFT FOR ME" xd Which is good because that is what we were trying to avoid.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 24, 2016, 10:51 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 10:46 AM<snip>
Debateable if we'll block them or not. But at least now you consume something if you want to mindlessly farm mobs xd

Alright, I just wanted to caution against doing so, because if a person is within range of a strength beacon and they accidentally kill things too fast, then they would end up having the debuff applied to them over and over every two seconds or so until they leave the range of the beacon.

(Unless you special case it so that if the potion effect that is applied has a duration of less than five seconds it only blocks it, and doesn't apply the debuff, but I think at that point it starts getting more complicated than it needs to be.)

ChoctheMilkman

FUCK YOU IM QUITTING MINECRAFT!!!1!!1 @Towelie

Towelie

Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:57 AMFUCK YOU IM QUITTING MINECRAFT!!!1!!1 @Towelie
Lol xD You're joking right? Cause if you are it's funny, otherwise it's sad.

ChoctheMilkman

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 24, 2016, 11:00 AM
Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:57 AMFUCK YOU IM QUITTING MINECRAFT!!!1!!1 @Towelie

Surely you didn't think i was being serious... haha

Katherine

Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 11:15 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 24, 2016, 11:00 AM

Surely you didn't think i was being serious... haha

Couldn't resist

Towelie

Totally irrelevant to this post but here's one of our four servers xd

http://puu.sh/njGuN/a4d8da9000.jpg

NutellaToastx

Fancy, thanks for the update info Tow. :D

maxwolf28

"Added mob kill counter that clears every 5 mins, if a player gets > 50 kills, they get weakness for 5m10s, if they try and clear that with milk before kills are cleared, they get slow and slow digging for 30 seconds on top"
Why?

ColesyM

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Feb 24, 2016, 03:46 PM"Added mob kill counter that clears every 5 mins, if a player gets > 50 kills, they get weakness for 5m10s, if they try and clear that with milk before kills are cleared, they get slow and slow digging for 30 seconds on top"
Why?

To alleviate the imbalance of people rapidly killing mobs at a spawner instead of playing the game. The downsides of that practice are:

-Prevents natural mobs from spawning both globally and in the chunks involved!
-Increases much more resource load on the server (especially via plugins handling those spawns)
-Players don't experience any of the benefits of playing the game normally, like the bonuses for killing natural mobs, especially in hard mode.
-Mobs all piled in once place can lag players passing by, without even being in the spawner.

Green_Giant

Nice changes, the only issue I see is that a Strength beacon could be used to negative the effects of weakness.

Stancrazy

Say if you killed 100+mobs within 9 minutes-, would the weakness effect restock for a total of 10minutes and 20seconds, or add on to the remaining time previously?

Fractalion

While we're on the subject of SFTMMO, I have a couple observations/questions regarding experience bottling.

The other day I traded a bottle of 200 acro levels for a bottle of 200 axe levels. When I drank the bottle I only went from level sixtyish to level seventy-nine. I haven't read up on bottled experience too much (not that there's any place to read up on it, anyways), but I'm curious if it is intentional that you get so little experience or if I encountered a bug. I'm not particularly concerned about it - my acrobatics is going to be set to zero in a week or so anyways, so I haven't really lost anything, but I was a little shocked that I only gained about fifteen levels from a potion that contained all 200. (though if it was a bug, I would love to have the levels it robbed me of. xd)

Second, when I was first experimenting with bottling experience I tried bottling one level of enchanting just to see how it worked. It reduced me to level 199 as expected, and when I drank it it gave me an error message that said something along the lines of "You cannot drink experience you have bottled", which makes sense, I guess. I assume that's a measure to prevent people from hoarding experience for prestiging. (and to prevent people from carrying their levels through a skill level reset) My concern with this, however, is that even though I did not get any levels from the potion, I did not get the potion back. Once I drank it, it was gone, and I don't recall seeing any warnings that this may happen beforehand, either. The plugin should probably block you from consuming the potion if it was bottled by you, or at the very least it should warn you that you cannot drink your own potion ahead of time.

I'm not too concerned about the enchanting experience. As everyone can see below this post I own an enchanting business. I got that level back within minutes of losing it, but the axes one is a little surprising to me.

ColesyM

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 04:37 PMWhile we're on the subject of SFTMMO, I have a couple observations/questions regarding experience bottling.

The other day I traded a bottle of 200 acro levels for a bottle of 200 axe levels. When I drank the bottle I only went from level sixtyish to level seventy-nine. I haven't read up on bottled experience too much (not that there's any place to read up on it, anyways), but I'm curious if it is intentional that you get so little experience or if I encountered a bug. I'm not particularly concerned about it - my acrobatics is going to be set to zero in a week or so anyways, so I haven't really lost anything, but I was a little shocked that I only gained about fifteen levels from a potion that contained all 200. (though if it was a bug, I would love to have the levels it robbed me of. xd)

That's correct, it scales according to your level compared to 200, this is so that people can't just buy their way to the next prestige easily, they have to get most of the way there themselves first.

Fractalion

Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 04:47 PM
Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 04:37 PM<snip>

That's correct, it scales according to your level compared to 200, this is so that people can't just buy their way to the next prestige easily, they have to get most of the way there themselves first.

Alright, that's sort of what I assumed the problem was, but I wanted to make sure since it seemed very low.

I'd ask for you to put a warning in for that, but I'm not sure where it would fit in, and it's probably better suited to that SFTMMO guide Towelie wants someone to write, anyways.

As for the other issue I brought up, I have to assume that isn't intentional?

ColesyM

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 05:01 PM
Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 04:47 PM
Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 04:37 PM<snip>

Alright, that's sort of what I assumed the problem was, but I wanted to make sure since it seemed very low.

I'd ask for you to put a warning in for that, but I'm not sure where it would fit in, and it's probably better suited to that SFTMMO guide Towelie wants someone to write, anyways.

Sounds like a bug to me.

Zeph

@Towelie @ColesyM I liked it the way it was however i am glad this isn't as drastic as i imagined.

cravend

Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 05:07 PM
Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 05:01 PM<snip>
Sounds like a bug to me.
Quote from: ColesyM on Jun 19, 2015, 02:13 PMYou cannot drink your own skill bottles
According to the SFTMMO Guide, that isn't a bug. Just wanted to let you know, in case it affected how you removed it!

ColesyM

Quote from: cravend on Feb 24, 2016, 07:55 PM
Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 05:07 PM
Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 05:01 PM<snip>
Sounds like a bug to me.
Quote from: ColesyM on Jun 19, 2015, 02:13 PMYou cannot drink your own skill bottles
According to the SFTMMO Guide, that isn't a bug. Just wanted to let you know, in case it affected how you removed it!

Not that, the potion still be consumed.